FREE Earthbound 2 Concept

BuzzGaming57

Big Chungus - Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
EARTHBOUND 2 CONCEPT

Engine: VXAce

Synopsis:

A concept for a sequel to Earthbound that explores how the world has changed in three years since the fall of Giygas. I want to make the project as faithful as possible to the original, and to do that I'll need a few people me assisting me in my effort to do so. The core mechanics will work similar to the source material; rolling health, eight directions, surprise attacks, etc. While also including improvements and novelties to make it a better experience and not just a carbon copy. The game also makes the most sense to be structured in a chapter based system similar to Mother 3. I have created a basic outline of my idea (plot points, enemies ideas and new key locations) but I need a few people to help me make it into a working project.

My Role(s)/Position(s):

Priority Roles:

Designing sprites for character, environments, battlers and the like. Preferably in a style similar to earthbound.

Somebody that will a decent understanding of how scripting works within VXAce, and somebody that can also refer me to scripts or fix any problems we may face during development. They may also need to help me with creating the menu and the player UI.

Beneficial (but not necessarily required) Roles:

It would really help with the process of making the game if somebody could help me write some of the dialogue. This person could also help with creating concepts for enemies and that sort of thing.

Characters, Setting and World Development:

Ness' sister who is determined to find him after his mysterious disappearance one fall night.

A gang leader who is terrorizing Onette with a group made up of snobby kids calling themselves, "The Suits".

A mysterious starman that blocks your progress throughout your adventure, is he an ally, or just misunderstood?

An imprisoned monkey that is constantly abused by Threed's traveling circus ringmaster. Albert has aspirations to go to space and explore things out of this world; but he knows that as long as he continues to be held captive in the circus, that his dreams will never be a reality.

I want to have a concept demo completed before any of the base game, so the setting is mainly the starting town, Onette.

The prologue of the game starts with you taking control of Ness and going through his daily routine. This section is included to show how things have slowed down in Onette since Giygas' defeat. Later that night, he is awoken to the sound of a familiar meteor crashing down and decides to investigate. Upon reaching the crash site, a new type of starman rises from the crater and confronts Ness, you are brought into an unwinnable battle against the starman where he uses a new type of PSI to drain Ness' energy. After collapsing from the battle, he disappears with Ness in hand. The perspective of the protagonist is switched to Ness' sister, with her and her mother are waiting for Ness' return. A few hours go by and fearing for the worst, Tracy decides to investigate the crash site for herself and find out what happened to Ness. All she finds is a lone baseball cap. The prologue concludes, and you start your search for your brother, all the while fearing for Giygas' return and the mysterious fate of Ness.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! As a huge EarthBound nerd, I would be honored to assist you in writing this game! I could very easily offer dialog and ideas for enemies! Might I suggest posting this on the Starman forums as well?

BuzzGaming57

Big Chungus - Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! As a huge EarthBound nerd, I would be honored to assist you in writing this game! I could very easily offer dialog and ideas for enemies! Might I suggest posting this on the Starman forums as well?
Thanks for the reply. I think it would be a good idea to post this on the starman fourms as well so I'll get right on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
It's ironic, but one of the many hilarious things done with Shia's Just Do It speech was to make a hype song, and....I know what it is.....but I still get inspired by it! I'm like..."Yes I can!!"
That moment when you realize you lost time frankenstiening a sprite together, only to realize it already exited.
My first game is going to have the main character more or less create monsters as his party members.

Thanks to the plugin creators still producing content for MV, I might be able to give each of the monster members a personalized range of tactics during combat. I liked how the devs made it like that in FF6.
Stream will be live shortly! Tonight will be the PREMIERE of Killer 7 for the first half of the stream, and at half-stream, we will switch to a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrrupption