DS or DS+ resource pack?

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As I've been working on my project I realized that the RTP tilesets are not of my liking and I want to change things up a bit.

From your experience which is one is better and why?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Moved to Product Discussion.

Depends on your theme.

DS is classic fantasy-themed. DS+ is more modern/futuristic and including tiles from feudal Japan.

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Moved to Product Discussion.

Depends on your theme.

DS is classic fantasy-themed. DS+ is more modern/futuristic and including tiles from feudal Japan.
Thanks for moving the topic, I frankly did'nt know where to put it.

DS it is, thanks! :D

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Too pad they don't sell a DS/+ Combo Pack where you can buy them both at a cut rate.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
They're both too new, it doesn't make sense from a business perspective for them to do that just yet.  Things like combo price reductions are better to do when sales start slowing down and you need a new burst of interest before the product is forgotten in favor of the newest thing.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, technically they did do that already...in the form of the 50% off Wicked Halloween sale.  ;)

Jay_NOLA

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
DS+ is also an expansion so you'll going to want some tiles  from the DS pack if you get it that aren't in the DS+ pack.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For me there is a problem with the DS+ pack and that is the characters and faces are very limited - fine if you want ones that look like 14 year olds, but otherwise....

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So overall, there isn't anything + about DS+ xD

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
The style for DS+ and DS is extremely different. For example, DS+ tends to go for a more simplistic and different pixel shading. The facesets follow the VXAce Style which has a lot more abundant resource than RMDS. It focuses more on Modern Era/Sengoku though. It also has tons of battlers and custom battlebacks for generic fantasy to futuristic sci-fi. There's a lot of upside DS+ has over DS but it depends on what you need in the end. But DS is still great for medieval-y/fantasy settings.

Personally I prefer DS+ as an artist and game developer since it's easier for me to create new tiles vs. DS's shading style. And I enjoy mapping with DS+ more because of it. And I like the colors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's raining...in winter :")
I was stunned-STUNNED-to find that I have been working on my current project since November. It feels like so much less time than that.
Stream will be live shortly with some art! Going to do a recolor, then start on a new monster! Feel free to drop by!
I've been busy working on other projects this month so I haven't been able to do much towards finishing the prep work for my RPG, but I did brainstorm some interesting ideas for the game.
redrawing one of three my VNM protags

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucansan