kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses

Except download link or game title.

It would be a great chance for the people either who didn't upload the media perfectly or who want to put latest download link in the description.  

Just want to let you know about this.

Time to polish your own game's explanation! 

Last edited by a moderator:

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This isn't really useful except for those who completely forgot to add screenshots/description. :') The voting got extended but the winners are already pretty much guaranteed, and I don't think the judges pay attention to the "Media" uploaded for your entry.

Still, very nice of them to allow this!

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
This isn't really useful except for those who completely forgot to add screenshots/description. :') The voting got extended but the winners are already pretty much guaranteed, and I don't think the judges pay attention to the "Media" uploaded for your entry.

Still, very nice of them to allow this!
This is useful because I already gave up the chance of voting but it gives me a chance to put the download link in the 'description' of crash bug fixed or latest version of my game. Judges may play false version of my game, but it's a chance to people play my game completely. 

Winner of the voting is already fixed I guess. The game with 400+ votes. 

samshazam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OH THANK GOD!

This makes me so happy :D

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I think that contest files should have been required to be uploaded on their database.

That way people wouldn't have had been able to just replace file while keeping the link intact.

samshazam

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think that contest files should have been required to be uploaded on their database.

That way people wouldn't have had been able to just replace file while keeping the link intact.
Are people doing that? :( That's not cool.

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
I heard Dropbox is the thing that is possible.

Maybe the judges will download the games again then they will compare the file size or data modification date to the initial one. Because they said they're going to do this on someday.

Me? I'm using Mega and Mega is impossible to make a trick. Haha

Cinnamon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^

I raised the issue of updating your download while keeping the same link. It's very easy to do so and falsify the timestamp, especially if you have your own VPS. Their reply was that all games were downloaded on the first day after the deadline. :)  But like you, kartersaint, I used Mediafire (for the first time, haha) so the judges can be sure I never updated the game after the deadline.

But yeah, this is very useful in updating your description with a new download link for other players, that's true! ^_^

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I raised the issue of updating your download while keeping the same link. It's very easy to do so and falsify the timestamp, especially if you have your own VPS. Their reply was that all games were downloaded on the first day after the deadline. :)  But like you, kartersaint, I used Mediafire (for the first time, haha) so the judges can be sure I never updated the game after the deadline.
I pointed that out, too, and I'm glad they said that. I used Google Drive to be SURE the server didn't die, even though I have my own server.

I made a huge update to my game, so I'm glad I can update my page to let everyone know, even if it makes no difference for the contest.

BlackMage

The Warlock of Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Great! Now I can put a decent explanation of the game for my page.

Silvestre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the heads up, this is good to know. My game's contest page was needing some polishing.

Sadly the files can't be replaced, or new files added just in case, to make things easier for the players...

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Silvestre: No, but you can add a link to the new file in the description. I added some green text at the top of my page to make it stand out.

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
Although I made this thread but one thing I just wondered. 

The download link (Green thing) is actually should be modified as dev's wish.  

The reason? The judges and mods already got the games right after the deadline and they will judge the game as those ones! They will never download the game to replay again. 

The only effect of if modifying link is possible is just people's choice. Most things stuff? It quite can be abused. And rest of the prizes are handled by the judges who occupied the initial files of the games even the result will be directed by them. 

... Well, people's choice is kinda important. I considered again, then I realised I made a invalid argument. lol.  

But the result of the choice seems to settle already. Curious to see what will be happened on the last of the contest. 

Deckiller

Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, games were downloaded immediately after the deadline. We are asking that people do not update the downloads linked by the green button, though, in the event that we need to re-download fresh.

And yes, feel free to edit your descriptions and media now :)

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
Curious to know the purpose of re-download again. Isn't this useless what if the dev reinforced the game as crazy after the deadline and put the new link, but the result will be only handled by the first version (I just named it as this) of the game.  

Hm.. want to know this.

Well I can understand if it's related to the people's choice. That's the one thing I can speculate. Because any game can be reinforced as best after the deadline, and that will affect the vote of people's choice. Because people can play better version of the game and the vote will be change dramatically. 

... What am I doing in here? Never mind. I'm so sorry to bother you. Now I can see the purpose. :(

(10 minutes later) Wait, it's not... Okay. I need to stick my things, not being a detective. Need to sleep.

Merlandese

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I wonder if we should also consider the pages when we review each other here. It might be helpful to tell other contestants how they can make their page more appealing or better at conveyance/information now that it can be changed.

dinkledaberry

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Olde Englishe
Primarily Uses
Well shucks. Looks like I'll have to update the title screen image when the time comes. :) Good to see people that barely made it get the chance to spruce up their pages now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt