Crossfate Saga Creator
- Dec 26, 2015
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Codenamed Vanessa for its main character's name, the story involves a destiny forged in misery and misfortune, and how Vanessa herself tries to go on even under terrible circumstances. There'll be a good quantity of characters that will cross paths with her whilst trying to fix their own problems, but knowing if they'll be able to help her or ruin her life even more is something one as a player will have to discover in their own, miserable adventure.
The project is currently searching for hire, but we can see to skill trade as well. Feel free to take a look at the project lead's deviantart down below.
Preparing for the Prologue (and demo) named "Blooming in the Abyss", wherein you will be presented with Vanessa's story, the terrible fate she has to endure and a painful choice to make.
There are still 4-5 another characters to be announced for the prologue.
Current Staff and filled role
1. Game Artists (CG, Pixel, Background)
- Tileset maker/editor in needed
2. Sound Engineer (Classic and epic)
- Rockstep / Hardcore in needed
3. System Engineer
Size : 5
What is it we need?
1. Photoshop expertise/GUI artists.
2. Help translating lists and movelists to the awesome YEP battle plugins sequence.
3. Scripter to do: customized menus, tactic battles and minigames like fishing and d-d-d-d-d-duels !!
What can we give you in return, you ask?
1. Each contributor and/or staff involved in the project has their own character in game, well designed to fit the game's realm and story.
2. Drawings/Character designing for skill trading.
3. Free copy of the game and light novel. Also possibly merchandise after it's been finished.
You must be dedicated to the project, and of course like it. You can slack off or make the project a secondary matter in your life, but leaving or forfeiting is inadmisible: apart from creating a lot of problems for the production and the team themselves, we would miss you if you left!
Risks and Problems
The project started in late 2015 under a different name. We came up with a storyline and the final name in mid 2K16. Now we're focussing in applying what we wrote and compiled into the game.
Initially we had great game artists, but since they're busy with work and college, the only one free now is the project lead, that drifted towards game arts to fill the gap. The progress has been slow due to the lack of people involved and the sole quantity of writing.
We launched a crowdfunding campaign before but we were only able to gather about 170 dollars. Please note that the initial recruitment is not paid, but in the future we can promise the staff their fair due when we're ready to go for the second campaign and possibly end up launching the game commercially.
Thanks to everyone for coming, reading and comenting.
I expect positive feedback from this thread as a fellow RPG games developer. Hope to see you joining soon.
With deep gratitude,
Thanks to Kinzarks, helping me correcting this thread.
1. Moghunter / Atelier RGSS
2. Yanfly's YEP
3. Galv's Animated battlebacks