Andreyla

I'm 98% popcorn
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was sitting back remembering some dumb things I did as a kid and thought the subject would be good for some laughs.
In the interest of of not embarrassing someone else, only say something that YOU did, not what someone else did.

So here's my story:
When I was little, I was pretty much scared of nothing. That lead to a lot of moments where I look back and think "what the heck was I thinking??"
One of them was this: I was about 6 years old and traveled to the play room under our house a lot to play with my toys. Because it was under the house though, a lot of creepy crawlies made their way under there. One of which was a very very large spider. One of those big hairy ones. Since they don't typically bite, my parents left it to wander out where it came by itself rather than have to confront it. This left a lot of quality time with this spider. It sat on that wall for days... not moving. I asked my parents if it was dead and they said no, it just didn't want to move.
In my little brain I thought "it hasn't moved for days. That means I can investigate without it moving!"
I looked at that massive spider so close that I could see my reflection in it's eight eyes. It didn't occur to me at all that having something that close would cause it to move at all.
I went upstairs, proud as punch, to tell my parents I could see the spiders eyes.
My mum squealed and convinced my dad that now was the time to get rid of it.
When we went downstairs, it was gone.

Yup. To think now if I see a spider bigger than my thumbnail I run to the other side of the house. What was I thinking? :guffaw:

What is your story? :D

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I was very, very young, probably 4 or 5, I had a little riding-car-toy-thing. My room was also on the 2nd floor of the house. So one day I must have came to the conclusion that "If I ride this down the stairs, I'll build up a lot of speed!"

That is not what happened.

Flipped a few times and tumbled down. Mom was screaming. Dad was at the crash site before I was. Didn't even get injured too bad. This would be the first time I nearly killed myself trying to do something cool, but it would not be the last.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I was little, I had a dream. I put a finger inside an air cooler and when it cut my finger, it chopped off the top layer of my skin, but I had another one underneath it. So I of course had to try it... I remember putting my left thumb in the air cooler... But from that point absolutely nothing. This is my only memory. It's not the most visible thing on the camera, but it's the bulge on my thumb in the upper right corner. 20180228_153407493.jpg

Andreyla

I'm 98% popcorn
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg aw no! Hope there wasn't too much blood lol

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I guess there was, the skin has been partially chopped off. Looking at my fingerprint, it is completely linear from one side, but from the other side it's deformed, so I presume this bulge is a result of stitching. But I really don't remember anything.

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a very little girl, I ran through the bathroom, slipped on some soap, and whacked my head on a marble ledge. Cracked my head right open. Once we arrived at the hospital, I was somehow still fully responsive and got away into an elevator to another floor. The staff had to find me. As a teen, I had a brief little delinquent phase. No more than a year right at the beginning of high school. I never got in any real trouble but it would have been deserved! I never gave into alcohol or drugs either. I used to climb down the trellis from my bedroom window...the rose trellis. I pieced my own ears three times. I stole a "No Parking" sign. I was sitting in a car with some friends when suddenly it was apparent one of them had "accidentally" set a corn field on fire. I didn't do it, but being there was bad enough. That's when I decided I needed new friends.

VertigoAffliction

I can still play these older games like a champ.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ESL (English)
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm...

I can think of several things, however there's definitely NSFW themes about those so let me think a bit harder...

Oh. I once tried to emulate this silly exercise PSA from long ago where these kids would stuff themselves silly with 'Gopher Cakes'; I basically went around the house and grabbed all the chocolate goodies, and then I found a two gallon tub of ice cream, and I made four 'shakes' of this stuff. I drank them all. Two hours later, my mother came back, to find me passed out in the den, covered in my own upchuck, chocolate and ice cream. My babysitter was asleep on the couch upstairs.

Long story short, this was the beginning of my mother's abusive ways. I was five, close to six. And yes, a hopeless chocoholic.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Once, when I was a kid, I was chasing my little brother in the house. He stopped right at the top of the stairs, but I couldn't stop myself and slammed into him. I knocked him down the stairs and fell down after him. Despite me flying down the stairs and smacking against the wall at the bottom, I suffered no injuries whatsoever.

Most of the more severe accidents seemed to happen to my little brother, more than me. I mean, he had a shard of glass go right through his wrist and out the other side, after falling in a dried up garden pond filled with debris, and was fine - he didn't even cry. I guess we were used to getting hurt as kids, due to playing outside a fair bit.

Last edited:

coconutCream

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Cracked my head right open.
Ouch!!

For some weird reason when I was little I cracked my head open several times. One time I remember was when my sister and I were pretending we were witches in the kitchen, and spinning around on the floor in our socks really quick. Witches spin really quick on floors, apparently. And then BOOM, I fell and smacked my head on the oven handle, and cracked it right open.

I'm pretty much wickedly danger-prone (even as an adult). When I was about 13, I was standing at an easel working on some art, and I was cutting a stencil with an X-Acto knife. This guy who was working in the same studio (I worked for my Dad as an artist) asked me something, and I turned around to answer. When I turned back, SWOOSH, the blade of the knife sliced across my eyeball. My eyeball. M y e y e b a l l . At the hospital they rigged up wires to hold my eye open (ala Clockwork Orange) and dripped saline solution into it for like an hour. That was fun.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Witches spin really quick on floors, apparently.
100% true. That's all they do, really. :p

@coconutCream The eyeball thing made me squirm a bit. Cutting eyes is one of the few things I don't like the idea of. >.< Are you blind in that eye, or did the doctors manage to save your sight?

coconutCream

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
100% true. That's all they do, really. :p
Good to know!

@coconutCream The eyeball thing made me squirm a bit. Cutting eyes is one of the few things I don't like the idea of. >.< Are you blind in that eye, or did the doctors manage to save your sight?
Nope, it healed up nicely. But yeah, yikes! I burned the cornea off the same eye about a year ago with vinegar, and it healed up, too. Had other eye incidents over the years besides those. Weird. My eyes are fine, but the universe has it out for them, I guess.

Last edited:

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When i was 12yo i was in the roof of my school with some friends hanging out. The janitor kept all broken chairs and desks there.
There was a house that looked abandoned next to my school. For no reason i threw one of the desks on the house's backyard. In the next day the principal came to my class and said that the cops were looking the one who threw the desk. The owner of the house was a cop. I was ****ting bricks. Nothing happened in the end.

Venderbox

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I was 8, the house I lived in had really messed up wood floors. You were guaranteed a splinter if you didn't wear shoes on them. So, of course, I ran around in socks.
One time I was sliding on the floor and suddenly I felt a horrible pain in my foot. I thought I had impaled my foot on a nail. It was actually a horrible splinter that went really deep into my foot. My dad had to use a pin to get it out. Ever since then, I've been super afraid to set foot on a wooden floor without shoes.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How young constitutes young? As a toddler I did what @The Mighty Palm did, though I have no memory of it. I do have a scar across the bridge of my nose that was supposedly caused by that day, and the story that dad told me I could follow him downstairs but didn't think to tell me to get off of the little riding car first.

Then when I was ten or so I was jumping on a trampoline with some other kids...6-7 other kids, of which I was the biggest. Turns out if you put to much weight on a trampoline at once, the fabric can actually stretch all the way to the ground. I jumped up, a lot of us came down at once, and next thing I knew I was writhing on the mat with a broken ankle and a bunch of other kids jumping up and down all over me.

From 12-15 or so (let me be clear, I haven't done any of this in more than a decade now) I was a little obsessed with chemistry...the explosive kind in particular. I'd make molotov cocktails, pipe bombs, larger bombs out of things like old hubcaps and blow them up in the woods behind my house for entertainment purposes. Hell, when I was 14 I made a working shotgun out of miscellaneous parts in my dad's machine shop (dad died when I was eleven, so until mom realized exactly what me and my little brother had been up to down there years later and quickly sold off all that stuff it was our personal play shop to run wild in).

We did pretty well at it in all honesty, the idiocy was the fact that if we had been caught at it by someone other than our mom, we might both be in prison to this very day for the many, many felonies our entertainments amounted to, regardless of the fact we didn't ever so much as damage anyone else's property through all of that, we just blew up stumps and dirt mostly. That and the fact that however well we made the stuff, our internal safety didn't make it into our thought process at the time, so we'll both likely come down with cancer at some point in the future because of that foolishness.

hero_buddy

artist and pro cat petter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
when i was 5 or 6, the cat knocked down the phone, and i guess some buttons were pressed in the process, since one of those "your call could not be completed" messages were playing over and over. i thought it was a real person, of course, so i kept saying "sorry, it was my cat" over and over until i got frustrated and hung up :kaoswt:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I did a lot of dumb stuff as a kid.

Trying to emulate the penguin and jumped from the roof of the house with an umbrella. lol luckily I didn't break my legs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you do when you want to work on projects but the game companies make so many games available for free because of the quarantine?
Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz