BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing in terms of commercial games that I'm more limited for resources is in marketing and publishing, and I'm also currently reevaluating mobile device support for a multitude of reasons. And I totally suck at dealing with the first two items on that list as I have ultimately found out in scrapping my first Steam submission. So I was wondering about being effective in writing the actual marketing pitch for my game project. (I'm not asking for direct recommendations because of some very specific reasons - just for advice on dealing with the pitch process itself.)

Any ideas?

Dezue

*******.com/peninja
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heyho!
Marketing might probably be the number one weak point of many indie developers, so... at least you're not alone XD ;)
There's a GDC talk on this subject I often re-watch, maybe it'll help you with some of the process:

Take care and stay funky,
Dez

BENI_MARU

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Devolver put out a fantastic series on the BTS of publishing. The second episode was particularly insightful imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We start in 5 minutes!
I'm making MAGIC!
aww I am sad but happy for brackeys to decide to pursue something new but seing brackeys ending is so sad ;w;
Now RPG Maker has brought him here. He will never be rid of his need for it. He hates and loves the RPG Maker, just as he hates and loves himself. Featherbrain's life is a sad story. Yes, Featherbrain, he was called. Before the RPG Maker found him. Before it drove him mad.
Really struggling with XP animations but my game deserves my best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcussss