Easy Interior Doors Tutorial

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Tutorials' started by Bahamut20, Feb 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bahamut20

Bahamut20 Can I edit this? Veteran

First Language:
    English/Spanish
    This is a small tutorial to make nice looking interior doors possible without too much hassle.

door.gif

1. First, create a quick door event as normal, and modify it as folllows:

interiordoor.PNG

For the door's trigger, it's up to you if you want to activate on touch (default) or action button.

2. Then, you need to make a special tileset for the wall right above the door. For this, use Snipping Tool in your map (make sure scale is 1:1) to take a screenshot of the top of the wall. You can use a template like the following to properly align the screenshot:

frames.png

3. Go to the Database and put a star on the wall passability. Pick another tile and restrict passability to the left and right (so that the actor can only pass through it if facing up or down). We need a different tile because the star tile will be on top and the game will disregard its passability (unless you are using a Star Passability Fix plugin).

4. Go back to your map and use the "restriction tile" on top of the door. Then use the actual wall tiles on top of that.

5. It should work like a charm!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
    Jeremiah Snider, -YS-, OZiO and 2 others like this.
  2. Jazeeri

Jazeeri Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I can't figure out how to ungrey out the clipping tool in the tool bar. I have the scale set to 1:1.  I can't think of a time it has not been greyed out. (New user here)

Any suggestions?

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Jazeeri

Jazeeri, do not hijack other people topics with your questions - make a new topic in the correct support area (possibly with a screenshot of your problem)