Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all,

I've been developing a game called "Durandal". The gameplay can be compared to a Final Fantasy game like FF5. There is a class and subclass system and each character can change classes and subclasses anytime they are not in a cut-scene or battle (provided they have unlocked the class system after defeating the first major boss, the Baynetti Guardian).

Please note that this is still highly in development, but there is at least 7 hours of solid content (probably many more hours than that for many)

The following classes and subclasses are currently available in this version of the game:

Start with or unlock from the first boss
Knight - On map skill of slash to destroy bushes (requires the defeat of the 3rd boss and has not been fully implemented yet) Press S to use
Monk - On map skill of smash to destroy rocks (Only Rubin can use this skill)
White Mage
Black Mage - On map nukes skill
Red Mage - On map nukes skill
Thief - On map skill of picking locked doors
Paladin - exclusive to the main character - On map skill of slash to destroy bushes (requires the defeat of the 3rd boss and has not been fully implemented yet) Press S to use

Medium/Advanced Classes
Dragoon: Requires Lvl 15 White Mage and Lvl 15 Knight - On Map skill of JUMP (must have defeated the 2nd guardian) Press J to Jump
Baby Wyvern-Summonable by Dragoon in battle (planning on adding more wyverns in the future)
Blue Mage: Requires Lvl 10 White Mage, Lvl 10 Black Mage, Lvl 10 Red Mage
Ninja: Requires Lvl 20 Monk and Lvl 20 Thief - This class has not been thoroughly tested yet as it unlikely you will unlock this class in the demo unless you are grinding for many levels - Will have the skill of going invisible on the map later in the game
Samurai: Requires Lvl 20 Knight and Lvl 20 Monk - This class has not been thoroughly tested yet as it unlikely you will unlock this class in the demo unless you are grinding for many levels

Durandal_screenshot5.png

sz2biq1o4wwc6b1zg.jpg

I plan on adding many more classes in addition to these.

Magic and Abilities
The way you learn magic and abilities is through a JP system. You spend JP on things you would like to learn. Each class has a unique set of abilities.

Durandal_screenshot3.png

bi186rmnqgaa7l1zg.jpg

esedc777lod3443zg.jpg

Unleash Power
There is a shared party meter in the battle system. For each member of the party, the total point capacity is extended by 1. Each class has a unique unleash power ability that vary in how many unleash power points are needed in order to be used. Each ability is potentially very powerful, though-some more than others. Chances are you will need these special abilities in order to win some of the boss fights.

Battle System
The battle system as a whole is definitely very strategic. You cannot simply attack and expect to win battles. Not only are there elemental weaknesses/strengths and positive/negative status effects, there are tanking abilities and unleash power abilities that will need to be used in order to succeed in this game.

93dv9mat5g8a0mtzg.jpg

Durandal_screenshot1.png

Puzzles
Towards the end of the demo, I have added a few puzzles. As I continue to develop this game and add things such as a grappling hook and bomb and detonator (which I am currently in the process of developing) I will also continue to add more puzzles.

nd86act8g2a48x5zg.jpg

Durandal_screenshot2.png

Story
The demo provides a brief look into the story and the mysteries around the sword "Durandal" but does not go super deep into it. I plan on updating some of the dialogue and adding flashbacks which the demo currently skips over.

Durandal_screenshot4.png

h7w497h10g5i19lzg.jpg

Durandal_screenshot6.png

DOWNLOAD LINKS
WINDOWS: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3dtd08jt0nhxpsd/Durandal.zip
MAC:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nspm8k946sg2znk/Mac_Output.zip

Thanks for trying out my demo and please let me know what you think!

Please note that Elinicia's Dragoon images have not been formatted yet and it is suggested not to unlock her Dragoon character at this time.

Special thanks to Yanfly and sumrndmdde

Last edited:

Maldra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are some video clips of some on map abilities I have added to the game. Please note that only the slash attack is currently available in the demo.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi everyone! Enjoying this nice long weekend. How are you all doing? :)
I just successfully tested having events check if specific actors are in a particular party slot and then changing image to match. This will let me make scenes take into account who is in the party at the time and arrange them accordingly - this is important since I'll have extra actors beyond current party. The script used is the same from MV and is compatible with my current core plugin setup in MZ. Thank goodness.
That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrashWizard