lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for making these plugins!! I am currently using Currencies, but for an upgrade system using the shop. Basically an upgraded version of "Staff" ("Enchanted Staff") is being sold for the price of: Staff and a Crystal. This works really well.

What I'd like is for the plugin to see if "Staff" is currently equipped or not, and take the equipped item as currency if it is equipped. This way the user doesn't need to unequip their weapons before going up to the shop to upgrade.

I don't know javascript but I see this:
Code:
Game_Party.prototype.gainItem = function(item, amount, includeEquip)
and I think "includeEquip" should be "true" for this to work the way I'd like? Maybe? Haha.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could make this an option, maybe to turn on in the parameters! Thanks so much :)
There aren't any current plans to update these at the moment. Plus it'd just be easier to unequip the item than edit the plugin to accommodate that.. Sorry.

Winter Witch

❄️
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello! Thank you for those awesome plugins!
I have a question, though.
My protagonist meets 4 people during their adventure (you can choose the player's gender at the beginning of the game) and can befriend them. Different actions or answers shall increase or decrease their relationship status. BUT those 4 people are not neccessarily in the party (at least not from the beginning) and their event sprites show up on different maps, since they roam around.
Am I still able to have a friendship system that way? Because the actor ID refers to the party member and the event ID refers to the specific ID on the map, which is neat if the NPC never moves, but those friends solve a crime together, therefore, they appear on different maps an join or leave the party from time to time.
Thank you in advance :)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Am I still able to have a friendship system that way? Because the actor ID refers to the party member and the event ID refers to the specific ID on the map
That's not quite correct. An actor ID refers to an actor. It doesn't matter whether they're in your party or not, anything that's tracked on an actor can be tracked regardless.

I haven't looked at the documentation for this plugin, but if you're given a script call to reference an actor's friendship level, you can use that inside of any event you want.

Winter Witch

❄️
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's not quite correct. An actor ID refers to an actor. It doesn't matter whether they're in your party or not, anything that's tracked on an actor can be tracked regardless.

I haven't looked at the documentation for this plugin, but if you're given a script call to reference an actor's friendship level, you can use that inside of any event you want.
Thank you for your answer :) Maybe I've misunderstood the instructions.
I just found the Frienship-Romance-Plugin that he made also, maybe that's an addition or even alternative for me :)

lordvalinar

Lord of the Damned
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your answer :) Maybe I've misunderstood the instructions.
I just found the Frienship-Romance-Plugin that he made also, maybe that's an addition or even alternative for me :)
Yeah sorry LvMZ_Factions.js is a bit more simplified and only works for those "in party" (1 = party leader, 2 = 2nd actor, etc). Although Technically you can use a script call to bypass the plugin command's parameters (replace the actorIDs with the actual ones you're using though):

JavaScript:
// this is the source actor
const actor1 = $gameActors.actor(1);
// this is the actor NOT in the party (has to exist still however)
const actor2 = $gameActors.actor(5);

// "value" is ADDED to current value (so use a negative to lose relations)
actor1.lvSet('setRelation', [actor2, value]);

Alternatively for a more GUI version, yeah the Friendship-Romance one would be a better choice.
Although keep in mind, if modifying relations involving events (it will only get the event on the current map)

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been trying to get certain devs' and artists' permission to use their characters in a certain plugin demo I've been working on. I got permission for 3 characters thus far... I'm hoping I can get at least 5 by the end of next week.
By far, the weirdest flex I've ever seen on the internet is "I don't have the attention span to read what you wrote, but I REALLY want the world to know I don't have that attention span!".
Why... the FACK... do I work in customer service?!?!
Excuse me while I go question allllll my life choices.
DamageEvil_6.png added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
_CnZ_