Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

I work for non-profit that aims to provide free help for kids, parents and teachers, on anything related to school/homeworks in Quebec, Canada.

I have been a gamer all my life and I have been recently promoted as "Game Manager" at this non-profit.... which is heaven for me.

I had an idea to build an Educational Game on RPG Maker MV. The game would be on math problem solving.
We have a good budget, a team of over 60 teachers, writers, etc.

I have played with RMMV but still unsure if I understand what I can do and what I cannot do...

But I have questions... .many... can anybody help me out answering them?

I would start by the most important one:

1 - Problem Solving Plugins
The idea is that you need to help people solve problems...

We would need special functionalities.... when two people talk to each others, there can be a math challenge that involves showing text, dragging/matching elements, having predefined numbers shown (or typed). And validation...of some sort.

Here's a video in as an example.

Here's the idea:

- There's text showing on one side, on the other
- There's some elements showing (wiggling)
- You need to identify which elements is useful and place them at the right place inside the equation.
- Dragging them display the value (or you type it) and allows you to build the equation.
- You can choose the operator.
- Validation is done

This is still being designed and is simply an example but is something like this doable?
Can I find help here to get such a custom module built?

We might need a lot of help building this project (above this plugin) but like I mentioned, we do have a budget....
Not sure how this would work yet but wanted to knock on this community door before finding a studio that would use their own tools....

Thanks,

J-F

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moderator note: I have approved this with the intent that the poster can get an idea of the feasibility of such a plugin.

@Jeester Can you remove the video or dub it in English, as this is an English speaking website. Thanks!

Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will dub it in English.... does it matter if the text shown remains in french?

Many thanks,

J-F

EDIT
The video is now in English

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jeester, i sent you a pm. have something you might be interested in

Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply!

Just wanted to point out that this example was just internal development ideas... anything that has a nice look and feel can be considered!

Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again!

While I would have liked to get this done via plugin only, it seems like a long shot... at least from what I can see now. I have done more researches and it seems complicated.... if possible at all.

I'm rethinking the idea.... with this gameplay actually inside an actual map, with regular controls.

I actually like it more this way but since it's not a plugin, I will ask my questions in the right forum! :)

If someone has an idea about this, still done with a full JavaScript plugin, gimme a buzz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulgbello