RMMV Dynamic Entries

JMsoup

New guy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
This is mostly regarding the use of Yanfly's Action Sequences to make what he calls 'Dynamic Entry', a short cutscene played in the battle scene before a fight starts.

Currently I have one where each actor has a 2 simple unique actions (posing, jumping etc) that are random chosen before each battle, which takes around 3s per battle.

What do you think of using Dynamic Entries for the following:

1) In normal battles: How long a entry cutscene would you tolerate assuming an encounter happens roughly every 30s to 1min in the field?

2) In boss fights for dramatic effect: Would a longer (10s or so) entry be too draggy?

marocube

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Encounters every 30-60 seconds seems a bit much imo, but I guess doable. If that's the case I'd prefer no cutscenes at all - if it's something like a minor animation in the battle scene itself, I could live with it.

10 seconds is......also pretty long, tbh. Although that depends on the fight itself. It would get annoying if you kept losing and having to refight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I had lots of fun! Kids loved me, and some took pictures. Unfortunately, the videos didn't send... but you'll see Chica in action when I do a trailer for Fandom Scouts!
Dama wrote on akoniti's profile.
Hi
Thanks for your review.
I was checking the trailer for details and as the woman shut the door at the exact moment the song I was hearing said "you slim the door" and I couldn't resist to add it there. :D And I used this idea one more time on another scene.
Just doing some tileset tinkering again...
rux
Someone please help me make my game.
I need someone to volunteer, I am on my knees man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brandini503