fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far I have a character, which will use a rapier in his main hand and a crystal in his second hand. I want some of his abilities to use his rapier and rapier only, while his magic will trigger an attack animation with the equipped crystal instead of rapier.

Like I said, he will equip both like dual wield but in a shield slot. How can I make that happen?

fireflyege

Witch please!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Turkish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All Yanfly plugins.

The Hatred Avenger

~Critical Invader~
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Haha lol Hi again, I know I've sent you this already but since this is public and I can post captures then let's help others!

what Isabella meant is by using Yanfly's Equip Core which you can grab from here:
http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/15/yep-10-equip-core/

You can put a custom equipment tag on each class! so instead of replacing the shield with a weapon why not have all?

Note Tag:

<Equip Slot>
Weapon
Weapon
Shield
Head
Body
Arms
Legs
Accessory
Accessory
</Equip Slot>

This will allow you to equip Two Weapons at the same time! and combine both stats for the actor while also having a shield or what ever you want! it's custom so you can make what ever equipment you want maybe you want it to be a weapon and a crown that has a crystal! so change the tag to:

<Equip Slot>
Magical Crown
Weapon
Shield
Accessory
</Equip Slot>

Just make sure you add what ever Custom equipment type you want to the Types tab in your Database:

Also Make sure if it's a new weapon type you add it in the same tab but under 'Weapon Types'

*Note by a new/custom equipment type I mean a NEW NAME that wasn't in the engine by default for an example Weapon and Shield are there by default but Magical Crown is not, in this case it is the custom equipment that you must add*

as for the specific skill uses just make two categories:
1- *Sword Art* this category uses the Rapier skills only! or maybe any blade skills!.
2- *Crystal Magic* this category uses the crystal only! + any magic maybe as you wish.

Go to Database>Types>Skill Types

combining the method with Yanfly's Action Sequence packs 1,2 and 3 you can just create custom skills with custom animations and sequences to assign them to the previous categories we made!

Just make the skill and assign it to the category:

Create custom animations for this skill, formula, effect, action sequences..etc you can make a lot of skills that will go under Skill Type: 'Sword Art' and what ever you want your actor to do if a skill under this category was chosen is totally up to you!
You want Rapier to do Physical Damage only so be it just make skills assign them to 'Sword Art' and make them all physical, as I said it's totally up to you and your imagination.

same thing goes for the Crystal:

Also by using the note box for a custom action sequence what ever you want happens in that skill category if you want your actor to always use the crystal in this category then NP let it be!.

you can lock the skills by using the *Required Weapon* if you want to, change the formula since the type has changed and so on.

You can make a third category maybe call it *Death* xD, skills that require both the Rapier and the Crystal!
make a custom action sequence just like the one I sent you for showing that the actor just combined both weapons into one attack!

If you give it time you will make this very wonderful =).

Note that this is very simple just to show the way, for more additions:
http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/26/yep-51-weapon-unleash/

This is to assign skills with certain weapons, change the basic attack command depending on the equipped weapon and a lot of cool functions.

For Basic Action Sequence knowledge check out:

I hope this helped.

Happy RPG Making ^_^.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaton