E3 HYPE THREAD!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jhale M., Jun 7, 2018.

1. Jhale M.

Jhale M. Goddess of health, purity and truth. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I have been dying to finally see E3. Could barely focus on a lot of things because of it. Only 5 more days left before it happens.

What are you most excited for?

For me, first would be Smash 5, of course. If it is really as good as it should be, I will work hard and finally get a Nintendo Switch.

Second would be From Software. I have been following From Software increasingly over the years, especially since I got to play Dark Souls 2 (my gaming options are so terrible that I only got to try one). From Software is hiring for a robot designer so it seems likely that they are making a fully focused Armored Core game. I always loved Armored Core even though I didn't get to play much and I would be excited to try it after From Software has been making so much success with "Soulsborne".

Third would be Devil May Cry 5. It is being worked on by the person who made Devil May Cry 3 and 4 and they have been working carefully on it for the past few years. I think it is probably guaranteed to be a great game.

Fourth would be Fire Emblem. Nintendo has been talking about their first console based Fire Emblem game since five releases with very little details. I'm sure we will get some major news at E3 and people expect there to be changes to how Fire Emblem plays, perhaps making it less grid-based or more real-time. I think Fire Emblem could successfully make the change since Intelligent Systems has been able to make quality games regardless of experimenting risks. Console-based games have more processing power and that can mean everything in making a strategy game better.

There is also Bayonetta 3, but I don't know much about Bayonetta so I am not excited for it yet.

Lastly, there are a few games that might not be guaranteed, but it would be very great to see. First is Shin Megami Tensei 5, which is coming to the Switch. That could be amazing. Next is Metroid Prime 4. There has been very little info on it, but it was stated to be in development when the Metroid 2 remake (Samus Returns) was announced for 3DS. There also seems to be a Poke'mon Switch game that could be in development besides the ones we know about. There might have been more, but I can't remember at the moment.

Tifa and Alkemical like this.
  2. TheMutantSpaceDancer

TheMutantSpaceDancer Grocery Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I wanna see Pikmin 4. Miyamoto said it was almost done about 3 years ago and we have not seen even a lick of footage for it yet! I need confirmation that the game isn't just collecting dust in the corner of Nintendo's attic.

Jhale M. likes this.
  3. TheoAllen

TheoAllen I'm back apparently Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I just want to know what is Fallout 76 actually

Jhale M. likes this.
  4. Alkemical

Alkemical Transient Lion Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Well, they do have whatever "Shadows Die Twice" is going on. While I'd be glad to see it be Bloodborne 2, I would be much happier with a new Tenchu game.

DMC5 has been in the works, and seeing how DMC4SE did a whole lot better than DmC did, I think CAPCOM keeping development in-house means we'll be back to some good old cheesy one-liners and CUHRAYZEE combat if Hideaki Itsuno is at the helm. Though since Lost Soul Aside is also coming to PS4 this year, and the last gameplay video made it look like everything a DMC game should hope to be, they'll likely hold it off until next year.

RE2's remake might get some spot, but I won't hold my breath. Likely some new Monster Hunter World event.

Despite it being DMC on steroids, crack cocaine and bath salts, I never could get into Bayonetta. I don't know, maybe it's cause the combat is a lot more floaty than DMC3-4.

We'll probably see another trailer for Death Stranding that makes no sense because Kojima.

Jhale M. likes this.
  5. Knayter

Knayter xX_BeastMaster64_Xx Veteran

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Probaly more info about the new pokemon game, some more footage of metroid prime 4 and let's hope for animal crossing or a new zelda game being developed for the switch

Jhale M. likes this.
  6. Jhale M.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Actually, I was almost going to say the same thing about Zelda. Even though I haven't played Breath of the Wild, I think it would be really cool if we could somehow get another big Zelda game on Switch.

Oh yeah, I was going to bring up Death Stranding, although it is sounding like I might not be interested. Not sure if I heard the name "Shadows Die Twice" before, nor "Lost Soul Aside" but thanks for showing me these games that I can look into before E3. I also didn't know newer Tenchu games were made by From Software. Tenchu was a great series as well. I also was worried that Bayonetta would be floaty and I guess that was sadly correct.

7. JtheDuelist

JtheDuelist Suspects Everything Is An SCP Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My predictions and hopes

Fingers crossed for a Monster Hunter rep in Smash 5 (Considering MH World's massive success), and/or a Gunvolt rep (since "Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX" is in production)

IntiCreates drops more info on GC: Luminous Avenger iX

Capcom giving a release date for MH Generations Ultimate.

Actually, that is about it for me.

Jhale M. likes this.
  8. Philosophus Vagus

Philosophus Vagus The drunken bird dog of rpg maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have no expectations whatsoever, don't even know what's coming out and what not.

I'll never understand the whole get hyped for a showcase of cinimatic concept trailers for games that may or may not actually get released sometime in the next 1-5 years so we can be hyped about those games to the point where they will never live up to expectations thing.

I prefer living in a media black hole, one where I don't know about games pre-release and don't get hyped for them until they are old enough to go on sale. Less disappointments that way I think, and by the time I touch something it has usually been patched, why pay full price to be a beta tester when you don't have to?

Vincent Chu and OnslaughtSupply like this.
  9. Darkanine

Darkanine ...In my thoughts and in my dreams... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Can't say theirs much i'm excited about this year, but if SMT 5 is announced, then I'll move heaven and earth to get whatever console it's on. :p SMT IV was very flawed, but one of the most fun RPG i've played in years.

I remember hearing Bandai announce that the next Digimon game is gonna be completely different from the last few, I hope we get info on that, even if it's just a brief snippet. I felt like they hit gold with the Cyber Sleuth duology, but I can understand that they don't want the winning formula to grow stale (even though an improved version of it would be sweet).

Jhale M. and Tifa like this.
  10. Canini

Canini Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I read on Ubisoft's newspage that there will finally be some information on Beyond Good and Evil 2. That is definately hype-worthy!

Jhale M. likes this.
  11. Knayter

Knayter xX_BeastMaster64_Xx Veteran

First Language:
    Viet Nam
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I don't think Shadow Die Twice will be Bloodborne 2, FORM SOFTWARE should've learn their mistake with dark soul 2

12. Jhale M.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    I didn't realize before, but E3's main event is in two days, but company specific events are already happening. This page will keep you alert on when things have aired and where to watch. http://www.e3countdown.com/
    Nintendo's part in E3 is just before the main event, however, so you are still waiting until the 12th.

13. Alkemical

Alkemical Transient Lion Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    DMC5 got announced BOIIIIIIIIIISSSS

14. Nivlacart

Nivlacart I just opened an art shop 11/6 :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    So far I've been kinda disappointed with this year's E3? Nothing has made me jump out of my chair and scream at the screen yet, like last year.
    Last of Us 2 almost did.

Sony's just finished, so now my bets are on Nintendo.

btw Death Stranding still is such an enigma XD It's starting to feel intentional on Kojima's part to just have everyone confused until release.

15. Seacliff

Seacliff Self Proclaimed Professional Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Never thought I would ever say it, but Microsoft had the best press conference this year.

That said, I'm peeved about everyone on other sites claiming Nintendo's only new game was Smash. Like did we all just forget about Fire Emblem? Mario Party? Daemon X Machina? It wasn't as good as last year, but Nintendo still had stuff to show. I think they could have sealed it well if they had one more big title though, like Animal Crossing.

As a whole. This was... an okay E3. I think I just fail to keep my expectations in check each year. But here's looking to try out a number of solid games between today and next E3.

Jhale M. likes this.
  16. Tifa

Tifa Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think I'm going to have to cave in and ask for a Switch for Christmas. I'm definitely buying Breath of the Wild, Smash 5, and the new Fire Emblem. :biggrin:

Jhale M. likes this.
  17. Drenz

Drenz Forever Desdamona Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Kingdom Hearts 3 looks amazing! I am do pumped for January 29th. The new Pirates World looks smooth as does that underwater battle feature. I am hyped to see what other worlds they are thinking about adding. With the features the game has shown, its gonna be a helluva send off to the Dark Seeker Saga. Nomura sure went all out and its makes me feel All In for it!

Canini and Jhale M. like this.
  18. Fujimaru

Fujimaru Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Yes, I'm still waiting for the KH3, finally with all the worlds, there is content.
    Especially for each world the fight will be different, but I really hope they will not fail.

Jhale M. and Drenz like this.
  19. Jhale M.

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Daemon x Machina seemed questionable at first, but now that I watched the gameplay and interview I think I would most likely be one of the first games I picked up, even before Breath of the Wild or Fire Emblem, but not Smash. I'm surprised they did not seem to give any more details on Fire Emblem.

Fujimaru likes this.
  20. Fujimaru

Fujimaru Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    YEAH! Fire emblem why??? Smash is everything for him, 30m of video