Editing Yanfly's Item Synthesis Plugin [How to make it so the player doesn't need the item in possession]

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make it so a player has to craft the item to obtain it, yet yanfly's plugin requires you to have the item in possession with the item recipe. is there a way around this or another similar plugin?

Winshifter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven´t really tried it, so it might work. Use an item as a recipe with the items for that particular item, weapon or armor. Then use the example javascript in the plugin

<Custom Synthesis Effect>
var bottle = $dataItems[123];
$gameParty.gainItem(bottle, 2);
</Custom Synthesis Effect>

this should add the item you want without that particular item to be part of the item list, you can also use that part to remove a particular item if you so require...but again, I haven´t really tested this, so it might be a work around for what you need.

I don't recommend editing directly Yanfly's plugins code, but more like create alternate add ons to that particular plugin.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven´t really tried it, so it might work. Use an item as a recipe with the items for that particular item, weapon or armor. Then use the example javascript in the plugin

<Custom Synthesis Effect>
var bottle = $dataItems[123];
$gameParty.gainItem(bottle, 2);
</Custom Synthesis Effect>

this should add the item you want without that particular item to be part of the item list, you can also use that part to remove a particular item if you so require...but again, I haven´t really tested this, so it might be a work around for what you need.

I don't recommend editing directly Yanfly's plugins code, but more like create alternate add ons to that particular plugin.
I'm a bit of a nub, so do I add this to the plugin somewhere or within the item's notetag?

Winshifter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to add the note tag to the item that will be synthesized. However, reading again you original question, it may seem you don't want to have an item that functions as a recipe, yet you want it to be added to the list anyway. For that I guess you will have to create a custom plugin command to add a sort of recipe without the need for an item recipe.

DianteC

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to add the note tag to the item that will be synthesized. However, reading again you original question, it may seem you don't want to have an item that functions as a recipe, yet you want it to be added to the list anyway. For that I guess you will have to create a custom plugin command to add a sort of recipe without the need for an item recipe.
It's just weird, you have to have an item as the recipe, and the item you want to make from the recipe. I'd rather have the player collect recipes and use them to make the items to obtain them.

Winshifter

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mmm, from what I read from the code, you don't actually have to have the resulting synthetized item in the item list, you just have to have the recipe item.

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mmm, from what I read from the code, you don't actually have to have the resulting synthetized item in the item list, you just have to have the recipe item.
I think OP just worded it strangely, he probably meant the recipe, not the resulting item.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yo Ho Ho... Time flies when you are having rum...

I'm rewatching Glee, just watched grilled cheesus.
Now I'm not sure if I'm hungry or I want to cry.
I just completed Ara Fell - completing the game unlocks an Epilogue. An interesting thing to possibly consider for my games.
I decided to try to make a mucha-styled artwork, and by now I've sunk more time in studies and sketches than I usually do in the whole thing. Fingers crossed it's worth it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeoWolf