HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dungeon Rummage - Another Isekai?!
Content Warning: This game contains violence, suggestive themes and occasional strong language.

SECTION A: SYNOPSIS
Hi! I'm Harlekin, a solo Developer from germany, here to show people what i'm working on.

There are a few things i'm trying to accomplish by doing so:

• I want to improve my skills with RMMV.

• Make a solid and decently good RPG game.

• Find potential players for feedback, suggestions and other things.

• If possible, grow a fanbase.

• Release a finished product people can enjoy.

As for the game itself. It currently revolves around the main character being transported into another world (Isekai genre), having to delve down deep into the local dungeon to find his destiny.

The game draws inspiration from Kono Suba (Anime), Danmachi (Anime), Dungeon Dreams (Game) and other similar titles.

The Game currently features 15 Floors of the dungeon, various weapons, armors and items to craft, a fishing minigame along with a purchasable player house.

Planned are various features like:

A town building system. (Build various locations in wich the Player can participate in different acitivities.)

A Romance system. (Date various characters and eventually marry them.)

Keep in mind that this is somewhat of a beginner project. I am aware that there is and always will be a "better" way of doing things.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
Map028.png
II753c.png
fd1HCi.jpg

SECTION B: CHARACTERS
MC.png
The MC: Starts out as kind of a D*ck. As you progress through the game however your choices will decide if it stays this way.

Matt.png
Matt is your trusty Neighbourhood Mercenary. Guiding you through your first dive and further beyond if you can pay up.

Lyra.png
Lyra: The most innocent little Mage you'll ever meet.

Orc.png
Thaz'gar: Another Companion. Bloodthirsty, witty berserker who has no problem rivaling the MC in smack talk.

SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
  • The MC, who is your typical antisocial, game addicted, a**wipe, gets transfered to another World after trying to fend off a thug.
  • As he arrives in the Town of Echeia where the game takes place, he is promptly introduced to the Adventurers Guild where gets his Attributes determined. A quick tour around the small town gets him introduced to various locations like the local Inn and the Blacksmith where can craft items and gear if he provides the materials and gold for the service. The Carpenter's workshop is also interesting as the MC learns he can purchase and build various locations and buildings.
  • With the town expanded, more people will move into the town and provide their services.
  • As the MC ventures deeper into the Dungeon he meets new companions, friends and maybe even love interests. The deeper they go, the more questions there are. Is this this what life is like in this world? How deep does this dungeon go? Is there even a bottom floor? when there are godesses around, why does the dungeon exist in the first place? Is it wrong to pick up Girls in a Dungeon? Should i stop bother and just settle down with my beautiful wife and have kids instead?
  • The story as of now is not yet finished and it's hard to say how exactly it will unfold as the game is more of a simulation rather than linear story RPG.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I mostly just test a game to see how it looks, maps are good looking,
the rest I skip reading and find out :D

but a decent game? it probably wont end in the top 5 unless the game play
and story is really, really good :)

I play around and see what I can come by on bugs or improvements.

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hehe i do realize that. But a game doesn't need to be top 5 to be decent. This is my first real attempt at developing a game anyway so the most valuable thing i'm probably getting out of this is experience.
The goal is to make a game that's above the usual asset flips i come across. Might be a big goal but hey dream big amirite!?
Anyway thanks for taking the time to check it out :D

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
true, but everyone have their favorite in the community, but the 1st clance on the game,
starting on lv86, nicely done, but every word of " i " should be capital " I " and
i (me) is always capital I so far I know.

as for the chair, the player is ON the chair, so the back of it should be on the back
of the player to look more nicely.

but I'm also curious where this story goes, so I will see alot of i's instead of the capital,
so I will ignore that part. when I found some bugs or bugs/glitches, I let you know.
(I love breaking the game) so I can do alot of things what isn't possible though.

EDIT:
in space, when the goddes speaks, you have a godess (missing a "d",
I also notice, you misses alot of spaces after a period "." or "?"
which should be fixed so it reads better.
Also between words.

EDIT 2:
the chest in the guild with "alotta items" can be used constantly for unlimited amount
of gold gain, should be no items when interact, (it's open but can be repeated)
when leaving the map and come back, the chest is closed but you can get items again
as well.

EDIT 3:
Items on the ground when 99 can be still picket up, unless you want to waste the item
when you have max item of it. which is fine though :)

Last edited:

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
true, but everyone have their favorite in the community, but the 1st clance on the game,
starting on lv86, nicely done, but every word of " i " should be capital " I " and
i (me) is always capital I so far I know.

as for the chair, the player is ON the chair, so the back of it should be on the back
of the player to look more nicely.

but I'm also curious where this story goes, so I will see alot of i's instead of the capital,
so I will ignore that part. when I found some bugs or bugs/glitches, I let you know.
(I love breaking the game) so I can do alot of things what isn't possible though.

EDIT:
in space, when the goddes speaks, you have a godess (missing a "d",
I also notice, you misses alot of spaces after a period "." or "?"
which should be fixed so it reads better.
Also between words.

EDIT 2:
the chest in the guild with "alotta items" can be used constantly for unlimited amount
of gold gain, should be no items when interact, (it's open but can be repeated)
when leaving the map and come back, the chest is closed but you can get items again
as well.

EDIT 3:
Items on the ground when 99 can be still picket up, unless you want to waste the item
when you have max item of it. which is fine though :)
1. Thanks for breaking the game! :D Yeah i do realize i got alot of typos and grammar wrong. Sadly my written english isn't as good as my spoken. Dialogue in general will have to be proofread indeed.

2. The chest in the guild is purposefully placed like that. it's just a quick way to get stuff for testing. (so me and some playtesters don't have to obtain everything manually again and again) It was mentioned in my Devlog over on Itch and will be removed.

3. I actually haven't thought about the possibility of that. Will have to think about how to handle it. But i don't think you'll obtain max stacks of anything via normal play right now so it doesn't take much of a priority.

If that's everything you could break as of now i'm pretty proud of myself not gonna lie :D

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is not breaking the game, I hoped, the chest worked as normal, why getting
over 2 million gold when its still useless?

the fishing part is nice, some area is a bit dead because not finished yet, but
there need alot of minor changes.

the reason the chest just need to be normal is to see how the game and items
can be get and if its doable. getting alot is pointless unless you test it on your own
to check if its balanced.

breaking the game is through wall, and among other things.

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure i'm quite getting what you're saying here...

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I break games on many things that shouldn't suppose too, which I'm quit good at.
the chest should act as normal, and see what doable, like the following:

do you get enough crafting material for the profession?
if not, how long does the player need to grind?
do they respawn every now and than?

are the gold gain enough or to high or to low?

I can make a big list of this, while the demo is out, its nice, specially when you can lose
the fight when the story continues, make sure everything is correct in the demo, so there
is at least no cheating, that you can get over 51k from the very start which is lot.
I would rather keep it around 3-5k and not more, maybe 5 tiny, 3 medium, 1 large crystal
for a bit extra.

make sure the items are nicely balanced, some items dont have descriptions (yet).
and all the things.

the story is interesting and curious where it goes, but make it correct the demo is
better to play for everyone without much cheating.

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think you missunderstood. The chest is a developer chest. It is not supposed to give "normal players" free stuff. It is supposed to be used for testing out different mechanics. For example: The game gets an update and requires a fresh save game, the player can then use the chest to test if stuff is working. Like when you can buy a house now. Does the house purchase event work? Does everything in the house work? Stuff like that. So the Tester doesn't need to grind 4 hours to legitimately earn enough gold to buy the house just to test if it works.
Nonetheless i moved the chest to the guilds upstairs and added an explicit warning that it should only be used for testing and will unbalance normal gameplay.
The chest will also be removed once the game is more fleshed out.

So basically if you want to play normally don't use the chest at all. It is not made for normal gameplay.

On a side note:
I'm currently working on an update adding a bunch of new weapons, a new unlockable character and classes. I'm not sure yet for how long i should wait before posting an update here so i'm doing it now since i'm posting anyway.

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New update is up!

Fixed Blacksmith Recipes.

Added Thaz'gar - a new recruitable character. You can meet him in the dungeon floors 11-15.

Added 6 Tier 2 Classes.

Added new Weapons to the blacksmith.

Or check it out on Itch!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
warning on the chest is nice, but also a password that the dev's only know =)
but if there is a choice, continue? yes, no, than its perfect :)

I wont take the chest, but I see how far I can go :)
will report back (if you have discord, I can join it to report , PM discord link by than)

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes we do have a discord. You can find ther link on the Itch.io page as i'am not allowed to post it here :D

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
btw, the name box doesn't work, name is as <Harold> <Goddess> etc,
battle might be changed as well, probably the plugin is OFF, or some conflict in the code?

while the battler of the thug is changed too.

EDIT: discord is expired, so send on to my PM please :)

EDIT 2:
the hidden place on floor 1, if you go on the center and back, its black again, same
is true to make it visible, going out full stays visible, and going in black, you mae the
are a bit wrong there, which should be corrected :)

EDIT 3: Stairs missing on floor 3 (you cant go back there)
same is true for floor 4, might be others too, check those out though.

Last edited:

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
EDIT: Fixed.

EDIT 2: I'm aware that these events are a bit wonky right now.

EDIT 3: What do you mean there are stairs missing? You can't go back up the dungeon. You will need a windstone to teleport out of the dungeon.

I'm uploading a fix for the plugins right now.

Last edited:

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Small new update is out fixing some gamebreaking Bugs.

Fixed: "Class book" not working as intended.

Fixed: Elevator not showing the floors.

Fixed: Windstone being unusable when entering the dungeon via the elevator.

Fixed: Scout's Agility buff skill reducing AGI to 5% rather than buffing it by 5%

Anyone who entered the dungeon while this bug existed probably has to either make a fresh save file or at least die to get out of it.

Anyone who learned the scout's AGI buff might need a new save. (Please check your AGI stat.)

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
New Update is out!

Patchnotes:
Fixed - Thaz'gar still appearing as an enemy even after being defeated.
Fixed - Message telling you that you've picked up Common Wood when it was actually High quality Wood
Fixed - NPCs Reappearing on Save floors when you revisit them.
Fixed - Fire sound not stopping on Floor 10.
Fixed - Equipment not being unequipable.
Fixed - A shop having two identical Items for sale.
Fixed - Pesky Soldiers not letting your party members leave.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So far I am enjoying this! I really like the humor and the isekai tropes. :thumbsup-right:

In my playthrough, I've made it down to dungeon level 3 with Matt before I used a wind stone to leave. At that point I had run out of food to heal. Is there only 1 wind stone per dungeon level?

I chose to play as a Mage. I am level 4.

Concerns

There are a lot of spelling errors, which I see has been mentioned in other posts.

What does the karma meter do? I haven't seen an explanation for it.

So far the gold gain feels low compared to the prices of items. I earned 25 monster crystals, which got me 250 gold. I can then only buy 3 healing items. I feel like the amount of gold you receive per killing a monster is low considering how much HP you can lose by fighting. You have to kill 8 monsters to get 1 healing item. This may cause a point of no return in the future where your gold is spent faster than you can gain it and progress grinds to a halt.

The mage feels kind of weak by himself. Once his mana runs out, his damage drops through the floor. This is fine with other party members present and mana gaining items available, but if you are not in that situation, then it takes forever to kill anything. This then prolongs combat even further, causing you to take more and more damage. Since Mages have low HP, this is an issue that makes combat feel like a death sentence.

I'm not sure how I feel with Matt only being free for one run. His help was much needed as a Mage. Maybe if he started at a lower level and him being a permanent party member would be better.

Bugs

The Basic Wand can't seem to be used by the Mage.

The bottom part of the font is cut off if it's in the lower part of the text box.

Suggestions

Increase the amount of gold gained from monster crystals, or reduce prices.

Make Matt a permanent party member. This will help offset the Mage's inherent squishiness.

Lower the font size so it won't get cut off.

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So far I am enjoying this! I really like the humor and the isekai tropes. :thumbsup-right:

In my playthrough, I've made it down to dungeon level 3 with Matt before I used a wind stone to leave. At that point I had run out of food to heal. Is there only 1 wind stone per dungeon level?

I chose to play as a Mage. I am level 4.

Concerns

There are a lot of spelling errors, which I see has been mentioned in other posts.

What does the karma meter do? I haven't seen an explanation for it.

