Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello there, since i started using a tactical battle system on my project (courtesy of Lecode!) I began experimenting a bit with
different approachs to the system.
First i tried something like fire emblem, but now im interested in trying out something similar to Baldur's gate or Icewind dale.

So im sorry if this has been asked and solved before, but i want to know if it's possible to replace a standard formula with a dice rolling mechanic for skills/spells.

And also, im wondering about how to limit spells in the same way D&D does, so the player has to actually think a bit before using their skills instead of just spamming damage and healing non stop.

Any other idea to make the system closer to D&D is welcome aswell!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've made a few plugins that have a D&D flavor to them. I have many more planned, including a Vancian magic system, but it's going to take a while for me to complete all the ideas on my list. Here's what I have so far.

https://frogboymv.github.io

There's an older thread around here that compiled a list of plugins that can be used to make D&D inspired games as well. I don't know if anyone has replaced the entire battle formula system to simulate dice rolling, though. That would be quite the task (unless you're just looking for damage which can be done in the formula box).

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/dungeons-dragons-collection-thread-21mar16.54697/

Amarok

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frogboy thanks a lot for the info! im really looking forward for more of your work :) i also tried your skill check plugin and loved it, but right now doesn't seem to be compatible with my project (im using a ton of other plugins) i will keep trying to implement it though!

Also i think, since the tactical battle system already makes the combat a lot like D&D just having something like the vancian magic system would be enough for what i want. The rest would be tweaking the stats of everything to make it more similar.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Let me know of any compatibility issues you find. There shouldn't be many with my Talents plugin as it adds functionality as opposed to changing base functionality. I've updated the plugin so those issues may have already been resolved depending on what version you originally tried to work with.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This catgirl name is Elyune.
Her hobby is cooking and eating sweets. She's also an alchemist.

Cat_girl.jpg
catgirl-1.jpg
Raptor Revolt Demo 4_10_2021 3_12_09 PM.png

Latest custom tileset work for RAPTOR REVOLT in this beach scene set in the acheroraptor capital in Ridge City, Hell Creek.
unknown.png

I figured it was about time to update the battle sprite for one of my characters. The old one was the first time I ever drew a battle sprite, and filled with lines that shouldn't be there. So far, the new one is cleaner.
EQAQeW8.png

This was supposed to become her neutral talking stance, but now i just feel like she looks a little puzzled :D
I'm also open for any name suggestions, as i seriously suck at those. In my notes everything is just THE CITY or THAT GUY and THIS PRIESTESS or whatever :D
Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KurvyKirby