Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Overview:
In between my bigger project I've been having a bit of fun making a basic Zelda-like dungeon crawler that has a few simple combat mechanics for now. I want to try and keep it fairly simple so it would be a nice project that's achievable to finish. I'm also looking to get some feedback early on and make things as tight as possible before adding any custom graphics or other features. I'm posting a small prototype below, feel free to give it a go. I'd appreciate your thoughts:kaojoy:

As i said this is a super early playable demo and I'm a little nervous posting something like this! but I would like to post more on these forums while my other project is a bit more secret. This is just a bit of fun and it would be nice to get more involved with the community and see something develop in this thread.

Combat Actions:
Basic attack that consumes stamina. Player cannot attack if stamina gets too low.
Using the shield will block any incoming attacks. But stamina will recover slowing while blocking.
If hit while blocking stamina will reduce. If stamina reaches 0 the player will stop blocking and take damage.
While shielding the player can 'dodge' backwards in the direction they are facing to avoid attacks.
Action consumes stamina and cannot be used if stamina is too low.
Can only be used if the player is not moving.

Weapons:
- The idea is that the player could find new weapons which have better stats such as more damage or they consume less stamina when used.

example:
Dagger - Consumes little stamina but has low damage.
Hammer - Consumes a lot of stamina but has high damage.
Purchasable Upgrades:
Some kind of basic shop to spend gold on upgrades.

Max Health Points - Increases max health.
Strength - Increases damage dealt.
Stamina - Increase stamina bar so more actions can be used.
Treasure:
The player can find items to help them progress through the dungeon such as health potions, Gold, Poison potions, Map etc.
Controls:
Keyboard only!
W,A,S,D
- Movement
Enter - Attack
Shift (Hold) - Shield
Shift (Hold) + '@' Key - Dodge
Esc - Menu
Demo Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j37wt4hfibjwslz/BL_DungeonCrawlerProto.zip?dl=0

Yanfly
Galv
Hudell
Chaucer
Irina

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, the image links are broken. Anyway, i'm downloading, seems cool. :)

Drifter92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Images should be fixed now :)

Drifter92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Been thinking about different visual styles for this. Still not sold but I'm liking the more looser look but it probably means more work :p

DungeonMockUp_WIP_1.png
DungeonMockUp_WIP_2.png
DungeonMockUp_WIP_3.png
DungeonMockUp_WIP_4.png
DungeonMockUp_WIP_5.png

Last edited:

Yoku

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, that bottom visual set (Idea Two) is really beautiful. I can see the appeal of the older more gameboy color scheme, but I was immediately drawn into the second set of screenshots.

ProjectTrinity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Golly this game is calming to look at. Even if that bat in the first .gif is doing work on that poor boy.

Mojo907

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love to use a simple abs like this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D
I got a new computer and can't find my product activation key for MV, what do I do ;-;
buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diputus