Echoes of Aetheria

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Hey everyone! For those of you that have been wondering what has been taking up most of my time for the past 18 months, here it is! 1.5 years in the making, this is our biggest and best RPG by a long shot, starting small and whimsical and growing into a massive campaign. The best of old meets new, modern design. We sincerely hope you give it a try and know any RPG fan will love it!

Echoes of Aetheria

FEATURES:

• Tactical battle system based on a grid. Formation and positioning is extremely important! Crazy fun to play around with!
  • Top notch storytelling, adventure, exploration and more.
  • Incredibly extensive crafting system where you can make just about anything, and also recycle old gear to get materials. Forge and augment to customize items!
  • Exploration nodes - explore for XP!
  • Difficulty levels can change at any time.
  • Skill points can be moved around, refunded, used at anytime.
  • Home bases where you can have conversations for XP. Home base follows you around the world and evolves over time!
  • Cutscene skip - if you want to just speed things along, all cutscenes have a skip button!
  • If you lose a battle, you can regroup and try again as many times as you want.
  • You heal after every battle!
  • No random encounters - every enemy is clearly visible on the map.
  • Take screenshots in game at any time
  • A lot more...
Screenshots:

Links:

Demo:

Dancing Dragon Games:

http://www.dancingdragongames.com/

(Also check out our strategy guide, which includes 99 pages of maps, secrets, and tips!)

Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/354740

Credits and thanks:

Developers: Harmonic & Mithran

Art Leads:

Saehral, Sovanjedi, Cyangmou, Clest

Asset contributors:

Celianna, Lunarea, Hirei, Ethron Young, Joel Steudler, Murray Atkinson, Daniel Huang, Billy Patton, DSVortex

Additional scripts by:

modern_algebra, zeus81, Zeriab

Development aid scripts:

Tsukihime, Solistra, Enelvon

Huge Thanks to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stapleton

Underground
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gaeilge
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks great.

Awesome job!

Battle system is very cool. 

I will have to try it once I get some time.

Missile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have been waiting for this to come out! Battle scenes looking cool indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought this as soon as I got home - so excited to dive into it!

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Looks great, espeically the in-battle graphics? I sorta wished the entire game would use those graphics though but i realize that's difficult and expensive to get. Definitly will try out the demo and consider buying it :)

magnaangemon01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not one much for tactics games, but I will definitely be giving this game a try.

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks everyone for your support! We definitely spent a lot of time and resources on our battle system, scripted from the ground up by myself and using assets from several talented artists that really bring it to life. Targeting is done on a grid formation, but most skills available targets will adjust for you so long as there are no living enemies between you and your intended target, so you wont have to move everyone around just to wipe out that last enemy. The more complex targeting patterns come later in the game, but everything is pretty straightforward - the targeting method is shown on the skill screen, you are shown available targets before selecting any skill, and you have a target preview during target selection.

The game is heavily story driven, but also with a lot of attention given to customization features - around 20 different active and 10 passive skills for every character swappable at any time in the menu, a forge system to make your own gear with improved stats, and an augment system to further boost your equipment or add special properties.

If anyone has any questions, be sure to let me know!

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Excellent job Mithran.

That battle system looks simply delicious :3

Here's to hoping it will do well.

*hugs*

- Zeriab

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll give it a try, looks very nice and that battle system is awesome. Will get a copy on Steam in future if I like it and leave a review too there.

Congratulations for the release!

Hirei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks great! I can't wait to play it. Thanks for letting me contribute to your project :)

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Wanted to let you know I decided to buy the game after trying out the demo. Really enjoyed it! On a sidenote, is there a way to continue from where the demo left off or do i have to restart? I bought through Steam by the way.

Mithran

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks everyone :)

The save folder is the same for the full version as in the demo, and the saves are compatible.  Should be as simple as loading the game and loading your previous save.  

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's amazing, that the crowdfunding of this game started 3 years before I played and became a fan of Skyborn. And when I asked you, if you are planing another story that would happen on the world of Skyborn last year, you just answered me that you were sure of it, but didn't tell me a single word about Echoes of Aetheria. Also I remember that Dancing Dragon Games had announced some kind of platform game but no RPG, so for me that was a very pleasant surprise but still unexpected.

Is Echoes of Aetheria playing on the world of Skyborn or is there another project in progress? And just because of a few similarities, can it be that it's a bit influenced by Pier Solar and the Great Architects? ;-)

harmonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's amazing, that the crowdfunding of this game started 3 years before I played and became a fan of Skyborn. And when I asked you, if you are planing another story that would happen on the world of Skyborn last year, you just answered me that you were sure of it, but didn't tell me a single word about Echoes of Aetheria. Also I remember that Dancing Dragon Games had announced some kind of platform game but no RPG, so for me that was a very pleasant surprise but still unexpected.

Is Echoes of Aetheria playing on the world of Skyborn or is there another project in progress? And just because of a few similarities, can it be that it's a bit influenced by Pier Solar and the Great Architects? ;-)

Not to be a poo poo, but there was crowd funding for this game? Where at? 

In regards to your other questions, it's *kinda* the same world as Skyborn. Same geography and civilization style. But it's not the same canon if you catch my drift. 

Our platformer (Also Mithran's) was put on indefinite hold. Too bad, that, since it is an awesome little tech demo.

Never heard of Pier Solar and Great Architects! What are they?

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not to be a poo poo, but there was crowd funding for this game? Where at? 
I've got that wrong, "Echoes of Eternea" != "Echoes of Aetheria". I just was sad that I missed another cool crowdfund, but well, I didn't!

In regards to your other questions, it's *kinda* the same world as Skyborn. Same geography and civilization style. But it's not the same canon if you catch my drift. 
Well, I was just confused because of the mix-up with Echoes of Eternea and jumped to wrong conclusions. But now its obvious that this is the game I've hoped for.

Never heard of Pier Solar and Great Architects! What are they?
A very nice JRPG, and a few parts of the Trailer of Echoes of Aetheria reminded me on it.

DanPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Mithran - The game is pretty interesting. It seems to me the artist who has drawn the portraits has also worked on Aldrolea's game if I am not mistaken? The art style is reminiscent of their games. Has the game sold well and is there already a sequel planned?

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"Echos of Aetheria" is in the recent Comrade Miller's Bundle at Groupees, a real bargain for this great game! So if you are looking for this game, it's your chance (alongside with "Deadly Sin" from the same author and other nice games)!

If I knew that it would be in a bundle so quickly... nah, it was really worth it! ;-)

I can just hope, that you guys at Dancing Dragon, get enough from it to create more such great games!

harmonic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I hope so too!  :)

dexni

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
very awesome game, grid battles are amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Satisfy my curiosity for a sec please, folks: how many people actively followed/follow my Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript series and have found them useful for learning what makes RM tick?
Tried cooking some Pasta in the Microwave Oven. The Mixed herbs seasoning I sprinkled on top tasted kinda funny, Not sure why.
The youtube algorithm introduces me to the weirdest stuff these days. Last week I got bardcore music (which is awesome by the way), this week it is gun metal covers. Stupid as it is, I can't stop listening either. Who thinks to do this, and why is it so euphoric to watch?
Cracked black pepper turkey, smoked ham, three slices of pepperjack cheese. Sliced banana peppers, pepper relish, garlic aioli. Between two thick slices of sourdough.
I couldn't resist, I'm not much of a mapper so I'm really proud of the town i've been working on these past 2 weeks, my overzealous MC outside his home just moments before his Aunt has some CHOICE words for him still a WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galo