Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm looking for a plugin that would allow me to set how much experience is gained depending on the level of character.

Example:
I want to have a monster that gives more experience when player is below 10th level and less experience when player is above 15th level.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think such a plugin exist yet, because two-dimensional scaling of levels is difficult to balance (which is why most games go with fixed exp on monsters and change the required exp for the next level of the player).

One way to technically handle it would be to give all enemies an eval-type notetag that contains a formula for calculating the exp for killing that enemy based with other variables.
but even that will require more info than you gave.

what level would count if there are multiple actors with different levels? average party level, level of the actor dealing the death blow, or what?

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't think such a plugin exist yet, because two-dimensional scaling of levels is difficult to balance (which is why most games go with fixed exp on monsters and change the required exp for the next level of the player).

One way to technically handle it would be to give all enemies an eval-type notetag that contains a formula for calculating the exp for killing that enemy based with other variables.
but even that will require more info than you gave.

what level would count if there are multiple actors with different levels? average party level, level of the actor dealing the death blow, or what?

I think the best outcome would be if each actor could get exp based on their own level, though the average level would be okay as well.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
I believe you can achieve this, or something very similar, with my plugin:
Eli Exp By Level

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In theory this plugin wouldn't be difficult to write; you'd just have to overwrite the function that allocates troop exp to take the actor level into account. That seems a bit overkill if it's just one monster you want to have this effect, though.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tiamat-86 wrote on Andar's profile.
tfw just trying to help and get yelled at. /comfort
:LZSooo: Gotcha Gotcha Games... have launched an official discord server for RPG Maker. :LZSooo:

doodled a poring today :kaoluv:
uc
Fire-Emblem Style Level Up System, Boost on Class Change, And Animated Arrows | RPG Maker News #115

Why keyboards don't sleep? Because they have two shifts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuza_re