Easy Interior Doors Tutorial

Bahamut20

Can I edit this?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
This is a small tutorial to make nice looking interior doors possible without too much hassle.

door.gif

1. First, create a quick door event as normal, and modify it as folllows:

interiordoor.PNG

For the door's trigger, it's up to you if you want to activate on touch (default) or action button.

2. Then, you need to make a special tileset for the wall right above the door. For this, use Snipping Tool in your map (make sure scale is 1:1) to take a screenshot of the top of the wall. You can use a template like the following to properly align the screenshot:

frames.png

3. Go to the Database and put a star on the wall passability. Pick another tile and restrict passability to the left and right (so that the actor can only pass through it if facing up or down). We need a different tile because the star tile will be on top and the game will disregard its passability (unless you are using a Star Passability Fix plugin).

4. Go back to your map and use the "restriction tile" on top of the door. Then use the actual wall tiles on top of that.

5. It should work like a charm!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazeeri

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I can't figure out how to ungrey out the clipping tool in the tool bar. I have the scale set to 1:1.  I can't think of a time it has not been greyed out. (New user here)

Any suggestions?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Jazeeri

Jazeeri, do not hijack other people topics with your questions - make a new topic in the correct support area (possibly with a screenshot of your problem)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Am I allowed to make a recruitment thread NOT for RPG Maker stuff?

Like for a group project?
(NOT RPG Maker project.)
If the new RPG Maker's character generator produces full busts and can match the art styles of previous RPG Makers, that might be a big incentive to buy it. An easier way to craft custom map tile sheets though would probably be an even bigger game changer.
Note to self: One lemon is enough to flavor my drink.
'I'm not homophobic, I'm not scared of me house.' - Peter Kay xD
When did anything under your mid-twenties become the new 10 years old? At least try to act like your old enough to sign a lease.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLCSadBoy