Eleda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't been able to find much on editing the UI except in the case of replacing the menu/dialogue boxes with images, which is great. But I have a few other ideas.

1. Is it possible to change the font of any given text in the game?

2. is it possible to keep the menu/message boxes as they are, but just tweak the color a bit?

3. I like the look of dialogue boxes that show character busts on the side - is there a way to make that happen for MV? Would I use a plugin like this one: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-message-background.47395/ and just make the bust part of the replacement image?

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes to everything. There are some font related video's on YouTube (Driftwood is especially critical of people who use the default font). You can also change window color. Also, for dialogue window options, Yanfly's Message Core should do the trick.

Reactions: Ely

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it's possible to change font
Take ttf file of font you wanna use place it in Fonts Folder
Edit your Gamefont.css file
Write Name of that ttf file instead of mplus-1m-regular.ttf
If your game doesn't load get another Font

Yes it is possible but not recommended to keep default menu
Anyways, You have decided it so just recolor your Window Skin
Depending your needs you may need to select a color in System in Database

Eleda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for the replies guys! I'll see what I can come up with in regards to a unique window design. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WakeNBake