Effect Conditions

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

In RPG Maker, you can assign effects to items or skills. Effects are special behaviors that occur when the item or skill is successfully executed.

For example, you can create a "Poison" skill that has a 50% chance to add a "Poison" state to the target, or you can create a "Skill Book" item that will teach a new skill to a particular actor when that actor is selected.

Now, let's say you had a skill book that teaches Fire, but only magic users can learn it. Do you want non-magic users to be able to use the book as well? Maybe not.

In this situation, it would be useful to be able to define "conditions" that must be met in order for the skill book to be used.

This plugin allows you to define "effect conditions", which are conditions that are given to each and every effect on an item or skill. Before an effect can be applied, all conditions must be met.

With these conditions, you can now check whether the actor that you would like to use it on is able to learn Fire!

Effect conditions are formulas, so you can create conditions on anything that you can imagine.

More information and downloads available at HimeWorks

Free for use in Commercial and Non-Commercial projects.

HeroicJay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin sounds useful, but I found a bug: Just having this plugin installed breaks the feature where it won't let you use items that have no effect, whether they have effect conditions or not. (Though if they do have effect conditions, at least one must be met.)

For example, your "Fire Book" would be usable on someone that already knows Fire, assuming they meet the first effect condition. A Potion with no effect conditions at all can be used on someone with full HP. Neither of those would happen without this plugin.

EDIT: Ah, I figured out why. The problem is in this line:

TH_GameAction_applyItemEffect(this, target, effect);

It should be

Code:
TH_GameAction_applyItemEffect.call(this, target, effect);

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the report.

I tested whether the logic works, but I think I may have only been doing positive testing and not negative testing.

I've updated the plugin with the "call".

Last edited by a moderator:

Suuyasha

Sliver Kid
Reaction score
First Language
German/Engl.
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Supercool plugin!!!! Thank you a lot Hime!! You're awesome! :) Just one question what I didn't find out yet. I want to acheave if the actor can't learn the spell, he's saying this in a message box. I added it as 2. effect but it doesn't work.... Maybe I do something wrong?

Attachments

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe I do something wrong?
Your first effect is learn spell
Your second effect is call common event
But you wrote them the opposite in the note box.
not class 11 learn then class 11 common event

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.
Amazing. I had seen it more than 10 years ago, but seeing Monster this year was an incredible experience. It was certainly one of the best endings I've ever seen in anime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onpeex