MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Kiwiettes and Kiwis! I've been working for the last days on a new project (still need a solid name, so far its called: Project Gray Nature) that involves technology, nature and rpg (actually this sounds like a weird mix...)

Some lore:
Long time ago, humans and other beigns were able to manipulate forces of nature thanks to crystal like entities called "geodes", with their power people were able to smash rocks bare hand, throw fireballs, shoot lightnings and so much more. It is said that after the "Day of Chaos" (Year 773) geodes started vanishing, and eventually dissapear from the world. Thats until 1996 when the researcher Gerard Krome develops a new technology called the "geo-drivers". These little drivers work along a device that, once again, will allow people to use the forces of nature, but this time they can choose the power they want and even use up to five at the same time!

Context:
Kyro Dashlight, our protagonist, is a teenager (17) that lives in the suburbs with his mother. He has everyday troubles like bullying at school, harrasment from some thugs, debts with the bank... In the meantime he goes to "The Box", a virtual enviroment that allows people to fight agaisnt monsters or other people in a safe enviroment using the geo-drivers. One day Kyro mets a mysterious woman called Emma, who tells him the thruth about his family tree and the geodes. Is up to him to solve the mystery of this dying world.

Gameplay Concepts:
You have multiple "battle devices" and "drivers" to choose, each of them will grant you different skills and buffs (or debuffs), you can mix them up as much as you like!
Devices can vary from 2 to 5 driver slots!
Drivers go from level 1 to 5 and there are also special and secret drivers with unique bonuses!

You also have "boosters" special accesories that grant specific buffs to your character, more health, more force and many others!
The character stats are: Stamina (HP), Charge (PM), Force (Atk), Durability (Def), Range (M.Atk), Resistance (M.Def), Reload (Agi) and Reliability. (Luck)

Each character can carry 1 Device, 1 Main booster and 2 Secondary boosters.
You need to equip drivers in order to use skills, otherwise... nice meeting you.
There's an ELO ranking that will unlock new practice areas, shop items, and interactions with NPC's. To raise your ELO you must play the ranked mode in "The Box". (ELO applies for the whole party)

Now, lets get to the sweet spot, screenshots:
Some dialogue from the introduction

Walking in the city

Some pictures inside "The Box"

Practice mode lobby

This is the level 1 simulation room

Thats what I made so far, there's still a long way to go. No demo right now, sorry! :kaoswt:

The holy credits:
Plugins:
- Yanfly
- HimeWorks
- MogHunter
- Masked
- Galv
Graphics (Tilesets/Sprites)
- PandaMaru
- Aqua
- SkottyTV
- WBRUH
- Whtdragon

The_switchify

I make games and things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see that you have Galv in the credits. does your project use Galv's zoom plugin? because mine does!

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see that you have Galv in the credits. does your project use Galv's zoom plugin? because mine does!
Not quite, I use MBS Map Zoom. The Galv plugin I have is the diagonal movement :kaoswt2:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished composing a boss battle theme!
Scripted a multi-variable weather system that randomizes wind speed, cloudiness, rain, fogginess, etc, while attempting to realistically account for interactions between them (e.g. wind speed affects fogginess, cloudiness affects rain, etc), the current weather pattern, and the player's biome e.g. swamp, beach, etc. Now I "just" have to tie visuals and sounds to the variables so stuff actually happens...
I'm having a headache balancing the combat using flat defense so I'm gonna use percentual armor, in this pic, Simon has 16 on Defense which means all the incoming damage will be reduced by 16% this will ease my burden a bit.
!Have a nice day everybody¡
SO glad they patched outer worlds for switch! I can finally play it! Weird that other peeps are still having issues. I know it was really chugging on my lite when it first came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crowned_gaming_youtube