Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
3991230.png
 ​

My first game! I'm making the story as I go, so expect some inconsistencies. Feedbacks are needed, obviously, so post your thoughts, ok? :p

3991242.png
 ​
Strange earthquakes are happening all over the world, and all of them resulted in grief and sadness. A certain town was no exception either.
In the land of Oakvale, in a town named Pinewood, there lived a boy and his sister. They were living normally until a mysterious and unknown struck the town. They were forced to take shelter in an underground tunnel, but they were separated while looking for a way out. The boy and his sister soon dragged into the madness of these series of tragedies.

Can they finally reunite with their families? Will they solve the mysteries of the earthquakes? Join Ken and Sophia in this classic JRPG with (not so) stunning animations and humorous dialogues!
 ​
 ​
3991398.png
 ​
  • Unique Press-Turn Battle System similar to those Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne \ Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga games. Exploit you enemies' weakness and watch the turns flash! (literally)
  • Uses a Sideview Battle System, complete with colorful animation for skills!
  • Unique equipments, ranging from Swords to Staffs, and from Armors, Shields, to Emblems. Each equipments has it own stats preferences, so choose your equipment wisely!
  • An assortment of skills, from Arts to Crafts. Crafts can only be learned by leveling up! For Arts....
  • Learn Arts by using SP that you've gained from defeating enemies! That's not all, in order to use them in battle, you have to actually equip them! 
  • Featuring humorous dialogues and unique character development, you won't be bored with the events!
  • Using fantasy and modern setting, all in one!
 ​
3991395.png
 ​
  • Ken Miller. "A high-spirited boy who lives in Pinewood. A bit clumsy, but longs to become a adventurer."
  • Sophia Miller. "A girl who lives in Pinewood and Ken's sister. A really cheerful gal, but has a stubborn streak."
  • Leina Streisand. "An apprentice from Brightwall academy. Self-apologetic, but his bravery stood still."
​     (More characters will be added as I progress the Story!)
 ​
3991397.png
 ​
(Title Screen)​
E-TFS-Title.png
 ​
(Menu Screen)​
E-TFS-MenuScreen.png
 ​
(Mosel Temple)​
E-TFS-MoselTemple.png
 ​
(Lodgeville)​
E-TFS-Lodgeville.png
 ​
(Battle Screen)​
E-TFS-BattleScreen.png
 ​
3991499.png
 ​
The only thing I'm worried is the balance-ness (is that even a word?) of enemies in battles. But other than that, the game's basically done to said chapter.

3991502.png
 ​
Engine:
Enterbrain.

Graphics:
RTP, DS+, Futuristic Tiles, other paid resources, Celianna, Archeia.

Music:
RTP, Falcom, and 5PB.

Scripts:
Yanfly, Yami, Vlue, Archeia, KilloZappit, Diamond&Platinum3, TDS, Dekita (Copyright Dekyde Studios), modern algebra, TheoAllen, Mithran, LoneWolf, Mezzolan, Jet10985, and Helladen. 

Testers: Nezarn and Dogen. You guys rock! :D

(I apologize for any mistyped names and/or I forgot to add a person. Just tell me and I'll add it Immediately.)

3991518.png

I never include the RTP to the archive, because it would take days to upload it. :p I'll include it the separate download link, obviously.

Run Time Package (RTP)
Download it here

Game Manual
Can be downloaded here

Earthquakes - The First Signal
[Last updated: 10/19/2015] 
Changes include:
  • Rehauled the game completely, from graphics to dialogues. Actually everything was changed. :p
Second Update 

Third Update

Fourth Update

Fifth Update
 ​
4019548.png

As you all know (or may not know), I am working on this project by myself. So, if you want to help out (which I really needed), just PM me and we'll talk about the details.
I currently need a:
  • Spriter. This is the most important, my unused characters are not from RTP, so if you can help out being a spriter, that would be fantastic! 
  • Mapper. Unfortunately, I suck at mapping. Most of my maps are hand-made, and it doesn't look too good. This is a less important role, but if you want to be a mapper, then big hugs for you!
Or you can write your application http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/forum/21-project-recruitment/%20]here. (It's probably dead though)

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump. I'm configuring Symphony Tags now, and it looks great!

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump. I'm doing eventing/scening now.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
When I have free time I can maybe check out the game and give you feedback but it might take awhile.

EDIT

Apparently it is malicious so Chrome stopped the downloading of the demo : /

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not malicious to me.

Will give some fredback when i get home.

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No! None of my files are malicious. Chrome is known for that.

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hmmm stupid chrome, guess I will use another browser will send feedback when I have the time.

joeyjoejoe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With Chrome, just go to your downloads and try opening the file. There will be an option like "Infect me plenty"

I don't really have much to say yet since I'm only at the part where I have to go back to the Altar.

For your switch event, you should make it [Direction Fix] on your second page since it goes back up even when it says "It won't budge."

There are other little quirks I've seen so far, like when the passage is blocked, you can bypass the event and walk on top of the walls...

The doors kinda look funny like that, on the sides of the walls...

And there are spelling errors,  "Use it to bo transferred to our house." 

You said this is an old version, just take a minute and make the new version available if there are other things to fix.

The story seems cute and lighthearted. Is the town floating up in the sky? 

As well, you have another folder of the same game contained in the main folder. You should take that out. (not like it makes the download unmanageable though, at 3MB lol)

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't really have much to say yet since I'm only at the part where I have to go back to the Altar.

For your switch event, you should make it [Direction Fix] on your second page since it goes back up even when it says "It won't budge."

There are other little quirks I've seen so far, like when the passage is blocked, you can bypass the event and walk on top of the walls...

The doors kinda look funny like that, on the sides of the walls...
Yeah, sorry. But the next update is gonna be huge.

And there are spelling errors,  "Use it to bo transferred to our house." 
I've changed line into something completely different in the next update. 

You said this is an old version, just take a minute and make the new version available if there are other things to fix.
But if I make it now, the other dialogues won't make sense. 

The story seems cute and lighthearted. Is the town floating up in the sky? 
Nope. If it is, then there wouldn't be an underground tunnel xD

As well, you have another folder of the same game contained in the main folder. You should take that out. (not like it makes the download unmanageable though, at 3MB lol)
Really? Damn, I should have paid more attention lol

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated!!!

Database completely renovated and Chapter One added.

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump. Thread moved to the cooler one (LOL) with Archeia's help. Thanks Archeia! :3

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So? How's the game? Is it too tough/easy? Is it buggy/glitchy? Do you have any recommendations? Please post your thoughts!

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump. Added Game Manual. Read OP.

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bump. Fourth Update has been released. Changes are included in the Downloads Section.

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A few things.

I like your choice in music- especially your use of the RTP tracks. 

Mapping within the house and the first town is a little sketchy. It may be wise to read up on Shift-mapping in order to get some of those edges to blend in. The church windows look like they're going to fall off the side. I would suggest either bringing them a tile in or selecting another type of wall texture on the building itself. The first dungeon is pretty plain. Try using the darker dirt tiles to change things up.

I've been told that using the generator graphics with RTP isn't recommended or received well, but I can see where the stock graphics don't really give you what you're looking for. I would suggest then to look online; a quick Google image search for Facesets will get you what you need. Just be sure to get permission or cite where you're getting them from.

Also, I can't really tell a difference between standard walking and the dash.

I've found for a few time's I've used Ken's Craft, the damage indicator above the enemy said "M"; I imagine it means miss.

Also when an enemy has a resistance, it says "Strong" and for a while there I wasn't sure exactly what it meant; you may need to clarify.

I believe that if you're going to have Arts cast from HP, they should expend more than 20HP per time. Otherwise, your players are going to spam it like I did. I recall using nothing but Ripple Storm

The trapped chests in the north section of the cave were something I had an issue with. The red chests may be 'mimics' but you're putting encounters and HP damage in normal chests without warning. I understand what you're going for, but hadn't I healed prior, I would have been wiped out.

I also don't really see the point in giving me the choice to purchase equipment if you're going to give me everything they sell except the tunic and an extra Broadsword from the chests.

I do love the way you're using the Learn Skill and Equip Skill scripts. 

There is a game-breaking bug in the 4th edition in which Sofia walks into a Save point and can't move through it. I had to exit the game then, so I can't critique past that point.

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
A few things.

I like your choice in music- especially your use of the RTP tracks. 

Most of them are not from RTP. My favorite is when you're in the forest.

Mapping within the house and the first town is a little sketchy. It may be wise to read up on Shift-mapping in order to get some of those edges to blend in. The church windows look like they're going to fall off the side. I would suggest either bringing them a tile in or selecting another type of wall texture on the building itself. The first dungeon is pretty plain. Try using the darker dirt tiles to change things up.

Okay, thanks for the feedback. But I didn't set up any churches in Pinewood!

I've been told that using the generator graphics with RTP isn't recommended or received well, but I can see where the stock graphics don't really give you what you're looking for. I would suggest then to look online; a quick Google image search for Facesets will get you what you need. Just be sure to get permission or cite where you're getting them from.

I'm completely fine with the RTP generator. Do you have any link(s) to any other Faceset Generators?

I thought the standard dash was too fast, is it too slow now?

I've found for a few time's I've used Ken's Craft, the damage indicator above the enemy said "M"; I imagine it means miss.

Yeah, it has compatibility issues with Yanfly's Battle Engine script. M means miss, F means failed.

Also when an enemy has a resistance, it says "Strong" and for a while there I wasn't sure exactly what it meant; you may need to clarify.

Then the enemy is strong to the element. It isn't really hard figure out.

I believe that if you're going to have Arts cast from HP, they should expend more than 20HP per time. Otherwise, your players are going to spam it like I did. I recall using nothing but Ripple Storm

Yeah, I've been thinking about that too. I'll raise the HP cost in the next update. But I have Semester next week... :3

The trapped chests in the north section of the cave were something I had an issue with. The red chests may be 'mimics' but you're putting encounters and HP damage in normal chests without warning. I understand what you're going for, but hadn't I healed prior, I would have been wiped out.

You won't die from the explosion. Just heal after. Oh, and mimics will be in normal chests in the next dungeons lol.

I also don't really see the point in giving me the choice to purchase equipment if you're going to give me everything they sell except the tunic and an extra Broadsword from the chests.

Just in case...

I do love the way you're using the Learn Skill and Equip Skill scripts. 

Thanks! 

There is a game-breaking bug in the 4th edition in which Sofia walks into a Save point and can't move through it. I had to exit the game then, so I can't critique past that point.

Where is this? I don't ever recall Sophia walking into any save points...

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First Bugfix of Fourth Update has been released. 

Changes include:

• Sophia can walk outside the Tunnel
  • Added new tiles in the tunnel
Grab it in the Downloads section.

MyLordRobinson

Emperor of Carnelia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

I'm completely fine with the RTP generator. Do you have any link(s) to any other Faceset Generators?

I thought the standard dash was too fast, is it too slow now?

Then the enemy is strong to the element. It isn't really hard figure out.

Just in case...
The standard dash is too slow. It feels like your walking speed is 2x slow and your dash is normal, but I could be wrong.

With the "strong" comment, I don't take too kindly to be patronized. That being said, a new player may think that the skill they used is 'strong' on the target, indicating that the monster is weak against it. I understood that there was a resistance because I read the text during battle that said slimes were weak to Fire element and resistant to normal attacks.

There is a face generator that looks a bit more realistic and is more germane to RTP, and it can be found here. Celianna Faceset Generator

With the chests, I would rather take money or more healing items over weapons I could already buy, but that's a personal preference. It's not necessarily a bad thing; especially with players who may be more frugal.

KeyToTruth12

Grammar Nazi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The standard dash is too slow. It feels like your walking speed is 2x slow and your dash is normal, but I could be wrong.
Walking is at normal speed, and dash is 1.5 faster. I don't want it to be too fast.

With the "strong" comment, I don't take too kindly to be patronized. That being said, a new player may think that the skill they used is 'strong' on the target, indicating that the monster is weak against it. I understood that there was a resistance because I read the text during battle that said slimes were weak to Fire element and resistant to normal attacks.
Lots of SMT games use "Strong" comment to indicate the enemy is strong against the element. They'll eventually get it.

There is a face generator that looks a bit more realistic and is more germane to RTP, and it can be found here. Celianna Faceset Generator
How do you actually use it? I have like zero knowledge in artsy stuffs.

With the chests, I would rather take money or more healing items over weapons I could already buy, but that's a personal preference. It's not necessarily a bad thing; especially with players who may be more frugal.
You could sell it.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

having anxiety during all this virus stuff is the absolute worst. I'm the only one missing out on my friend's wedding in Sept. because I can't be in large groups of people anymore due to anxiety.
Well... I just spent most of the day making something I cant even use xD

Hero_1.png
The idea was to look at the original but at a medium distance.
In hindsight, I might as well have just edited the original lol... I didn't intend for it to end up so similar.
does anyone else feel tired after completing a sprite?
Fun fact: I always lower every tileset saturation (about 15%-25% of it) in my projects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onurgungor