Mark91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick question: is editing map data using the find / replace function of a program like Notepad ++ safe?
(For example to replace the name of an actor in messages or to replace all occurrences of a common event with another)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes and no

if done correctly it would be save, but it is not easy to do everything correctly.

For example replacing a name in messages should be save - although not needed for actors, because you can already use text codes for actor name placeholders, that is a better method.
Changing IDs can become much more critical and will require more care to make sure it is done correctly.

only try this with a lot of backups to correct mistakes.

Mark91

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you, sir!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to MV Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Generate Actors, Dark Fantasy Monsters, & I Heard There Was a Chosen One, | RPG Maker News #42

Work on Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer continues slowly but surely. :kaopride: Today I received the Game Over screen from @Finnuval!
GameOver.png
Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowlingMeteor277