Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Dynamic Faces

Introduction

Usually you write your Messages like this (the Show Text Option):

We see that we can write the characters name dynamically by writing \N[1]. What is still static? The picture!

This is where this plugin comes into play.

If you use this plugin and you choose on of the actor pictures like these:

the picture in the messagebox will transform the picture of the first actor.

In my case it would be the picture of Rob.

It is like the message functions  \N[1] (To Show Actors1 Name)  but with Message-Faces.

Video

Installation-Guide

http://gamedev-tutorials.de/dynamic-faces-dynamische-gesichter/

Download

Credit and Thanks
- Gamedev-Tutorials
You can use and edit this plugin as you want. This plugin is open for non commercial and commercial use. Just give me a little credit =) 

Last edited by a moderator:

Noobk

Boo-Boo'Da'Foo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It might be me but I'm having issues with the sound for that particular video. I double checked another YouTube video and sound worked fine. Then I double checked with another one of your videos and the sound worked. I'm on the learning curve with RPG Maker right now so I have been soaking up all the videos I can, I plan on checking some of you're other stuff later!

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
It might be me but I'm having issues with the sound for that particular video. I double checked another YouTube video and sound worked fine. Then I double checked with another one of your videos and the sound worked. I'm on the learning curve with RPG Maker right now so I have been soaking up all the videos I can, I plan on checking some of you're other stuff later!
Hey Noobk,

this Video has not much sound. In this video im just showing off the plugin and how to use it.

Do you need additional information about this plugin?

My current tutorials are in german language, but i will translate these into english later. But enough off-topic :D

Do you need any help? 

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't understand what the plugin is doing. I guess it's like Tsukihimes placeholder plugin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
I don't understand what the plugin is doing. I guess it's like Tsukihimes placeholder plugin.
Damn! It really is nearly the same. Just in another way. My plugin does not use single images but an image set. So you just need one image in your folder for this :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RivaHakushia