dungeon lighting

Noel Deus

Desperado
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So i was thinking, is it possible to make some area in one map completly dark before the player reach that section of the map.

Like say, the character is in entrance of the dungeon, but there is a passageway to another area in that map, but if the player not yet visit that place, it will be dark.

sorry for bad english

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Noel Deus 'Game Mechanics Design' is for looking at aspects of game play at a more conceptual level. "How do I...?" questions belong in the Support forum for the engine you are using.

Unfortunately you have not included this information on your Profile Page, so I am unable to move this to the correct place. Please post to say which it is. You might also like to edit your Profile Page to include this info for the future.

Noel Deus

Desperado
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh sorry, i just signed up in the forum. And anyway, it is MV.
Thanks for the notice!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You will need something like a "Fog of War" plugin to do this, unless you want to do it with some very complex eventing.

[mod]Moving this to JS Plugin Requests[/mod]

Noel Deus

Desperado
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yeah, fog of war!
thanks, i didnt even knew that is what i looking for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ok... so working on the official game guide for my game and its more than 150 pages...... wow. Well, I hope it will help a few players out.
RPG Maker Games Critique with Studio Blue, Episode 12: Amneron's Legacy starts now! Watch on Youtube and join the chat as we explore the world of Ellis!
Lost track of a huge brazilian wandering spider inside my house. In other news, I'm moving again.

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brenadjnendad