Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

MainCapsuleimg.png

SYNOPSIS
DW is an adventure/RPG game set in a colorful world made up of drawings. You play as Jake, a human teenager who finds himself trapped in this world. Unfortunately for him, the people there don't take kindly to humans. Armed only with a mysterious paint brush capable of unique powers, you must find a way to escape from this world while avoiding the police through the use of disguises. Gameplay leans heavily into adventure game territory, with emphasis on completing side quests and interacting with NPCs. Side quests are unique and varied, ranging from things like running a store to fighting gang members. Rather than grind through fighting, you gain levels by completing these side quests. The battle system is decision-based, requiring you to use a revolving suite of tools, tricks, and abilities to get the upper hand on foes. Abilities change based on what disguise Jake is wearing in any particular chapter. There are six chapters overall, and the game is very story-centric. Each chapter has you exploring a different locale. There's also a post-game developer commentary mode.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
ScreenshotTwo.png
ScreenshotOne.png
ScreenshotFive.PNG

CHARACTERS
  • Jake - A human boy who awakens in a world of drawings. Quick on his feet and not afraid to cause a little chaos if it benefits him.
  • Bill - The DAPD's deadly serious officer, and the one in charge of hunting Jake down.
  • Scoop - A journalist who frequently partners up with Bill. Has a kind heart and surprising knack for detective work.
  • O'Kendall - DAPD's chief of police, and the one who organizes the hunt for Jake.
  • El-Weirdo - A mysterious masked man who likes fire a little too much.
  • Leon - A private investigator with a mean streak. Not aligned with the DAPD, and seems to have his own agenda.

SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
  • DW takes place in... well, DW. It's a world of drawings, and weirdly mirrors real life in many ways. While the game takes place in only one of DW's three major countries (Drawing America), it's home to a lot of weird and colorful locales, from a bustling city to a town modeled after the Wild West. Drawing America enforces rule of law through its extensive police network, which works side by side with the Drawing America Military (DAM) to hunt down any and all threats to society. Unfortunately for Jake, that includes human beings.

CHECK IT OUT ON STEAM!
DW Steam Page! Feel free to wishlist it if you're interested :D It means so much to me.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fact all the tiles are quite literally re-drawn and simplified, and thats the point of the setting, is charming in a way.

DagJakeTanner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The fact all the tiles are quite literally re-drawn and simplified, and thats the point of the setting, is charming in a way.
That's what I was going for! Wanted to make it feel like it was a world straight out of someone's doodles :) Thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm completely missing on this site :kaodes: How's everybody doing lately?
3dlm3XK.jpg
I'm looking at/working through a simple game tutorial. Town, dungeon, boss; town, dungeon, boss; etc. (Thanks, Yanfly!) I'm itching to make something complex but experience (and past disappointment!) tell me to go slow and learn.

Rome certainly wasn't built in a day. 〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
SF_People1_2 added!
index.php

Ami
--- Minimum Requirement ---

M.Knight: Phew...finally,i got the New Game. Let's check the Requirement
"Minimum Requirement:
  • 2.00 Ghz CPU
  • Full HD Support GPU
  • 5GB Memory"
M.Knight: I just have decent Gaming PC,i can play 2010-2015 Games. Hope it's okay
(1 Hour Later,The Game FPS Just Got 10-20)
M.Knight: (Facepalm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavemanredorder3444