chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Anyone know of a good Eastern Music software for making game music? The modality in Eastern Music is a little different from Western, so I wanted something that could do the partial tones that Western Music can't pull off notation wise.

I need it for making some Eastern music for a game. I got like no budget for the software tho, so free versions are desirable.

Thanks in advance!

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is no such thing as an "Eastern music software" 

You get a program like FL studio or whatever music making platform you prefer and you'll have to make the music yourself from scratch using eastern instrument soundfonts/recordings which usually cost extra I believe. 

Personally though, I recommend you just look around for a musician to hire/recruit/blackmail if you need the music quickly.

Alternatively, there's bound to be an eastern style music pack on the store/dlc steam page.

chungsie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have finale 2014, but I don't think it supports semi-tones....

and most the software I've seen only supports half-tones.

thanks though jesse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Worst comes to worst, couldn't you just post-proc each track in Audacity using the "Change Pitch" command for the notes that should not be full tones?

vanillacoke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know if there are any, at least not in English. All I could suggest is pitch changes via a DAW or something.

It's not really the pitch that makes the music sound different from ours, though. Write something in an Eastern key rather than a typically Western key and it'll sound vastly different. And many people wouldn't even notice the quarter tone difference to be honest.

LaFlibuste

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well to be honest most DAWs let you associate whatever sound you like to keyboard keys to create custom instruments. It doesn't have to be those specific pitches, like for drum instruments: D might be bass drum, Ab crash cymbals, etc. So the software doesn't appear to play semi-tones, but if you applied them to keyboard keys to create your custom instruments, you could achieve the effect. Maybe your eastern scale could be using two octaves of a western keyboard. It would look all wrong on a chart and might be a bit confusing at first, but as long as it sounds right when it comes out of the DAW... right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally did a test of sorts for the opening of my game... ... including this shot here.
My current status!?
It might be... QUAKE!!! :o
At least that was true several hours ago. :p
Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hnhat