Echo of the Universe

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses

Echo of the Universe

Echo of the Universe is a linear old school RPG with a fast straight forward sideview battle system.

Story:

The story evolves around a young boy named: Jake.
He and his little sister live in a town called: Laisa, where normally nothing much happens...
This all changes once a huge portal shows up and kidnapps one of the townspeople.
Jake, a close friend, decides to get him back, no matter the cost.

His travels take him to beautiful forests, dark dungeons, underground caves, 
all filled with dangerous monsters.
The story thickens once he finds out, the faith of the world is in his and his friend's hands.
Can you be of any help to Jake and his crew?
Or will the choices you make lead to the downfall of the planet?

Characters:

Jake
Jake is a young man from the town of Laisa.

Lost his father in the great war and currently living with his sister Naomi under the shelter of Sam.

Nathalie

A young woman whose destiny was to become a Magician. 
Daughter to a tradesman who travels the world.

Warren

A young man rescued in the great war, now is a member of the Guardians. 
Following in the footsteps of the man who rescued him.

Brenda

Brenda is a young girl whose an expert with a bow.

She is from the skycity of Ordelle.

Screenshots:

Demo:

The demo is playable for around 1 hour - 1 hour 15 minutes.

All is still work in progress...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
It sounds good :)

But, why u don't show some screenshots and where is the download link?

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Sorry, didn't include it. Was still "pending".

I will adjust it now. *Done*

Screenshot are added and a demo is in the link.

Enjoy the game!

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Oh! Great!!

I'm downloading it now... I will give a try and come back :)  .

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Anyone got some feedback about Echo of the Universe?

I know some people think: Ok, it's another one of those games, there are millions of,

But I'd like to think, once start playing you'll be like: Ok, this is pretty cool!

So, don't hold back!

/Wallie

mi2

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello!!

I tried to play your demo, sadly it crashed very shortly : when you actually beat an enemy, it says that an audio file is missing and it just crashes the game!

otherwise, from what I have noticed ( this is more personnal than actual criticism, but perhaps it can give you another point of view ) : you have a solid core story, maybe a little generic, but you can easily transform it into something even more unique by keep working on it! The gameplay seems pretty good from what I played, though I'm not a big fan of the skeleton border ( again, my own personnal opinion )! 

Sorry if I sounded rude or anything, just wanted to give you a little advice on how you could improve your game^^

can't wait to see the end result!

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hi mi2,

Thanks for your information.

I accidently removed the victory sound... but it's fixed now. If you would like to give it another shot?

/Wallie

mi2

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
alright, played through the demo up to the drayan forest ( sorry didn't have time to go further :(  )

I like where the game is heading, but I'll have some new tips : the battle against Draknor is quite easy really, you should make hit the player instead of just waiting, it won't make it unfair nor hard!! The habitants of the village seem quite... empty, they have very generic text, try to improve that a little so they can be a little more memorable!! Last thing : I find ( personnal opinion once again ) the dialogue quite cheesy sometimes, like you could predict how the characters are going to act or react to certain situations... but that's only my opinion!!

i'll be happy to play the full version when it comes out tho!

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thx for the feedback, m8. I shall take it into the great ideapool :)

Reaction score
First Language
Arabic
Primarily Uses
Hi,

Could u wait me little bit??

Cause I have too much work to do. I'll play it for sure. Just be patient.

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried it. 

The battle was fast-paced and I like the idea that Jake could use Fire-element-based skill instead of "some games" where only mage-or-druid-or-shaman-like character could use elemental skills. But if you could make the battles at least a lil more strategic, that'd be great. I don't like random encounter, but I don't hate it either. But I do like touch encounter.

The dialogue's not bad, but not good either. I suggest adding more depth of personality to the characters' dialogues.

Are you using parallax maps? If yes, and sorry I couldn't give you any screenshots of it, maps of Drayan forest and inside of the houses and shops are not shown.

Stories and questions wise, it's not bad but not good either. I think the story is too hurried. One moment a bone-eating villain attacked your caretaker, the next you're out to take on the entire world to find your kidnapped caretaker. I'm immediately curious as to the origin of the bone-eaters and the world at the other side through the portals, which is good, but I think you should develop the plot more and put more NPC's involvement in the overall story.

I like the fonts and characters' stats progression. 

Overall, I'd give a 65 over 100, but I recommend others to try this game. The demo is very short but it's not boring.

Looking forward to the full game. Cheers!

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Updated the link with the newest version.

-- 1st boss updated, removed the "wait" function. -- Reduced HP of the starting mobs -- Removed some armor slots and added "Orbs". : Orbs can be equipped as addons to your weapons or armor. -- Working on other dungeons. -- Updating the story and interaction between the characters. -- Updated townspeople interaction. -- Added Town Warp Scroll. -- Added Dungeon Warp Scroll. -- Updated Monster Book. -- Fixed "Status" screen.

/Wallie

Walldeaf

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thank you Stanley for your opinion.

Yes, I do use parallax mapping, and it shows normal on my PC, but I will look into it more.

As for the story, I have updated it just to give it a little more "oomph".

I like to read about your curiousity about the portals, storywise it will get even better when you get to Venice (Not included in current demo), as it was

inspired by the episodes of "Quantum Leap".

Won't give any spoilers though.

I'm still working on the battle system, I just don't want to make it hard for players, I want this to be an easy game.

Did you like the voice acting in the battles? I've spend alot of time on that.

I'll let you know when the new demo is up!

Thanks again,

/Wallie

Stanley

Nobody, Joystrike Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay, Lotudian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated the link with the newest version.

-- 1st boss updated, removed the "wait" function. -- Reduced HP of the starting mobs -- Removed some armor slots and added "Orbs". : Orbs can be equipped as addons to your weapons or armor. -- Working on other dungeons. -- Updating the story and interaction between the characters. -- Updated townspeople interaction. -- Added Town Warp Scroll. -- Added Dungeon Warp Scroll. -- Updated Monster Book. -- Fixed "Status" screen.

/Wallie

Thank you Stanley for your opinion.

Yes, I do use parallax mapping, and it shows normal on my PC, but I will look into it more.

As for the story, I have updated it just to give it a little more "oomph".

I like to read about your curiousity about the portals, storywise it will get even better when you get to Venice (Not included in current demo), as it was

inspired by the episodes of "Quantum Leap".

Won't give any spoilers though.

I'm still working on the battle system, I just don't want to make it hard for players, I want this to be an easy game.

Did you like the voice acting in the battles? I've spend alot of time on that.

I'll let you know when the new demo is up!

Thanks again,

/Wallie
You're welcome, Wallie. I like the battle system actually. What I meant by making the battles a lil more strategic is that, make it so that I won't be able to frequently just simply breeze through them by spamming "Attack" command. Oh yea I forgot to mention, voice acting's pretty good. Hey but um, I can't remember, was there a female voice acting in it? But Jake's voice  acting is dope. Ah Quantum Leap, I'm yet to watch it, so I've got no comment about it haha. Great! Glad to know that your game has improved story-wise. Aight, looking forward for the next demo, keep me posted. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've noticed that more videos on YouTube have these segmented bookmark things in the videos themselves. It's nice being able to jump to parts of a video you want, and to have them all clearly labelled.
Why you do this? Now I have to buy the new RPG Maker xD
I've always dreaded planning for my games so I just didn't plan at all. That... didn't work out after all. :kaosigh:
Turns out it can be kind of fun if you keep the scope small and don't take it way too seriously.
well... for the first time in months... I feel like my game is headed towards something again. I finally have it where I won't be drawing battle assets for the rest of the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishafer001