Sums

Musician and Writer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Edeon: Isaac Chronicles
 ​
*For those who downloaded the demo before 27 of April, the new demo fixes a lot of bugs that affect in the gameplay drastically*
Genre:
Rpg/fantasy

Game progress: 

Database 20%
Eventing 15%
Story 60%
Maps 15%

Recruitment: 
None (unless someone is interested to make the title screen)

Setting

The game takes place in the world of Thenetos, once a common world, a sudden manifestation of energy called, “Edeon”, turned creatures into more intelligent and powerful beings. Humans were no exception.

Story
43 years after the Edeon occurred, the Nation of Rudenheim invaded Vardack, taking control of the all the country in one year three months. The story is focused on Isaac, a 21 man that desires to find his lost family and save the oppressed Vardician people. Although the Rudenheim nation agreed to invade, the real intention of the nation leaders is unknown.

Characters

Isaac Erhard

Once a very innocent person, the war turned him into a brave warrior, training in solitude for one year, he developed a double personality which tells him to embrace fighting and killing, that deep inside he is truly a killer that fights for the entertainment, he constantly fights against this other “self”.

Lynn Madow

A clumsy yet cunning girl that originally searched what was best for her, once she learnt that not only herself was important she decided to help the others. She is also a proud “energy engineer” that makes the prototypes for her “energy guns”.
(More characters to come)

Screenshots:

Features:
  • Crafting system
  • Unique skills
  • World Map Travel
  • Item activation with special effects
  •  

Demo Review:

Demo Download Link:
Updated 04/27
http://www.mediafire.com/download/l3mjbug2puow87b/Edeon.IsaacChronicles_1.exe
(177mb) (around 30 mins)

Known issues: *If you have problems with the font, just copy "Fo2" from the "Fonts" folder and paste it in control panel fonts folder (or you can install directly the font).*
-Game Froze after the rescue (Fixed) Thanks to Mirage88 for reporting the Bug-
-Game didn't have overlays- Fixed-Sound Bug- Not Fixed

Credits:

Music & Sound Effects:
Aaron Krogh
Vindsvept
Jeremy Soule and Julian Soule(Guild Wars 2)
McTrickys
Joel Studler
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Arcania III Soundtrack

Scripts:
Woratana
NeonBlack
Estriole & caitsith2
Mithran
TheoAllen
Victor Sant
Nicke
Yanfly
Yami
Raizen
Mr.Bubble
Cremno
TinyMine

Resources:
Celianna
Enterbrain
eurs.blog65.fc2
chaoslamorak
Kaduki
COAD
Hanzo Kimura
Mr.Bubble
Fire emblem series(battler)
Victor Sant
Inflation RPG (Battlers)

Testers:
Point008
CVincent

Last edited by a moderator:

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
HOLY .... @#!*+  

OK, i am going to tell the things that gives you not a 10 on your game for my indie game reviewer point:

Music: i usually just give a perfect score (1.0) when is your own music or developed for the game itself.

Graphics: Just original art has an score of 1.0.

Game play: There is a kinda big bug (is not a bug more than draw the stairs on the inn)and other small ones, is that when you arrive to the inn there are not stairs just a wall that stop the game flow of the game. The other small problems are the events with the priority the same as player even when they are invisible.

Bonus: Is usually given 2.0 just to the games that has own resources or in your case well implemented from others.

The things that you game does well, is... a lot of things, yea, is true that is just an standard plot on the history and the script used are too much know for rpg maker players but i have a good time since i do not remember when, playing your game puts me inside of the character Issac, it was awesome this level of character design i just see it in company games, is the part that i most enjoy of all. Along with the music, this game attempts to show a world beautiful with good map design and an incredible well implemented ambient style sounds some times. But the big deal are the cinematics. there are ones that never see before on rpg maker ace games and i can not believe the good quality introduction on the game, it make me wish do something similar but seems to far from my skills. The crafting introduction is cool, could be done better since the enemies are random encounters and the way to obtain materials could be more higher at the beginning.  The character decisions and dialogues are realistic, is a nice work there, you make me forget about my room environment while playing.

That sound when the text appears i always wanted to use it on my games but i never could make it look that way, but now that i see your game gives me the chance to return ant work on that in order to make my personalized ones. Also, there is the character animation, it is used when it is necessary improving the attention to the details.

I wonder how far do you will go with this game, it gives the idea that is pretty big, as can i tell if you can not have the time for making it happen maybe searching for a big team could do the job, there are a lot of things that can be implemented as complementation like better i.a and stuff like that, however it is going to be a thing if this add personalized art and music. Personally i does not like much the just one way games but it could depend of how much immersion the game has, like in metro last light.

Cheers for a good game =)

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't tried the game like Artificer did, but I wanted to say that I really liked the mapping and screenshots! The interior ones are the most impressing, in all honesty. They're lively. ^^

I'll give this game a go when I have more free time. :)

Sums

Musician and Writer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Wow guys thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll look into the bugs and will probably keep going with this project, as of now I have added at least 10-15 mins of new gameplay but I will update the demo till I have another 30-40 mins of new gameplay. If anyone is interested of making a team and being part of the game-making process PM me, I'll see what we can do :)

Artificer

Creator of worlds
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow guys thanks a lot for the feedback! I'll look into the bugs and will probably keep going with this project, as of now I have added at least 10-15 mins of new gameplay but I will update the demo till I have another 30-40 mins of new gameplay. If anyone is interested of making a team and being part of the game-making process PM me, I'll see what we can do :)
OHHHHHHHHHHH that sounds interesting

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This looks pretty good! I'll give it a try once I got free time -.-"

Lydyn

Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks nice. ^.^ The screenshots are especially interesting ... and so is the main character, though I'd be cautious about a person like that, haha. Keep up the good work!

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Frelance Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Looks pretty good. 

My only beef is with this screenshot. 

S

See those houses on the lower left side?  That roofing is supposed to be the kind that slants, so that looks just a bit strange to see the buildings in such weird shapes.   The shapes themselves are no issue, but the roof makes them look disjointed and pretty flat. I'm sure you can find another way to roof them so they look even better.  Also, that giant brickwork. Those things are huge! They mist be bigger than people's heads!
They they're laid out is nice! But... holy cow, paul bunyan bricks.  Is there a reason for that? If so I'll have to wait and see. 

I like the lighting used.  Another reviewer mentioned music, so I'm looking forward to hearing that when I play the demo.

Keep going!

Sums

Musician and Writer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Kyuukon Play it whenever you want, ill gladly wait for the feedback

@Lydyn Thanks, that's the point of the main character, his inner fight.

@Iron Croc I just wanted to give the city a feeling of being clustered, didn't notice about the bricks haha (using the rtp ones) but now that you mention i agree their huge. Thanks!

Tornado Samurai

A Samurai of the Storms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hiya, Sums. I'm Tornado Samurai.

I was just playing your game, "Edeon: Issac Chronicles" and might I say, it's a very great game so far! The music is beautiful and well chosen and played at the most correct times. The characters are very interesting and filled with personality (The dark side of Issac is pretty cool. xD) The mapping is spot on, very expansive and detailed and visually stunning as well. Not only that, your skill at making cutscenes is very amazing and professional. It's a pretty captivating journey so far!

I only found a few bugs within it though:

• The sound effect that plays when the text in a message box appears letter by letter can be summoned by pressing enter in the forest area after the scene where the merchant leaves Issac and departs for the city.
  • For some reason, when Issac enters the city, pressing enter for everything (interactions, menu, text box advance) is replaced by the buzzer/cancel sound effect.
Those are the only bugs I found so far. However, this game is really interesting and I can't wait to continue playing. :D

- Tornado Samurai, A Samurai of Storms

Sums

Musician and Writer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
@Tornado Samurai, Thanks a lot for the feedback, this motives me to keep going! Regarding the bug, I have tested the game and I did not come across it, try using "z" key instead enter, otherwise if the bug stays there I'll look into it, thanks for reporting it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
Hey people! What do you think about a core plugin? This will save some lines of code that I repeatedly use in all my plugins...
Wondering if I should make my enemies scale in my non-linear rpg. I'm leaning towards yes, but I don't want to use Yanfly's plugin...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foghiszdenisz