yeet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening,

I made adjustments to YEP_ButtonCommonEvents and AS_InputSettings so both Arrow Keys and WASD buttons work. I tested it on map, in menu's and when inserting a name with SRD_NameInputUpgrade. The AS_InputSettings plugin needs to be placed UNDER YEP_ButtonCommonEvents. In AS_InputSettings, keep WASD conrols to false, it won't work otherwise. There is no in game ON/OFF switch or Options menu toggle, both WASD and Arrow keys work always at the same time. This could be handy for laptops which sometimes have split up and down keys (as in 2 small buttons over the size of 1 normal button. This makes standard game controls pretty much useless).

EDIT: It's probably worth noticing that a name imput should be at the very beginning of the game where the player didn't move yet, as I didn't test it if the player moves before that. Anyway, after a name input the following Plugin Commands should be made:
SwitchButton All
RevertButton Left
RevertButton Up
RevertButton Right
RevertButton Down

Before name input: RevertButton Dash

Credits and Terms of Use:
AS_InputSettings: Astra Cat.
Terms of Use: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...vement-disable-f2-f4-and-disable-mouse.54527/

YEP_ButtonCommonEvents: Yanfly Engine Plugins.
Terms of Use: http://yanfly.moe/terms-of-use/

SRD_NameInputUpgrade: SumRndmDde.
Terms of Use: http://sumrndm.site/terms-of-use/

Chef edits: Add Chef to your game's credits and leave a like at the following post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/almanac.98421/

The plugins may be edited as long as it's between the plugin's original owners' guidelines.

Kind regards,

Chef

Attachments

• AS_InputSettings.js
    5.1 KB · Views: 73
  • SRD_NameInputUpgrade.js
    18.3 KB · Views: 44
  • YEP_ButtonCommonEvents.js
    29.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can confirm, it does work without Name Input!

UncreativeMedia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my god THANK YOU! I have been looking for a way how to do this for hours and this is the best!

Fufi_Saintz

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello everybody.

I don't use YEP_ButtonCommonEvents, nor SRD_NameInputUpgrade in my game (but there are TWO moments in which players have to input a name). Can I use this alone (putting WASD option true) to simply add WASD keys for moving players? Mine is an educational game and many left-handed students ask me to intrduce WASD movements. I tried the "normal" version of Astra Cat's plugin, but that simply substitute arrow keys with WASD, while I want to keep both in my game. And for simplicity reasons don't want to add a keyboard configuration option/plugin.

EDIT: I tired it, alone, just setting "WASD movement" option on, and it works. I tried it not only in menu and game but also in one of the two point in the game in which you have to input a name, and it works again (I'll try the other one asap). Still I'd like to know if there could be any problems in using this plugin alone, as it was made to work togerher with the other two.
Thanks in advice to everybody.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit
some test stuff. Empty for now. My other project (this project) needs more attention. The lagging really kicks up when I try to capture gameplay. ✨

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc_826