Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I'm attempting to make a space RPG right now, and at the moment the most pressing question is dual wielding. Each character in your party has a primary weapon (A mortar, a shotgun, a rifle, etc. etc.) and a side arm (a knife, a pistol, etc etc.) How would I make it so they could dual wield? for example, one category of wielding would be for a primary weapon, and another for the sidearm. Would I need to make separate categories for each class of the sidearm they could use? IE for a captain his primary is a sword, and his secondary would be a pistol, so would I make it so that his sidearm could only be set to the weapon category of pistol?
Will elaborate if any elaboration is needed, sorry if this is a newb question, I'm just kinda starting out after going through tutorials

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hmmm...
Depends there is a built in dual Weild in MV but it replaces the shield slot.
You can't change the name though.

If you want a different name for each slot.You could use a plugin to make it where some if you're weapons go into certain slots.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're not using any of Yanfly's plugins you can use Victor's Dual Wield plugin. It'll do most of the stuff you're having problems with, but if you use it you'll have to commit to using Victor engine plugins as they aren't very friendly with a lot of other plugins. Ramza also has a Dual Wielding plugin that you can pay for and would be more compatible with other plugins.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).
Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emileewitt