Not open for further replies.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im using DiamondPlatinum3's script Common Event: Menu Option...

http://diamondandplatinum3.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-scripts/rgss3-vxa/menu-scripts/common-event-menu-option/

And it's great. I creates a main menu option that you can call a common event from by selecting it in the menu. Very flexible! So I want to use it multiple times in the main menu. Once to create a world map common event (Which I've already done)

And a second instance creating a  menu command to call another script: Xail System's Records script: 

http://www.ultimateam.pl/printview.php?t=10142&start=0&sid=2e0d30aa993f0219d311959320c47d25

I have tried it and it works perfectly. But I can't have both because i get the "stack level too deep" error of course due to the same script being used twice.

My question is this, Is there a way to change a script slightly, copy then paste it into the script editor a second time and not have them conflict?

BD

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I would suggest Noting out the code first that is conflicting

Code:
# use the pound/number sign to note stuff out# use the pound/number sign to note stuff out# use the pound/number sign to note stuff out# if that don't work it is a lot easier to fix# than removing a lot of code

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sorry, hahaha... :guffaw:   Did I portray myself as understanding coding at all? I barely get by. I've given the error. And The scenario. What i need is a modification not directions that don't make sense to me. My hope is to leave the current version of Common Event Menu Option as is, and receive a modified version that won't appear to the system as a duplicated script so I can plug what I want into it... And even better, a list of what lines were modified and a small description of why so that maybe I can use it a third time without anyone else's help...

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This paste has been removed!

That's all I get when I click your first link.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
#=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=# Common Event: Menu Options# Author: DiamondandPlatinum3#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~# Description:## This script will allow you to put an option in the menu that will run a# common event if selected, it also has the option of being disabled with# an event switch.#~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~module DiamondandPlatinum3 module Common_Event_Menu_Option #======================================================= # Editable Region #======================================================= # Option Label : The Custom Text that will appear for your menu option # Event Switch ID : Only if this Event Switch is Activated will the option be enabled, # You may keep the option always enabled by setting this to zero, # Common Event ID : The Common Event to Call when this option is selected CUSTOM_OPTIONS = { # "Option Label" => [ Event Switch ID, Common Event ID ], "World Map" => [ 10, 2 ], "Party Chat" => [ 0, 12 ], # You can add more options above this line be sure it looks the same as the others } #======================================================= end # of Editable region #=======================================================end #==============================================================================# ** Window_MenuCommand#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# This command window appears on the menu screen.#============================================================================== class Window_MenuCommand < Window_Command #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Aliased Method: For Adding Original Commands #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias dp3_windowmenucommand_addoriginalcommands_134hfn add_original_commands #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def add_original_commands # Call Original Method dp3_windowmenucommand_addoriginalcommands_134hfn() DiamondandPlatinum3::Common_Event_Menu_Option::CUSTOM_OPTIONS.each_key do |label| switch_id = DiamondandPlatinum3::Common_Event_Menu_Option::CUSTOM_OPTIONS[label][0] enabled = (switch_id > 0) ? $game_switches[switch_id] : true add_command(label, label.to_sym, enabled) end endend #==============================================================================# ** Scene_Menu#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# This class performs the menu screen processing.#============================================================================== class Scene_Menu < Scene_MenuBase #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Create Command Window #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- alias dp3_scenemenu_createcommandwindow_134hfn create_command_window #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def create_command_window # Run Original Method dp3_scenemenu_createcommandwindow_134hfn() DiamondandPlatinum3::Common_Event_Menu_Option::CUSTOM_OPTIONS.each_key do |label| @command_window.set_handler(label.to_sym, method:)dp3_common_event_menu_option)) end end #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * New Method: Common Event Menu Option #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def dp3_common_event_menu_option key = @command_window.current_symbol.to_s $game_temp.reserve_common_event( DiamondandPlatinum3::Common_Event_Menu_Option::CUSTOM_OPTIONS[key][1] ) SceneManager.call(Scene_Map) endend
One script, multiple menu options now. Should be straight forward I hope.

The paste is still there Shaz, don't know why you got that error :/

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome thanks DP3!! Can I ask you something? I've set up all the variables for the records. But things like gold etc I can't figure out how i make change globally. In a treasure chest i could change the variable manually but what about in level ups or battle victories. Help me out with a few of em?  BD

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I'm a little confused, you want 2 menu buttons, one going to a common event and one going to a script call. Why don't you just use the built in functionality of the script as it allows multiple menu buttons and add a script call on the common event for the second script... It would require little to no programming knowledge and wouldn't require you to attempt to duplicate the script at all.

Or have I misunderstood what you are saying?

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The main issue ahs been addressed by the scripter. They modified the script so the editable region allows for multiple instances of the script in the menu. 

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So can this be closed again? You asked for it to be reopened, but you never came back and said what the issue was. IS there still and issue, or is it working now?

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well i asked a question that still isnt answered by DP3. After the topic was closed I Pm'd DP3 but got no response. So im not sure if it should be closed or not... It takes up the same amount of space on the server closed or opened yes?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, you asked for the topic to be reopened, which means you needed to ask for more help. No point in reopening the topic if you're just going to PM someone for help.

The point of keeping it open or closing it has nothing to do with space on the server. It is to indicate to others that you do or do not need further assistance, as indicated by DarrellLeon's attempt to help. If you don't require more help, we'll lock it, so people don't spend their time reading through, researching, and offering solutions when you won't use them.

Do you need more help, or not?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome thanks DP3!! Can I ask you something? I've set up all the variables for the records. But things like gold etc I can't figure out how i make change globally. In a treasure chest i could change the variable manually but what about in level ups or battle victories. Help me out with a few of em?  BD
I don't understand the question.
It also sounds like an eventing issue instead of a script issue.

Laptopdancer

Gaymerz Rock!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dp3 if i may speak with you through the PM i sent you this topic can be closed. Thanks Shaz.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, but please don't ask for it to be reopened again, unless you actually plan to ASK the question you need help with, so others can assist you as well.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I finished setting up my new desk and apparently she thinks this is where she goes now.

20210411_082331.jpg
not me baking a pie because i was inspired by celeste
Doing RPG Maker News for 10th April, 2021. :LZScheeze: (Improving on the thumbnails, by using assets from the day's news.)
Just discovering the forum.
Since Final Fantasy VII has been trending today, decided to make a series of my favorite bars in the OG game! Check it out:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
venxarmy