Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone

Today I wanted to share a little freebie with everyone I recently developed for my own game Numina. I had this one map that used an ocean parallax background and it all looked very cool in the map editor:
1655800110607.png

But when playtesting the background was all off. You couldn't see the ocean and didn't create the perspective I wanted it to have:
1655800155668.png

So I wrote a little Plugin that allows you to offset the starting Y position of the background (Y-origin) by a fixed number you can set in the map's notetags like this:
1655800244918.png

And voila!
1655800267190.png
The background is still parallaxing, meaning it scrolls a bit when you move up and down the map. Just it's starting position has been offset by 300 pixel in this case.

I'm not sure how many of you ever had a similar thing come up it does come up sometimes for me so I wanted to share this little Plugin with all of you:

Download the Plugin now!

You don't need to credit me, but if you have a bit of time and are looking for a new game to play please consider giving Numina a shot! (link) There's a free demo out right now and Part 1 releases in less than 2 weeks!

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it sounds like a usefull plugin, but to see the image before, after and
after notetag, the cloud with the notetag bottom seems to cut off.

but in most situation, it can come in handy, specially if you can set
the X position as well in rare situation.

where you are indoors for exsample and what a specific spot to be
visible.

as slimmemeiske2 said, the link you used dont work, as the file is deleted?

Dust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I accidentally moved the file. The link is working again

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uOy9Wjc.png

Something something.
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BagOfAnts