Mark91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick question: is editing map data using the find / replace function of a program like Notepad ++ safe?
(For example to replace the name of an actor in messages or to replace all occurrences of a common event with another)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no

if done correctly it would be save, but it is not easy to do everything correctly.

For example replacing a name in messages should be save - although not needed for actors, because you can already use text codes for actor name placeholders, that is a better method.
Changing IDs can become much more critical and will require more care to make sure it is done correctly.

only try this with a lot of backups to correct mistakes.

Mark91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, sir!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!
Sheesh, Guys, don't think you can throw easy prices like $25/$50 on potions/ethers then have monsters pay you $75 for killing them (never understood that concept btw lol) and think it'll all work out!!! Just realized my prcies vs payout left my players unable to get decent stuff without some serious farming from the start, i'm about to call H&R Block to help my MC get his stimulus check just to buy new armor :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blizzie