coyotecraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is part Bug. Part Suggestion.

In effekseer.min.js the setDynamicInput function has (index, value) as it's arguments. However value isn't actually used within the body, so any attempt to use it will instead set the value to NaN.
This is present in v1.52k, v1.52n, v1.53b, and v1.61b
It's a pretty simple fix. Just add "value".
setDynamicInput(index,value){Core.SetDynamicInput(this.context.nativeptr,this.native,index,value)

With that working, I'd suggest adding setDynamicInput to the Sprite_Animation render in rmmz_sprites.js
Although I can think of a way a plugin would work, I really think the Animations tab would benefit from an extra field, or dropdown menu with preset values.

What is Dynamic Input?
In effekseer it's called dynamic parameters. You have regular parameters that set position, scale, angle, rotations of particle nodes. You can use a static value, or you can set a dynamic one with an expression which you with the effekseer project. But with just effekseer itself, that really boils down to just a hand full of basic math functions like a random number or sin wave. Obviously this was a tool for game development, and there's meant to be some integration with game engines. Which I believe is what Dynamic Input is here for. That way you have animations that are responsive to variables like player's direction and battler positions. Which, my god, the sideview battle system is in desperate need of.
Imagine a simple flow of particles from caster to target. Since the offset or spawn point of particles would vary, the effect requires RPG Maker's input. Hence "dynamic input".
Effekseer has 4 input variables. I think it would be ideal for RMMZ's animation tab to have custom fields for these values.
For example setting Input0 to an Actor's relative position, informing the effect on where to spawn or move particles. Either by script or preset selections based on system settings and display types.

I think there would be enough room on in the Animation Tab if Scale, Speed, and Offset X & Y where delegated to an "advanced" dialogue box along with dynamic input settings.

There's a lot of untapped potential here.

coyotecraft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh cool, they finally approve my topic.
Here's a little video of what Effekseer Animations can do when the Dynamic Input is functional.

The first thing I demonstrate are variable coordinates. The target, in the traditional sense of this animation is actually playing on the player. The Dynamic Input is set to Dragon Event's location. The orbs spawn at the origin (in this case the player) and move toward the input coordinates. The Red "Target" label is part of the animation as well. But it will follow the Dragon around, not the player. I walk around while the animation is playing to show that the "target" sign is fixed while the rest of the animation stays relative to the player. That's just the way I have this animation set up.

The second thing I demonstrate is how the effekseer animation can display different things based on Dynamic Inputs. For this, I'm using the Player's Direction. When the player is facing Left, it shows blue circle. When the player is facing right, using the same animation, it'll show a 3D Orb.
Just imagine. In the past if you wanted a unique animation for a particular character you had to make a separate animation. But with Dynamic Inputs, a single animation can display variable cut-in portraits using the caster's ID as the dynamic input.

Lastly, I demonstrate how the mouse input can be used to as a dynamic input for a fun effect. I made a tentacle/tongue thing follow the mouse around. With a little tweaking to the animation, it can be a flame thrower. Or a chain hook.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.
I just love the MV feature that allows you to create your own animations!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sardin