E3 2018 - Predictions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Grantronic4, May 9, 2018.

1. Grantronic4

Grantronic4 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Didn't see this topic up and E3 is approaching very soon. Wondering if anyone has some predictions this year. Here are some of my predictions:

Sony -
    Kingdom Hearts gets a finalized release date
    We see gameplay for FF7 Remake (or just a screenshot bahaha)
    Last of Us New Trailer
    New IP announced
    Dragon Quest XI - Additional gameplay shown

Nintendo -
    Fire Emblem Trailer
    Overview of Smash Bros
    A couple new ports for the 3DS
    Tons of ports for the Switch

Microsoft
    New Halo announced
    New IP announced (they really need this)

What are your predictions?

NeoFantasy likes this.
  2. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Just a dev who actually got a game finished Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    More of a fan wish, but I hope Sony reveals a Rhythm Thief sequel- it really needs it, especially with that huge cliff hanger at the end in the only entry.

3. NeoFantasy

NeoFantasy Building Worlds Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Fire emblem trailer
    Rune Factory 5
    A good Halo game

4. Seacliff

Seacliff RPG Maker Mastermind Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    I really just want to know what Retro Studios has been working on.

5. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Maker of Goof 'ems. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have five things and most of them are just blind wishes,

a new Punch-Out!! or Waverace game. (Nintendo recently renewed the trademark for both series and I think they wouldn't do that for no reason now would they?)

Nintendo 64 Classic (I have no evidence for this one I just wanna buy it so I can hack Spacestation Silicon Valley, Banjo Kazooie, and Conker on it)

Waluigi get's his own game (it's what we have all be waiting for and it's the only thing this world needs to become complete)

Pikmin 4 footage is finally shown (Miyamoto has said it's been in development for a while now and I now feel like it's been long enough for them to show some dayum footage of this likely mastapeece! Plus it's like, one of the few main Nintendo series not yet announced/already on the switch)

New Paper Mario on Switch (Though it's unfortunately most likely gonna be what I hope it's not, a lode of sticker star and only a sliver of good.)

6. chobokid

chobokid Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    From what I've been hearing from some people who work in the gaming industry we won't be seeing any new footage of FF7 Remake, mostly because SE decided to scratch a large portion of the work done so far and start over. Nintendo will most likely show off their upcoming paid online service and end their show with a Smash Bros trailer. And no one cares about Xbox its dead.

7. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @chobokid Xbox is most definitely not dead. Each of the big three have gone through the bad console generation and they’re still very much here. Remember when everyone said Nintendo was dead?

Adding to my Xbox predictions i’m Hoping we might see something about crackdown 3 some new ips. Maybe even a sequel to Conkers bad fur day?

I’m excited to see the smash 5 competition they’re having. Seems like a good way to hype people up.

8. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Maker of Goof 'ems. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @NeoFantasy I honestly don't think Conker will ever get a sequel, mostly because the creator of Conker, Chris Seavor, mentioned in the Rare Replay "Making of Conker's Bad Fur Day" video that Conker 2 will most probably never happen.

NeoFantasy likes this.
  9. chobokid

chobokid Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If Microsoft doesn't blow everyone away this year it's most certainly dead. Right now its on life support. There's just no reason to buy an Xbox right now especially when many of the games end up coming to windows.

10. NeoFantasy

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @TheMutantSpaceDancer Oh, I hadn’t heard about that. That’s a shame.

@chobokid Eh, even if they do announce something big, they’ve lost this generation. I do think they’ll have somethings to announce, but even if they do come out with a good Halo game and a few exclusive, they’re too far gone now.

I don’t think this is the end of Xbox though. Xbox does seem to be being more pc friendly and what I personally believe they may do in the future is make the Xbox game store universal between both pc and Xbox making the Xbox kind of like a what a steam box was supposed to be. Xbox would be for people who want that streamlined console experience or who can’t afford expensive gaming pc’s but want to game.

As for games also being on Windows, that’s kind of irrelevant. Games have always released multi-platform, that’s nothing new.
    Consoles are for people who just want to sit down and game without spending a fortune (though console prices have been getting pretty high, especially here in Canada.)
    And get good hardware.

As for exclusives being released on pc that ties in to my second comment, I do believe thy’re Going for a universal system.

11. Alkemical

Alkemical Transient Lion Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    SONY will likely show more about Death Stranding, Days Gone, and whatever the hell Shadows Die Twice is (please let it be a new Tenchu game). We might even see some more stuff for Lost Soul Aside, which should be releasing later this year according to Bing Yang, which admittedly, looks like everything an open-world hack-n-slash game SHOULD hope to be.

Don't forget the new Pokemon games, but I think "ports for 3DS" about covers that. Maybe some expansion kit for LABO (lmao).
    Expect some Dank Souls Remaster footage, with maybe some easter eggs added in other Nintendo games.
    Bayonetta 3 would be nice.

All of these would require Microsoft to pull their heads out of their @$$ and stop cancelling every single new IP they get offered (like Scalebound) and making some actual exclusives that aren't gonna be available for PC as well. Nobody wants to buy a console that has NO GAMES, and the few it has, you can just run on your PC a hundred times better; no one's buying no matter how many times they re-release the XBone.

CAPCOM better have something about Resident Evil 2's REmake, or there's gonna be riots. I REALLY hope they'll show DMC5. Expect a new Monster Hunter World event to be promotioned like the Devil May Cry crossover.

Bandai Namco will likely show new DLC characters for FighterZ, some returning characters for Soul Calibur VI, and a new DLC character for Tekken 7.

Konami will probably keep digging their own tomb deeper.

Oh yes, and Netherrealm Studios probably might show a new Fighter Pack for Injustice 2 OR Mortal Kombat 11.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    Grantronic4 likes this.
  12. SweetMeltyLove

SweetMeltyLove Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sony: Battle Royale
    Microsoft: Battle Royale
    Bethesda: Battle Royale
    Nintendo: Cardboard

Alkemical and Grantronic4 like this.
  13. Grantronic4

First Language:
    English
    Hahaha the funny thing is you might not be far off.

14. DarkHyudrA

DarkHyudrA Actually I'm Enzonaki Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Microsoft will probably talk about a new IP/sequel to a game and State of Decay 2 as it will start a beta.
    Pls bill, gimme reasons to get out of xbox 360 and move on to xbox one.

15. chobokid

chobokid Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft moved to a completely subscription based service for all its games. Something like Netflix but for Xbox games.

16. Grantronic4

First Language:
    English
    Anyone see that Wal-Mart may have leaked some games.

17. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm hoping for Ace Combat 7.

18. chobokid

chobokid Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everyone's forgetting that we will probably see more of Death Stranding. Could be a hidden gem this year.

19. MrZalgo

MrZalgo I am not Edgy, I am Fabulous Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Bethesda claims to have a large catalog of games to be revealed this year, and knowing them, it will likely be released this year as well.
    Here's to hoping for a Fallout 5 (I feel like the only person who legitimately liked Fallout 4), Starfield if it's any good, or Rage 2, which I have low expectations for.

Death Stranding isn't going to be released this year sadly, Kojima claimed the possible release to be somewhere between 2019 and 2020, we ight get more info on the game though.

Microsoft, sadly, isn't doing so well with their games just not holding up to the sheer quality and creativity that Playstation exclusives give. I honestly don't expect much from State of Decay 2, I wasn't a fan of the original one though so I may be biased.

Sony You guys already mentioned in detail, so I'll only say that I hope Shadows die twice is the soulslike IP that Fromsoft claims they are working on, though a Tenchu game might be nice.

20. Grantronic4

First Language:
    English
    I loved Fallout 4, and would like to see a Fallout 5. I heard rumors though that the next Fallout is suppose to be an MMO.