xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because who doesn't like cool boss fights right??? Anyways, I have 8 NPCs strewn across my map that trigger boss fights when you interreact with them. One day I got creative and decided to add a theme that plays when you talk to the NPC to trigger the boss fight and I even added choices for the event. (Yes, No. etc.) The issue is when the protag selects No and the boss fight isn't triggered the theme music doesn't stop playing for that said NPC... Also something else I'm rather concerned about is when the protag defeats the boss how do I get the NPC for that boss to disappear like for example in Pokemon after you catch or defeat the legendary it disappears forever? Or like in Zelda after you defeat the boss a portal appears? I have so many questions about bosses because I love boss fights and I want the ones that I create to be dynamic as possible.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In cases like this, it's always a good idea to include a screenshot of your event (the ENTIRE event page - don't crop out the window title, tabs, conditions, triggers ...). Someone is bound to ask for it at some point and including it with your first post will just save time.

If you do a Play BGM to play your theme, then you would need to do another Play BGM to play the regular map theme. This could be at the end of your event, after all the choices.

If you want to get rid of the NPC after a boss fight, simply turn on a self switch after the Battle Processing command, then add a new page that's conditioned by that self switch with everything else on the page left as default. You should change the BGM back before turning on the self switch, otherwise it won't happen.

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In cases like this, it's always a good idea to include a screenshot of your event (the ENTIRE event page - don't crop out the window title, tabs, conditions, triggers ...). Someone is bound to ask for it at some point and including it with your first post will just save time.

If you do a Play BGM to play your theme, then you would need to do another Play BGM to play the regular map theme. This could be at the end of your event, after all the choices.

If you want to get rid of the NPC after a boss fight, simply turn on a self switch after the Battle Processing command, then add a new page that's conditioned by that self switch with everything else on the page left as default. You should change the BGM back before turning on the self switch, otherwise it won't happen.
I was trying to include the event page but the file is too large and it won't let me upload it. Is there some way I can scale it down?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Save it as a .png file, not a .bmp

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having issues getting the image on here so I'll just type it here and keep it short.

* Play BGM : SNES-Event05_ loop (90, 100, 0)
Text : Stuff
:
:
*Show Choices : Yes, No
: When Yes
* Text : Stuff
:

*Change Battle Back : SF_Metal2 & Lava
*Change Battle BGM : 03_ Battle_to_the Max (90, 100, 0)
*Play BGM : 03_Battle_to_the Max (90, 100, 0)
*Battle Processing : Fire Archgoyle
:When No
: Text: Stuff

: End

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I... decided to add a theme that plays when you talk to the NPC to trigger the boss fight and I even added choices for the event. (Yes, No. etc.) The issue is when the protag selects No and the boss fight isn't triggered the theme music doesn't stop playing for that said NPC
Because there's nothing in your No branch that would make it stop. You do change the BGM again in your Yes branch, just before you activate the battle, and I don't know what the point of that is.
when the protag defeats the boss how do I get the NPC for that boss to disappear
Have you done some tutorials for MV? There's one built into the engine, and there are a bunch of series on YouTube. All of them cover how to use pages on events, because it's very basic functionality.

In your event, after the Battle Processing add an event command to set self-switch A on.

Then make a new page on the event, leave it completely blank, and on the upper left Conditions area select self-switch A is on.

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Because there's nothing in your No branch that would make it stop. You do change the BGM again in your Yes branch, just before you activate the battle, and I don't know what the point of that is.

Have you done some tutorials for MV? There's one built into the engine, and there are a bunch of series on YouTube. All of them cover how to use pages on events, because it's very basic functionality.

In your event, after the Battle Processing add an event command to set self-switch A on.

Then make a new page on the event, leave it completely blank, and on the upper left Conditions area select self-switch A is on.
Thanks for the information. I have watched a few tutorials but i don’t think that was covered in the ones I watched. Is there a better RPG Maker tutorial that I can watch on YouTube?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a better RPG Maker tutorial that I can watch on YouTube?
Better than what? How could anyone answer that without knowing what you've done? :guffaw:

If you search YouTube for "RPG Maker MV tutorial" you should find a bunch...I'm a personal fan of Echo607, but there's SumRndmDde, Driftwood Gaming, others. I found the tutorial in MV was the best way to learn how to use everything, because a lot of the other people's tutorials are on specific concepts, often more advanced than the basics.

But here's an example:

xXHughezXx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Better than what? How could anyone answer that without knowing what you've done? :guffaw:

If you search YouTube for "RPG Maker MV tutorial" you should find a bunch...I'm a personal fan of Echo607, but there's SumRndmDde, Driftwood Gaming, others. I found the tutorial in MV was the best way to learn how to use everything, because a lot of the other people's tutorials are on specific concepts, often more advanced than the basics.

But here's an example:
I’ll give that a watch. I spent some time with it today and got some stuff done. I definitely need to figure how to get these images on here of what I’m working with to show you. I did convert the image to the right format but it wouldn’t post for some reason.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slimakiswinka