So far the gold gain feels low compared to the prices of items. I earned 25 monster crystals, which got me 250 gold. I can then only buy 3 healing items. I feel like the amount of gold you receive per killing a monster is low considering how much HP you can lose by fighting. You have to kill 8 monsters to get 1 healing item. This may cause a point of no return in the future where your gold is spent faster than you can gain it and progress grinds to a halt.

The mage feels kind of weak by himself. Once his mana runs out, his damage drops through the floor. This is fine with other party members present and mana gaining items available, but if you are not in that situation, then it takes forever to kill anything. This then prolongs combat even further, causing you to take more and more damage. Since Mages have low HP, this is an issue that makes combat feel like a death sentence.

I'm not sure how I feel with Matt only being free for one run. His help was much needed as a Mage. Maybe if he started at a lower level and him being a permanent party member would be better.

Bugs

The Basic Wand can't seem to be used by the Mage.

The bottom part of the font is cut off if it's in the lower part of the text box.

Suggestions

Increase the amount of gold gained from monster crystals, or reduce prices.

Make Matt a permanent party member. This will help offset the Mage's inherent squishiness.

Lower the font size so it won't get cut off.
Thanks for your feedback!
The Windstones, as with alot of things in the dungeon are randomized. Could be a pebble. Could be a Windstone. (Look for the twinkling tiles on the floor.)

As for gold, there are various ways of getting it. One as you already realized is killing monsters.(Stronger monsters will obviously have larger crystals too.)

However you can also sell all these materials aswell. You can go fishing and cook yourself some healing items aswell. Or you can buy raw meat and cook that up. Also the first 10 floors of the dungeon each have a hidden treasure room where you can find chests with a bunch of gold, provided you either got lockpicks from the blacksmith or have a scout with the Locksmith skill. (You can either check the walls or get a special necklace from the BS to find them.)
The mage class can also use a spellbook in combination with a wand ( Gotta check that bug you mentioned tho.) wich gives him heal and cure spells. The mage also has a passive skill for mana regeneration.

The Karma meter right now doesn't do anything and will be hidden in the next update until i'm done implementing the system. (forgot about that.) It is totally possible to be good enough friends with matt at some point in the future. (and if you're not being a D*ck of course)

As for the typos and grammar. Yes i am aware of these but other than fixing obvious spelling misstakes i can't really fix much of it. I didn't plan on studying english just for the sake of perfect grammar really. I'm also aware of the font being a bit too large right now. But that's easily fixable.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Evening creator of this expression, I have traveled through a recent blood portal of where I lived as a simple inner-city demon that ate the locals who were late on their cable bills during important sporting events. After destroying a bridge to heaven, I awoke in this strange mortal realm where laws are most passive and waifus are constantly harassing me at the tail.

The dark one has informed through scented candle wax poetry that your game is most murda. The employee of this coffee shop agrees as I puppeteer his severed head in agreement while me and the fellow acolytes drink the bones of the innocent in your honor.

Does thou require aid in this realm mortal? I shall enhance your gam mak through the arcane artistry this one has obtained well past its ten thousand hours of obtaining. Seek this one out if thou is ever in need of testing and repeated signals for this one shall allocate it to its little murdas who are most efficient in the play of telling people what to do due to their own lack of control in their own existence.

Good day human, and may your world become worthy of being a world.

Last edited:

HarlekinLehl

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Evening creator of this expression, I have traveled through a recent blood portal of where I lived as a simple inner-city demon that ate the locals who were late on their cable bills during important sporting events. After destroying a bridge to heaven, I awoke in this strange mortal realm where laws are most passive and waifus are constantly harassing me at the tail.

The dark one has informed through scented candle wax poetry that your game is most murda. The employee of this coffee shop agrees as I puppeteer his severed head in agreement while me and the fellow acolytes drink the bones of the innocent in your honor.

Does thou require aid in this realm mortal? I shall enhance your gam mak through the arcane artistry this one has obtained well past its ten thousand hours of obtaining. Seek this one out if thou is ever in need of testing and repeated signals for this one shall allocate it to its little murdas who are most efficient in the play of telling people what to do due to their own lack of control in their own existence.

Good day human, and may your world become worthy of being a world.
I suppose you can just report bugs, make suggestions and stuff like all the other people are doing? You can join the discord aswell if you wish. I have no idea what kind of help i would require other than perhaps proofreading the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr