DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@BloodletterQ @kovak @nonemployee

1.4 - Compatibility with Yanfly's CTB. I've tested it, but let me know if everything works for you.

I tried it with the Yanfly CTB and the message doesn't even pop up, leading to my characters stuck in a loop where they do the victory pose. It works best with the DTB since the ATB glitch I found requires very precise timing. I think you might have to code a function that turns off the command window when the battle's over? Otherwise I can switch battle systems.

Edit: Just saw the first sentence was already posted.
Is there any way you can narrow down the timing? If you can't find it then I will put in an option to hide the command window until we can figure it out.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The job point screen looks awkward again, like in the previous versions before the fix.

The texts are supposed to appear on the job point screen when they are supposed to appear on the Exp ones only?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi,

I would like to know if it's possble to display the items list directly under the portraits insteast of a dialog box, please ?

Sorry for the dumb question but I kinda a newbie with coding and events.

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm using @Mr. Trivel's battle character plugin which allows me to set as many actors as I want to participate at once as I want.

It works well but this plugin shows  all the actors on a single row, would it be possible to make it so it only shows 4 actors on each row?

Note: the game is set to run in 1920x1440.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The job point screen looks awkward again, like in the previous versions before the fix.

The texts are supposed to appear on the job point screen when they are supposed to appear on the Exp ones only?
I'm not getting this problem. Can you be more specific about the conditions you had when encountering this problem?

I also don't understand your second sentence.

I tested this two notetag sets:

<VICTORY ACTION TYPE: exp>

<VICTORY ACTION EFFECT>

this.DXVACommonEvent("2");

</VICTORY ACTION EFFECT>

Code:
<VICTORY ACTION TYPE: jp>

<VICTORY ACTION EFFECT>

this.DXVACommonEvent("5");

</VICTORY ACTION EFFECT>

Comment event 2 is called for the exp window and common event 5 is called for the jp window, for me. This is correct.

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possble to display the items list directly under the portraits insteast of a dialog box, please ?

Sorry for the dumb question but I kinda a newbie with coding and events.
I don't understand what you're asking. The drops window doesn't have portraits to begin with. If you can be more specific or make a picture example of what you want, that would be helpful.

I'm using @Mr. Trivel's battle character plugin which allows me to set as many actors as I want to participate at once as I want.

It works well but this plugin shows  all the actors on a single row, would it be possible to make it so it only shows 4 actors on each row?

Note: the game is set to run in 1920x1440.
I'll put that in a future update. Stay tuned.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What i had was that the screen looked like the EXP one but the faces were missing parts and the texts were suffled all over the place and it's happening again after the update.

The messages are apperaing on the JP screen too, idk if it's intended though.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What i had was that the screen looked like the EXP one but the faces were missing parts and the texts were suffled all over the place and it's happening again after the update.

The messages are apperaing on the JP screen too, idk if it's intended though.

Did you make sure to place this plugin below the jp plugin?

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I don't understand what you're asking. The drops window doesn't have portraits to begin with. If you can be more specific or make a picture example of what you want, that would be helpful.
I wanted to know if it was possible to compile exp window and drop window together on the same screen with your plugin, examples:

http://cdn.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/video/flv/104299/1042993050140778_360p.jpg

In Rpg maker it would look like something like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nwsaDzpgqcA/maxresdefault.jpg

Just imagine that the window at the bottom will display the loots.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wanted to know if it was possible to compile exp window and drop window together on the same screen with your plugin, examples:

http://cdn.gamekult.com/gamekult-com/video/flv/104299/1042993050140778_360p.jpg

In Rpg maker it would look like something like this: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/nwsaDzpgqcA/maxresdefault.jpg

Just imagine that the window at the bottom will display the loots.
It may be a bit tricky considering that I'm extending a system someone else made, but I can put that on my to-do list for the future.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question. I wanted a message to only display if a determined character has 50% or less HP.

I know it should be something like this:

<VICTORY ACTION CONDITION>
$gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(1));
$gameActors.actor(1).has(HP<50%)
</VICTORY ACTION CONDITION>

That line, "$gameActors.actor(1).has(HP<50%)", how can I write it correctly? Btw, I know it's totally wrong, it was just to exemplify what I want to do...

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question. I wanted a message to only display if a determined character has 50% or less HP.

I know it should be something like this:

$gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(1));
$gameActors.actor(1).has(HP<50%)

That line, "$gameActors.actor(1).has(HP<50%)", how can I write it correctly? Btw, I know it's totally wrong, it was just to exemplify what I want to do...
You can use this condition:

$gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(1)) && $gameActors.actor(1).hpRate() <= .5;

Edit: If you want to also check if they're alive as well you can do add $gameActors.actor(1).isAlive(), i.e:

Code:
$gameParty.battleMembers().contains($gameActors.actor(1)) && $gameActors.actor(1).hpRate() <= .5 && $gameActors.actor(1).isAlive();

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just tested it and it worked perfectly, thanks!

Edit: Thanks for the tip, I'll add that to the requirements too.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
May I make a suggestion and have it so that messages can take priority go over all windows? If you try to display a message from the top, the window will obscure it.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
May I make a suggestion and have it so that messages can take priority go over all windows? If you try to display a message from the top, the window will obscure it.
Done in 1.4a, although I may put in an option later to move the victory windows down to accomodate for a message at the top.

MageKing17

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
} else if (currentPriority > highestPriority) {
priorityEffects = [];
priorityEffects.push(currentEffect);
}

You forgot to actually set highestPriority to currentPriority in this branch, so every action with a non-zero priority is treated as though it had a higher priority than whatever action was processed immediately beforehand, while any zero priority actions processed afterwards will be treated as though they had equal priority to it.

But thanks for this; I was afraid I'd have to write my own victory quotes extension, and this does so much more than just victory quotes.

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, DreamX, I've been having a "bug" where sometimes, after the last enemy is killed, another action takes place during the Victory Screen. Only after I perform another action the quotes show up.

You forgot to actually set highestPriority to currentPriority in this branch, so every action with a non-zero priority is treated as though it had a higher priority than whatever action was processed immediately beforehand, while any zero priority actions processed afterwards will be treated as though they had equal priority to it.

Could this be the cause to it? I tried messing with the code a little bit but couldn't fix it. Any ideas?

MageKing17

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey, DreamX, I've been having a "bug" where sometimes, after the last enemy is killed, another action takes place during the Victory Screen. Only after I perform another action the quotes show up.

Could this be the cause to it? I tried messing with the code a little bit but couldn't fix it. Any ideas?
That bug should result in a potentially-wrong-priority action being chosen, not multiple actions taking place one after the other; what does your common event look like?

JohnnyR

Dungeon Master
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That bug should result in a potentially-wrong-priority action being chosen, not multiple actions taking place one after the other; what does your common event look like?

Well, they are common message events, with their trigger set to "none". Their content is simply a text message. I mean, there is nothing wrong with them.

I had a version of them with a sound file for each character's line, but I tried removing the sound file and leaving just the text message and yet nothing has changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Started playing Danganronpa 3 in French - Eyes started bleeding in less than 5 minutes - Installed English text instead.
Why, translator, whyyyy???
-_- Now we have punishments for skipping meals, specially breakfast. At least let me sleep on Fridays -_-
colorize an old sketch
Welp... with numerous plugins and a bit of Javascript help, I've simulated an AP system in battle. Proud of myself honestly.
Why most of games like to give a horrible control to an aircraft vehicle? can I get a simplified control that does not require me to roll first just to change my direction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charliegn