Due to International Privacy Laws, Sales Support ending for purchases before September 12th, 2013

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for using RPG Maker Web.
Due to International Privacy Laws, we will be unable to keep customer records beyond a certain length of time. As such, we must end sales support of all RPG Maker products purchased before September 12th, 2013 through any store which DEGICA operated and/or had a sales support window. This will go into effect April 30th, 2019.
Technical support will continue for all users.

【What is included in Sales Support?】
As we will have to remove all payment and customer data before this point, it will be impossible for us to do any of the following:
1: Confirmation of payment status
2: Confirmation of order status
3: Inquiries regarding lost license codes.
Any inquiries involving bugs/crashes/other technical issues, will continue to be handled normally.

【End of Sales Support】
April 30th, 2019
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to your continued support of the RPG Maker Web.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Thanks for the warning.

How long for the above 2013?

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm Yep I presume that's what that means.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Woah that is scary! ^^

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Guess this means if you wanna redownload anything RPG Maker, you got to rebuy it by going through Steam.

To everyone who bought from here's wallets, I'm sorry for your loss.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Maybe for the DLCs but I think the makers can get just code re-entered in Steam?

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like I came back to the forums just in time for this warning. I plan to redownload and backup all my products and keys. Lordy. You know, I'm all for better protection of privacy, but sometimes they go a bit too far, like in this case. I can imagine Degica will have a hard time trying to quell the masses that will be upset if in case they need that kind of support after the purge and I feel for them.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What does this mean, exactly? I have dlc that i have purchased here and ....

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Isn't there any possibility to handle this by giving a steam key or something to those who bought stuff before 2013?

Will this loss of data affect the download links for purchased products featured on the confirmation email we received?

Last edited:

redspark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have Non-RM content that I purchased in 2012. Is there a way to get a Steam key for it?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I.. don't think i bought anything back in 2013..
So this is just for things from back then, not after?

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MikePjr It specifically says that it is for purchases before that date in 2013, so by definition it is not for purchases after.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay.. okay.. just double checking..
I had a bit of an anxiety attack when i read it..
I also can't remember when I bought RPG Maker VX Ace..

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it not possible to issue registrations/purchases through the RM Web store for things that were bought prior to 2013?

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If anyone's worried about when they bought something, if you go into your account, the items in your purchases will say when they were bought.

DerVVulfman

Resident Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Sorry for the late reply as I failed to notice this thread, having made a separate but similarly asking thread for another's behalf a while back.

Riddle me this: I had support with both Protexis (gasp) and Degica, but was reissueed Keys for both XP and VX by way of RPGMakerWeb in 2015. By that, would I assume that RPGMakerWeb now has a reord of new keys/codes on my behalf as they generated them. And would that be sufficient towards keeping support in the event of a future renewal or re-download if the need arose?

Likewise, would it be prudent for those with older Degica-purchased versions to contact for fresh Keys before the deadline?

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am now questioning just now. how about in the future? I mean at some point you guys need to get rid of old purchases, how would it affect it. I am ok to renew my purchase by signing a privacy disclosure paper or something so I won't lose my purchases. I don't have problem on my side being I have all the e-mail right now. Unless if it end up being dead in a long run.

And how about those who is unaware of it and found out too late. (which actually I did with VX ace copy.)

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well dang bulk of my purchases were in 2013 and I just had an HD crash and my main backup drive got zapped in the process :/ so I have to rebuy all that >_< I'm not always on here due to work always keeping me busy... >_> well, here's to more projects so i can afford them again ^_^'

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...
French folk trying to pronounce English words. I loved how the man pronounced squirrel as 'square friend'.
Therapist: any questions? Me: Yeah, are there actually people who think Hotel California is about drugs and not fame or are people just trying to upset me?
Therapist: They WHAT?
It's interesting. There are no safety hazards in our country, but if you look at the shelves in supermarkets, you'd say there's a zombie apocalypse here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunyu