Editing the UI

Eleda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't been able to find much on editing the UI except in the case of replacing the menu/dialogue boxes with images, which is great. But I have a few other ideas.

1. Is it possible to change the font of any given text in the game?

2. is it possible to keep the menu/message boxes as they are, but just tweak the color a bit?

3. I like the look of dialogue boxes that show character busts on the side - is there a way to make that happen for MV? Would I use a plugin like this one: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/galvs-message-background.47395/ and just make the bust part of the replacement image?

OmnislashXX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes to everything. There are some font related video's on YouTube (Driftwood is especially critical of people who use the default font). You can also change window color. Also, for dialogue window options, Yanfly's Message Core should do the trick.

Ameer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it's possible to change font
Take ttf file of font you wanna use place it in Fonts Folder
Edit your Gamefont.css file
Write Name of that ttf file instead of mplus-1m-regular.ttf
If your game doesn't load get another Font

Yes it is possible but not recommended to keep default menu
Anyways, You have decided it so just recolor your Window Skin
Depending your needs you may need to select a color in System in Database

Eleda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
thanks for the replies guys! I'll see what I can come up with in regards to a unique window design. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HimitsuYuki