boldpaste2

The Dragon Heretics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Congrats on the release ^^.

As for the most scariest thing I can possibly encounter in any of those 3 places. Slenderman...

R-Soul

Battle Sonata
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
What is the most terrifying thing you could encounter while exploring a dungeon, cave or your very own basement?

I know I'd be freaked out if I found corpses laying down, hanged on the ceiling of sticked to the walls. I would be petrified in fear if I saw such thing.

Mage Heart

Level 50 Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A spider. When is a spider not scary, big or small.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For me, what would probably be most scary would not be something I could see.  If I could see it, I could start thinking of ways of dealing with it.  What can be much more frightening are sounds, sounds where you're not sure of the direction they're coming from, and you're not sure what's making them, and you're not even totally sure that they are getting nearer to you or not, but sure as hell they are between you and the exit.

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Another contribution to scary things. A "Fun" pic for all the spider fobics out there:

Warning: I'm not liability for any destruction of PC Screens if you try to smash them ;) (really the pic s not for everyone, it's only spiders but loads of them)

spider mother with "cute" childs

Last edited by a moderator:

romoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
Well I am really afraid of ghosts so that is probably one... Or just a random murderer is scary enough the schit my pants through and fly to nopeville

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As a DnD DM, I know of many things that one could encounter in a dungeon or the dark places of the world. However, the one thing that scares me most is a creature from the Pathfinder RPG books. It is called an Attic Whisperer. They are created from the death of a lonely or neglected child's death and resembles a gray, emaciated child, with cobwebs and dust for clothes and a fox skull for a head. This things hide in homes for days, weeks, months, years....completely undetected by the people that live there. The coming of a new child, though, rekindles some hope in the creature, its animating spirits motivated by loneliness, and ever seeking comfort and companionship. Once an attic whisperer finds a potential playmate, it does all it can to ensure it will never be lonely again by attempting to lure its friend to it, singing nursery rhymes, leaving trails of old toys, or calling out in the stolen voices of other children. Yeah, you read that last part right. This thing will kill it's new playmate and steal their voice, that way it wont be lonely ever again.

Chaneque

Prince of Strange Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't have a basement, thank God, but if I did, I would be scared of an apparition. Like, a transparent person - it would be creepy if it was a tall, large ominous guy (aka Slenderman) but any kind of apparition in the basement would be creepy. I'd never sleep again, lol.

Takuto

Spriter, Fancy Suit Wearer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just posted to say I liked the Sewer song the best. It really felt like you were in a damp, dank place. Good job.

ZetsubowSenpai

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Great job on the Music!!

I'll join you guys on this =D

Going to the basement, hearing rustling sounds in the dark, seeing spiders and other crawling insects, a mouse lying on the ground, twitching, opened up brutally, and then I suddenly see at the corner of the wall, the glowing eyes of a pale skinned human girl, who was all this time living in between the walls, hiding and creeping about, always watching. Blinded by the dark unable to be under the sunlight. Scared and defensive, one glimpse at her and she would jump on you and bite your neck of with her rot unkept teeth. XD

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Need less spiders/bugs, need more dark clones and evil lobsters.
Well, lobsters are the "cockroaches of the sea," so the evil lobsters can get other people's phobias all at once.  Maximum terror through maximum efficiency.

Why does that sound like something an Evil Overlord would write...

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
The scariest thing would be that the door that goes back upstairs turns into a giant razor toothed mouth waiting for you to go back upstairs..LOL!

upanddown

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My greatest fear is complete darkness, so probably everything exactly as it is would be enough to scare me. Great job on the music! :D

Seraph

Neglected TSF Pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome music pack Scythuz ^^.

For my giveaway entry:

Imagine this...

You descend further through the damp and musky corridor. The area around you is pitch black save for the small patch of light emitting from your dying torch. You come to an entryway and pause for a moment. The dark path in front of you sends a chill down your spine and your gut screams at you to ascend back up. Yet you reason that the chance of untold riches out weigh the risks and you bury that preservation instinct deep. Continuing down the corridor you come across what appears to be an enormous room, it emits a massive aura of death and the chill creeps down your spine again. Swallowing the uneasy feeling you enter the room, by the time you enter the center of the room something scurries just out of your lighted area.

