Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings,

I work for non-profit that aims to provide free help for kids, parents and teachers, on anything related to school/homeworks in Quebec, Canada.

I have been a gamer all my life and I have been recently promoted as "Game Manager" at this non-profit.... which is heaven for me.

I had an idea to build an Educational Game on RPG Maker MV. The game would be on math problem solving.
We have a good budget, a team of over 60 teachers, writers, etc.

I have played with RMMV but still unsure if I understand what I can do and what I cannot do...

But I have questions... .many... can anybody help me out answering them?

I would start by the most important one:

1 - Problem Solving Plugins
The idea is that you need to help people solve problems...

We would need special functionalities.... when two people talk to each others, there can be a math challenge that involves showing text, dragging/matching elements, having predefined numbers shown (or typed). And validation...of some sort.

Here's a video in as an example.

Here's the idea:

- There's text showing on one side, on the other
- There's some elements showing (wiggling)
- You need to identify which elements is useful and place them at the right place inside the equation.
- Dragging them display the value (or you type it) and allows you to build the equation.
- You can choose the operator.
- Validation is done

This is still being designed and is simply an example but is something like this doable?
Can I find help here to get such a custom module built?

We might need a lot of help building this project (above this plugin) but like I mentioned, we do have a budget....
Not sure how this would work yet but wanted to knock on this community door before finding a studio that would use their own tools....

Thanks,

J-F

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moderator note: I have approved this with the intent that the poster can get an idea of the feasibility of such a plugin.

@Jeester Can you remove the video or dub it in English, as this is an English speaking website. Thanks!

Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will dub it in English.... does it matter if the text shown remains in french?

Many thanks,

J-F

EDIT
The video is now in English

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Jeester, i sent you a pm. have something you might be interested in

Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply!

Just wanted to point out that this example was just internal development ideas... anything that has a nice look and feel can be considered!

Jeester

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again!

While I would have liked to get this done via plugin only, it seems like a long shot... at least from what I can see now. I have done more researches and it seems complicated.... if possible at all.

I'm rethinking the idea.... with this gameplay actually inside an actual map, with regular controls.

I actually like it more this way but since it's not a plugin, I will ask my questions in the right forum! :)

If someone has an idea about this, still done with a full JavaScript plugin, gimme a buzz!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

so, ive been gone for too long when i log in and see that everything is where is shouldn't be. XD
Steam killing my eyes.. I forgot why I use it only when I have no other choice
Making a map, my brain went "Look, Mjölnir!" as I plotted out a sacrificial entrance.

Actually, it went, "Look, hammer. Wait, Thor's hammer!"
CG tile rendering, take 3: windows.
which section you guys think looks more accurate to the perspective? left or right?

for reference, this is what it looks like "at street level"
Okay, Animal Crossing is remarkably addictive and exceptionally calming. I've been playing it pretty exclusively... like... 6 hours a day. Been a while since I've been this engrossed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Victastico