Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DRG - Darker Realistic Grass MZ

Just something that was driving me off the walls; overly bright candy like grass even in maps that would be "scary" and otherwise dark. This very minor edit simply makes the default grass be a little less bright, with somewhat darker almost deadlike grass, yet it also gives it a much improved texture. This is not just a shift in the color, it's a new texture that makes all the difference.

The difference from RTP is quite big, yet it's subtle enough to not clash with the rest of the RTP. The road and the dirt around this edited grass has also been tweaked to go along with it with the cobblestones getting a bit of grass on them as subtle, more realistic touch. To make it perfectly compatible, use the A1 tileset as well which is provided to make the water autotiles work with the grass.

You are free to edit, make use of DRG or otherwise add on to this set if you wish.

It's just a RTP edit so you'll need to have the MZ license to make use of it. You also cannot use it in other non-rpgmaker engines unless you get a permission from Gotcha Gotcha Games. Please do not repost this without my permission as I shall do so on my own to various forums and sites in the near future.

Outside_A1.png
Outside_A2.png

Comparision

Original

original.png

DRG

drg.png

Sample Map with DRG

sample.png

FAQ

Q:
Is this parallax mapping compatible?
A: Absolutely! Just lay it on top of your parallax map or simply use this grass as part of the actual parallax! Happy mapping!

Q: If these were really as simple to do as you say, why didn't anyone do it before you?

A: That's what I was wondering as well, but I did double check and no one had done an edit like this.

Q: I want to credit you in my project, how should I credit you as?

A: Tuomo Laine. If you're going to, please tell me so I can tell my mum&dad about it, that sort of stuff makes them very happy.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Going on hiatus. Won't be back until mid October.:LZSoops:
Just read the English lyrics for Despacito. Ramen aint innocent no more! :kaodes:
Well today was blown away with nothing to show for it. I made a new character to my game who I was going to have a protection mechanic where he protects my main character randomly unless it's a critical, and no matter what, to check if an attack received will be critical, means checking the apply method. This means rewriting the entire method and I refused to do that.
This was originally made for a "castle" challenge, but we just decided to keep it for our actual game :)

1632415929108.png
Would a simple item rarity plugin be useful to someone? Basically, you would set notetag to an item to set its rarity and it would change the text colour of the item.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrSunshine