Edit the default RMMV Message Window Size?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by ACECORP, Jul 29, 2018.

1. ACECORP

ACECORP Founder & Entrepreneur Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I need to edit the default RMMV message Window size so that the default width is 1024 instead of the full screen.

I found something that looks similar to what I am looking to do, but not quite https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...dth-and-position-of-the-message-window.54230/

I use yanflg plugin to manually specify it but I can’t control the width of the level up messages that are built into the engine with that.

I think changing the default size by manually editing the core script is probably my only option to hit this comprehensively.

However, if there is an easier way to do it just for the level up messages that come from the engine, thats what’s driving my inquiry, so I’ll be happy to deal with that if that’s easier to deal with directly.

Has anyone done this and can possibly provide detailed instructions on what to change and where to make the default message box width on every message 1024?

Or, if there is a way to shut off the engine based level up messages, that’s also an option.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  2. ACECORP

ACECORP Founder & Entrepreneur Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I got a fix! Yanfly message core plugin... change the default width from
    Graphics.boxWidth to 1024 and it's problem solved!