Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Editor ocassionally crashes while listening to BGM and clicking to another map in the hierarchy.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Tech Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

I know you posted in MZ feedback, but that's more for feature requests, and this requires some more troubleshooting and info gathering than just reporting as a bug.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A bit hard to gather info since there's no error logs in the editor, as far as I know.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
computer specs, location of installed program, what's running in the background, antivirus, current editor version.

Are you saying the crash happens sometimes when you're listening to BGM and sometimes when you change maps, or sometimes when you do both of them together?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My computer meets the specs, I run on Windows 10 64-Bit. It's installed in my Steam's direction, outside of Program Files. Steam, Antivrus and Discord were only running. It's using latest Steam version.

It is a strange crash that has happened twice when I've been working, it's hard to explain and even harder to pinpoint since there's no crashlogs in editor. It has happened somehow when playing BGM in the background, maybe having the song loop few times and then switching to another map in hierarchy or doing a transfer event while this song playing occured. The editor first freezes, then the whole program just crashes. RPG Maker MV didn't have this issue and neither has any editor in the past.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Crashed this time without even playing BGM, just copy pasting text to Namebox in a message.

I think that there may be a memory leak in the RPG Maker MZ engine. Saving the project increases the memory consumption each time it's done when I checked in task manager.

EDIT: I did further research. Each time you load any map in hieracrhy and then save project, it increases memory consumption. This is deffo a memory leak issue on the engine itself.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Check your music file associations. I had this bug too until I uninstalled audacity. Seems the editor and audacity were fighting over the same files at the same time for some stupid reason when I went to select a music file to play.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check your music file associations. I had this bug too until I uninstalled audacity. Seems the editor and audacity were fighting over the same files at the same time for some stupid reason when I went to select a music file to play.

Well, that could be it but I need Audacity for audio editing. The only file type it is set as default for me is the .AUP files.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It might be. If the files are really slow to load when you got select one that's probably the issue sadly. I think someone found that if it happens its because the file association on your computer got garbaged, and supposedly it can be fixed but I never got around to it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Added a modern day fridge sprite to my thread. Empty, full, and rotten versions :) enjoy
I'm on YouTube moderating for an America's Funniest Home Videos livestream. They love having me there and I know spam when I see it. Tonight I had to put 3 different people in time out due to them spamming random letters. Nobody else could chat with their messages in the way!
Mist_new.png
Some WIP of Mist's newest sprites! Tutorials are awesome and very useful!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bamionic