Dynamic Language Change

SamuelDivinium

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Hello everyone,

I made a plugin for MV where you can change every system text (menu names, item names, hero descriptions, skill names, battle texts, etc. NOT show messages) in your game in runtime so making multilingual games is not impossible now. This is my first plugin ever so there can be errors/bugs or some other things that more experienced plugin makers could do more easily than me, so please be patient, I'll do my best to update my plugin if necessary.

Every important info about my plugin can be found here: 

https://gitlab.com/SamuelDivinium/rpgmakermv-languagechange-plugin

as well as a downloadable project sample which you can open in MV, and various packages for you to just copy in and be ready to work with.

If you are curious how this plugin works here is an online demo (nothing fancy): http://rpfactory.net/LanguageChangePlugin/index.html

If you have any question or you want to report a bug you can do it here in this topic, but before you do that please look at the "Known bugs" section on GitLab, maybe I'm aware of that bug already. If you just want to share experiences about this plugin you can do it here freely as well.

About licensing:

These plugins are under CC BY-SA license. Basically you have to give me appropriate credits in your game if you use my plugins, but you can use it in non-commercial and commercial games without restriction. Also I would like to get a free copy of your game if you finished it, but it's not a must  :)

For more information about CC BY-SA: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/
~ Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
OMG! I was waiting for something like this!

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
i try opening online demo and got this error:

Error
Failed to load: img/tilesets/World_C.png

SamuelDivinium

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
i try opening online demo and got this error:

Error

Failed to load: img/tilesets/World_C.png
Hm, that's odd, I tested it in Chrome/FF and works for me. What browser/os do you use?

Now, these are a lot of plugins and parameters o_O

Wouldn't it be easier to use JSON files, instead, like i did? http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/49016-iavra-localization/
I wanted to completely eliminate the need for an external text editor and possible typing errors, and only use the Maker's built-in plugin manager to give my plugins parameters. Hence the different versions of the plugins with different lengths.

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I noticed it doesn't export the show text parts. I would like such a function, because if someone offered to translate a game for you, you don't need to give him the entire project, also he doesn't need to own RPG Maker MV, he can use batch processing for sentences which are the same, you don't need to use a thousands of conditional branches in your project and an external file would be easier to translate and so on. Guess, I will need to wait longer until such a plugin, or functionality will pop up.   

SamuelDivinium

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
I noticed it doesn't export the show text parts. I would like such a function, because if someone offered to translate a game for you, you don't need to give him the entire project, also he doesn't need to own RPG Maker MV, he can use batch processing for sentences which are the same, you don't need to use a thousands of conditional branches in your project and an external file would be easier to translate and so on. Guess, I will need to wait longer until such a plugin, or functionality will pop up.   
That's true, this plugin just replaces the system texts, for show texts I use conditional branches. But what I understand of Iavra's plugin, that is what you need for show text localization. 

I just wanted to make an easy way to replace system text without any experience in Javascript programming. 

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I don't export show texts, too, but you can load localized entries via \:[yourKeyHere]. That said, the plugin is far from perfect (hence it never left "In Development") and i plan to remake it at some point.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I use firefox. My os windows 7 64bit

Lucie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (Irish)
Primarily Uses
I know this is a pretty dead topic but can anyone tell me how I actually get the JSON files i need to translate the system text?

Lucie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (Irish)
Primarily Uses
I don't mean the database json files that are in the installation folder with some other stuff you'd never know was there unless you actually went to the folder, I mean the actual language files I need to get Iavra's plugin to work 
my phone was being stupid so this message is a bit of a mess sorry 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
@Lucie I think you misunderstand me. I said your game's data folder not the installation folder.

Lucie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (Irish)
Primarily Uses
@Lucie I think you misunderstand me. I said your game's data folder not the installation folder.
I know, anyway, the actual question was, how do I go about getting a locale json file so Iavra's plugin can work the way it's meant to, because there's a project I have and the whole translation is in one json file in the root directory rather than a bunch of database files in the data folder

Edit: That project is someone else's in case you are confused 

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I know, anyway, the actual question was, how do I go about getting a locale json file so Iavra's plugin can work the way it's meant to, because there's a project I have and the whole translation is in one json file in the root directory rather than a bunch of database files in the data folder

I'm just surprised you said installation folder which meant the root folder of RPG Maker MV. Also, this is another person's localization thread. Shouldn't you ask here? 

Lucie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (Irish)
Primarily Uses
I'm just surprised you said installation folder which meant the root folder of RPG Maker MV. Also, this is another person's localization thread. Shouldn't you ask here? 
It's a closed topic 

LanceRPG

A Lazy Beggar
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The demo looks nice enough , it has the function, and that is what game developers need. But why is it online , how to download the demo to check the settings , and is there any instructions about how to setup this plugin?
There are so many files in the provided link....

Johan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

I just wonder how to add more than 2 languages in this plugin?

Core plugin has only 2: English and Hungarian (and the other 3 --> "-Not Implemented Yet-").
Does that mean this plugin only have support for 2 language? :(

Did try to create 1 and named it "test1", and used switched 4 (after Hungarian switch),
but that didn't even work.

This is how I did it so far but no success;

1. Added "test1" on the core plugin list after Hungarian and used switch 4.
2. Edit system.js file and added on line #261 (Game End) ;
* @param Command Game End Language3
* @Default Test1
* @desc 'Game End' in Language 3. Default: Game End
(Language 3 = test1 that I did add on core plugin list after Hungarian)
(Did replaced Game End to Test1 here)
3. Open system plugin in plugin manager and find Game End to be sure that Test1 was there, and it was.
4. Did create new event like on demo map --> ChangeLanguageTo 3 (In this case would mean Test1 language)
5. Test play the game, but nothing happens... Only Language 1 and 2 works...
6. Did open debug to see if switch 4 was on, but it wasn't, in another word, only 1 and 2 works :(
.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Would be nice if all 5 (or 5-10) was added in English mode so you can easily change the word and use plugin command.
Did open all JavaScript and it was only coded by LANG1 and 2 sadly :(

Can some1 write with a line I have to change to get to work, please? (A)
I'm a bad programmer, but I'm good to change none-script on javascript file like above (Test1).
Did even added 3 languages and translate ALL menu options (only that so far)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!
Gotta save this for my next thread later...
Finsh all of the walking dead game in a week, such an amazing emotional trip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariominestrone