HeyItsKidd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
On the store, I see a lot of stuff like FES, DS, DS+ resource packs, etc.

My question is, while it says they're optimizied for MV, what exactly does that mean? Do the character faces/sprites match the MV size/style? Do the sprites have sideview versions? Do the tiles match the RTP style for MV?

Basically, I'm just wanting to know how much tweaking I'd need to do to make them look cohesive with the standard MV stuff.

Christian777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think its about the size of each tile/character... For example in order to use older graphics in RPG Maker XP/VX/ACE you need to resize the graphics by 2x their normal size, same with the screen resolution which in older games was 320x224 / 320x240, so doubling that size you get 640x480 which is perfectly usable by RPG Maker XP/VX...

HeyItsKidd

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
That makes sense. I just wasn't sure if it's only resized, or if they went above and beyond and basically made it into a "full" MV DLC.

IFCATS

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On this subject, I see that now the DS/DS+ dlc are heavily discounted as opposed to the same packs for MV. I am wondering if there is much difference worth the price difference, because I purchased the FES pack for MV and it"s not like it was very "optimised"... Can you help?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another day, Another migraine, I found out that the game is broken about the .... Stuff.... Im not best at coding and, I got this billion error, so no choice, I think the error is from Yanfly's SkillMastery...... Fixing it...
Today I got my first shot of the COVID vaccine (Sputnik V). I was very worried. I didn't feel the prick at all. I do not observe any side effects yet.
I should stop staring at the screen too long. neck hurt
I've been in Fort Myers since Thursday night. I'm going home tomorrow or the next day... lol, I desperately need a good taste of homemade Japanese food. I might not be Japanese or even Asian (I'm American born and raised), but I absolutely love authentic Japanese cooking. Restaurant food doesn't do it justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takamura0012