[EDITED]Building for Android: Failed to notify project evaluation listener > Java Heap Space

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
COMMAND LINE:
Objective-J.js:9388 cordova create "a" "com.example.game" "a"
(unknown) Creating a new cordova project.
(unknown)
(unknown) Finished Creating Project...
(unknown) 
Objective-J.js:9388 COMMAND LINE:
Objective-J.js:9388 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Visual Novel Maker\tools\node\node.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Visual Novel Maker/scripts/package_android_cordova.js" "C:/Users/Stefano/Desktop/a" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Visual Novel Maker" "C:/Users/Stefano/Desktop/Build/a" "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" "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"
(unknown) Moving Data Files...
(unknown) Moving Resources...
(unknown) Finished Packaging...
(unknown) 
Objective-J.js:9388 cordova platform add android
(unknown) Using cordova-fetch for cordova-android@~6.3.0
(unknown)
(unknown) Adding android project...
(unknown)
(unknown) Creating Cordova project for the Android platform:
 Path: platforms\android
 Package: com.example.game
 Name: a
 Activity: MainActivity
 Android target: android-26
(unknown) Subproject Path: CordovaLib
(unknown) Android project created with cordova-android@6.3.0
(unknown)
(unknown) Discovered plugin "cordova-plugin-whitelist" in config.xml. Adding it to the project
(unknown) Installing "cordova-plugin-whitelist" for android
(unknown) 
               This plugin is only applicable for versions of cordova-android greater than 4.0. If you have a previous platform version, you do *not* need this plugin since the whitelist will be built in.

(unknown) Adding cordova-plugin-whitelist to package.json
(unknown) Saved plugin info for "cordova-plugin-whitelist" to config.xml
(unknown)
(unknown) --save flag or autosave detected
(unknown) 
Saving android@~6.3.0 into config.xml file ...
(unknown) Finished Adding Platforms...
(unknown) 
Objective-J.js:9388 cordova build android
(unknown) ANDROID_HOME=C:\PROGRA~2\Android\ANDROI~1
(unknown) JAVA_HOME=C:\Progra~2\Java\jdk1.8.0_162
(unknown) Reading build config file: C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\Build\a\a\build.json
(unknown)
(unknown) Reading the keystore from: C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\Build\a\a\MyGame.keystore
(unknown) 'keystore' and 'alias' need to be specified to generate a signed archive.
(unknown) :wrapper
2(unknown)
(unknown) BUILD SUCCESSFUL
(unknown)  in 57s
(unknown) 1 actionable task: 1 executed
(unknown) Subproject Path: CordovaLib
(unknown) Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster)
(unknown)
(unknown) The Task.leftShift(Closure) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use Task.doLast(Action) instead.
 at build_dcwviw6pj9p2qjfftp8phc49z.run(C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\Build\a\a\platforms\android\build.gradle:141)
(unknown) Expiring Daemon because JVM Tenured space is exhausted
(unknown)
(unknown) Daemon will be stopped at the end of the build after running out of JVM memory
(unknown)
(unknown) Failed to connect to host: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/addons_list-3.xml
(unknown)
(unknown) Failed to connect to host: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/addons_list-2.xml
(unknown)
(unknown) Failed to connect to host: https://dl.google.com/android/repository/addons_list-1.xml
(unknown) Failed to download any source lists!
(unknown) java.net.UnknownHostException: dl.google.com
(unknown)
(unknown) FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project 'android'.
> Failed to find Platform SDK with path: platforms;android-26
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
(unknown)
(unknown) BUILD FAILED
(unknown)
(unknown) Total time: 1 mins 37.345 secs
(unknown)
(unknown)
(unknown) Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx4095M
(unknown)
(unknown) Finished Building...
(unknown) 
* What went wrong:
* Try:
Error: cmd: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
* What went wrong:
* Try:
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx4095M
Here are my installed versions of Java:
Cattura.PNG
And here are my system variables:
es1.PNG
My paths:
es2.PNG
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Similiar is not the same, and you would get help faster if you place all info about your case here in your topic.
People help here for free in their free time, and it is considered good manners to give them all info they need here in your topic instead of wasting their time sending them through the internet for details.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry about that, I just had no idea where to start because this seemed a pretty VNM-unrelated problem to me.
I'm editing the original post right now.
EDIT: Hope it's ok now. I'm really, really sorry.

Last edited:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi,

can you post your PC specs? So we can see how much RAM do you have. Also, if you pass -Xmx1024m it means 1 GB Max. Heap Size but the error message says it can't reserve 2 GB. So try something like -Xmx4096m to set the max. size to 4 GB which doesn't mean it will take 4 GB of your ram, it is just the maximum size.

Let me know if that helps you out.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got 4GB of RAM (3,47GB available). Using "javac -version" I found an ok max heap size which would be 4095 I think (4094 = not enough space for the VM, 4096 = not enough ram).

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, new error (but I think the process progressed further than before). Also, I changed my system variables and paths which were not working.
Code:
Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible and 2 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details

The Task.leftShift(Closure) method has been deprecated and is scheduled to be removed in Gradle 5.0. Please use Task.doLast(Action) instead.
    at build_6b4v1fe7bi3lxxajbf6z3y9s2.run(C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\ProgettoCintoDemo\build\ProgettoCintoDemo\ProgettoCintoDemo\platforms\android\build.gradle:141)

Expiring Daemon because JVM Tenured space is exhausted

Daemon will be stopped at the end of the build after running out of JVM memory

* What went wrong:
> Failed to notify project evaluation listener.
   > Java heap space

* Try:

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 41.654 secs

Do you think disabling Daemon could help?

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump. Updated console log.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi FoxySeta,

I never tried to export for Android on a 4GB only system. I wonder if there is maybe really not enough free memory on your system. Did you try restart your PC and close all other programs and stuff? According to the logs its a memory issue. I will investigate your errors more.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi FoxySeta,

I never tried to export for Android on a 4GB only system. I wonder if there is maybe really not enough free memory on your system. Did you try restart your PC and close all other programs and stuff? According to the logs its a memory issue. I will investigate your errors more.
I'll give it a try then. Also, can I confidently stick with 4095m as maximum RAM to reserve?
EDIT: I tried to save as much RAM as possible. I updated the log cuz it looks like it changed a bit to me (it's even worse now!?) (if I'm not seeng things).
Here's my task manager's "Performance(s)" tab, RAM section:

I know the system Language is not set to english, but if you open yours you should be able to compare things.

Just one last thing: when I saw on Steam that only 4 GB of RAM were necessary, I thought I was safe; still, it may have also meant "4 GB of free RAM". In this case, I understand how this may actually be my fault and I may end up paying someone with better specs do this for me.

Last edited:

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, I think it depends if 2 GB are already in use and you only have 2GB left it might be an issue. I would need to setup a virtual machine with less memory to check if I can reproduce the issue. It seems the Java heap space is already set to 4095 (4 GB ) in your _JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable as you can see in the error message.

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! I don't really know how to save more RAM though. Maybe windows safe mode or something?

FoxySeta

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Lloyd@RedIronLabs

Lloyd - RedIronLabs | LRHS | FileArchiveHaven
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Once you run out of actual physical RAM, Windows should switch to using virtual memory (if you haven't disabled it by mistake). I would use -Xmx4096m.

This means you need to install some SDK components in the Android SDK.

> Failed to notify project evaluation listener.
> Java heap space

This means you ran out of RAM for the heap space for the Java build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main character of the book)
Things you can say about your rpg maker project but not your bf/gf: I'm not super committed but it's fun to play around with it.
putting a puzzle in my game that BSODs the player's computer if they complete it
I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltrone