DestroyDX

Guy trying his best
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
High this is DestroyDX here, so I'm making a game called "The way Home" and in I have a character that can dual wield butI don't want him to be able to equip two of the same weapon types. Does anyone know how I can do this?

SirLegna

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
ASL (sign lang)
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I actually just extended one of my plugins after reading your comment. So, how I would do this is:
  1. Download my Weapon Stats Restriction plugin from my plugin generator.
  2. For the weapons you want to restrict us the following note tag:
    <SirL.notEqualSR:{"a.equips()[1] ? a.equips()[1].wtypeId : -1": "a.equips()[0] ? a.equips()[0].wtypeId : -2"}>
This basically says this item can only be equipped when the weapon type ID of slot 1 is not equal to the weapon type Id of slot 2 of the given actor.

There is a strange issue I couldn't resolve but shouldn't be too big of a concern if it is let me know. But Slot 2 has priority over Slot 1. In other words, if you try to add the same weapon type in Slot 2, it will unequip from Slot 1, then equip the new weapon in Slot 2.

If you have questions you can always ask, here is the link to the plugin generator!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone want dynamically soft shadow? :kaohi:
1643106068630.png
Happy Birthday, me!
Woops.
giphy.gif
Ack, I've got to make a script support thread... I hate doing it now; I feel like an annoyance to people. Especially because my questions are usually stupid. Or, at least I assume they are when I don't get any replies lol. Oh well, I'll just make it in the morning. No point doing it now if I'll be asleep.
Slowly working on directions and walking sprites. :kaoback:
mA1ETTy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salzani