Taking you off guard you leap back and drop your torch causing it to sputter out. Regaining your composure your teach the ember lit torch and hear rapid thumping, in fear you pause and raise your assault rifle. You hear more noises and fire several rounds, none of the rounds hit but the light allows you to briefly see what you're up against - it's a giant insect. Desperately you reach for your lighter as the noises grow closer, just in time the torch ignites and briefly scares away the creature, problem is there is more than one. Not allowing you rest the creatures leap out from the darkness. In response you fire off more rounds from your rifle each and every round hits - yet the creatures are unscathed. The bullets ricochet off the creature's exoskeleton and the surrounding walls.

You eject your weapon's magazine and load in a topped off magazine and raise the torch and try to peer into the darkness. As one of the creatures peak slowly into the light you clearly see it - it's a giant spider. It's sickly, lightly, hairy legs creep further in revealing its eight hideous beady black eyes, saliva oozing from the spider's mouth. You take a step back and hear a cracking noise and looking down you notice you've stepped on a skull. Looking around more clearly you begin to see the remains of adventurers and warriors that once explored the dungeon. In horror you scream as you back up slowly, firing wildly at the beast as they slowly begin to encroach on your position. Before you notice you've found yourself tangled in thick webbing that even your torch is unable to burn away - they've backed you into a corner. In it you find several mangled bodies of former adventurers, panicked you throw down the torch to try and frighten them to no avail. In your panicked state you fail to notice a pair of mandibles wrap around your body and by the time you notice it's too late.

Several hours later you wake up wrapped in thick webbing, yet something awkward is happening in the small cocoon. You begin to feel something crawling inside you abdomen, followed by sharp pain. It feels like something is tearing its way out of you, the pain is excruciating. Finally it pushes itself from out of your abdomen, you scream as the bloodied spider exits and crawls towards your exposed face. The nightmare is far from over, more and more of these baby spiders begin to climb out from your now exposed rib cage. With each newborn comes a new set of bites and digestive acid, melting you down into a soup. As you close your eyes one last time you think - why didn't I stay home...

TL;DR

Most terrifying encounter in a dungeon is giant spiders with a bullet proof exoskeletons, that capture their prey alive, plant eggs in them and then the newborns eat you alive...

Arkecia

Database Queen
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The most terrifying thing you could encounter while exploring a dungeon? To hear nothing except the "Drips" BGS droning on without something awesome to listen to.  Guaranteed!

I'm really digging the more sci-fi oriented tunes; one of my new favorites would probably be Alien Hive.

Typical Hero

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What is the most terrifying thing you could encounter while exploring a dungeon, cave or your very own basement?

Anything saying that oil companies are going to raise gas prices again.

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

A Evil Clown.

(Not kidding either, Clowns are terrifying.)

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Spiders... I hate spiders. They creep up on me even in daylight. In the dark, I freak out at every soft brush, thinking a spider is on me. More often than not it's just a breeze from the window or the fan blowing on me.

In games, it's always the spiders that get to me, especially in dark dungeons. In fact, the worst was Indra's Arum game (In Search of Dragons). That spider cave, talk about nightmares.

Sneakaboo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses

A dark dungeon where you're being hunted by a creature lurking in the water.

Often hearing a couple of splashes, seeing the ripples and then silence.

You know it's there, but you have no idea how it looks.

Only that it has made a couple of victims before in a horrifying way.

For a moment you hear a soft grunt and again nothing, just wait until you get to the darker areas...

That's why you should never look under your bed at night kids ^^.

Not getting scared easily in games  though the xenogears sewer monster creeped me out.

Ow not for the contest but just by looking at tropical run spiders I just turn pale.

Entered a room at a reptile breeder one time, wrong room.

About 100 of those spiders in small plastic boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm currently being attacked by the RPG Maker Hydra: fixing one problem only to have two more rise to take its place.
Hey you! Yeah YOU! Whatcha doin' not backing up your projects? You a masochist or sumthin'? GO BACK UP YOUR PROJECTS! Sheeesh... Didn't think I'd hafta spell it out for yas.
now I need to determine, how MV determines if an auto tile is complete or not.
Edit:From what I can tell it uses Autotile kinds to do that.
Edit 2: The editor determines it and packs picture data for the engine....
Finished with the ground work for my class system, using Ellye's Class Change Equipment and Yanfly's Class Change Core plugins to implement an equip based subclass feature!
Hi people! I was wondering... Here in Brazil, we have a whats app group for we talk about rpg maker and our projects. A more informal way for we meet each other. Is there any whats app group out there? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnuRavi