Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, I wonder why your version is showing as h but mine is showing as g? Very strange... I wonder if they finally updated the link and the newer version has a bug?

Try scrolling down and downloading this version instead
1594402388100.png

The main download button said h when I downloaded, but I got version g instead.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@ravenhood Yes, each particle within a node spawns its own copies of all child nodes; those children would then do the same with their own children (if any). Once you understand how inheritance works you can start using it to create clever effects.

For example by using 'spawning method' found under 'window' you can make a ring or particles. You can then add a child node which itself creates a smaller ring of particles. As this child is applied to each particle made by the parent you effectively get a ring of rings using only 2 nodes.

Add some movement and you get this:

Here's the sample if anyone wants to dissect it. The only changes made were on 'basic settings', 'position' and 'spawning method'

Attachments

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hmm, I wonder why your version is showing as h but mine is showing as g? Very strange... I wonder if they finally updated the link and the newer version has a bug?

Try scrolling down and downloading this version instead
View attachment 150800

The main download button said h when I downloaded, but I got version g instead.
I downloaded that version and the other before that. Nothing. I contacted twitter and then them the error file to see if they can come up with anything. And just in case, Im updating Windows. Just in case.

Speaking of "in case", does this program have requisites or anything for it to be installed?

Edit: Forgot to add the error file.

Attachments

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Juanita Star "System.AccessViolationException" This first line makes me ask if you have by chance placed the files somewhere it needs special permissions to access, such as in program files or something? You could also try the good old right click, run as admin.

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Juanita Star "System.AccessViolationException" This first line makes me ask if you have by chance placed the files somewhere it needs special permissions to access, such as in program files or something? You could also try the good old right click, run as admin.
I just copy the downloaded program into the desk. But just for testing, I tried opening on the Download carpet. Still the same. And yep, tried the admi privileges, but nothing.

Too bad, because I wanted to learn the program for the Contest. Hopefully I can fix this somehow.

Dororo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just copy the downloaded program into the desk. But just for testing, I tried opening on the Download carpet. Still the same. And yep, tried the admi privileges, but nothing.

Too bad, because I wanted to learn the program for the Contest. Hopefully I can fix this somehow.
It's more complicate than this. It's not a RW permission. The app is trying to address a memory location that the system consider "bad" as something else is pointing it not correctly (practically speaking, a process is ALREADY doing "bad" on that memory location and Microsoft doesn't want to be responsible of managing it).
SO: the easy solution is often to update or install/re-install the .NET framework, or if the thing doesn't work, sometime even downgrading it can work. That should usually reallocate memory addresses for .NET processes and solve the problem...
The harder but surefire solution is for you to find what process is actually referencing a memory address "incorrectly" (but that's can be a daunting task and I can't help you!).

ravenhood

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowHawkDragon thank you! That ring test really impressive, i can't believe such effect was so simple to achieve like that. It was a very useful info to know

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Juanita Star I checked the tutorial for any install tips/requirements and it mentions needing D3DCompiler_47.dll (providing said link), which appears to be a part of Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7. This coincides with what @Dororo just said.

Looking at it, the link appears to refer to an issue with windows 7, so unless you are on win 7 I'd recommend trying to do a full install of .NET Framework 4.7 first. I'll admit this is not in my comfort zone so its hard for me to help out much further.

@ravenhood Glad it helped. Node inheritance is a very powerful tool once you get to grips with it.
Such as having a parent which only spins on the spot and a child which only moves outward. Combined you get a spiral motion.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowHawkDragon

You seem to know a lot about this, I hope you don't mind if I ask you a question. I can't seem to figure out how to precisely position a sprite with the f-Curve, I try to edit the coordinates in their fields but it just resets to the root node. I can't get the coordinate I want by dragging the line with the mouse.
1594441502055.png

I would like Node "D" location Y to be exactly -0.200

NVM, I figured it out, I was on frame 0, I had to move to frame 1.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So here's a sample project for anyone who wants see an example of child nodes in use.

Feel free to add your own particle images and colour easing; this gif is an example of the same project (which still uses white squares) in full finish.

Attachments

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
@Dororo
@ShadowHawkDragon

-Im using Windows 10 (Pro)
-Also, I dont have a video graphic card, just using the defaul graphic stuff from my pc.
-I downloaded the latest updates, still nothing. Uninstalled them and tried installing them again. Nope.
-Windows 10 have this thing were you cant uninstall Net framework only, so that was the only way.

So, guess Im stuck xD

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Okay, just letttig you all know: I contacted the official page on twitter and the person behind it helped with the program. Today I finally opened it! Late for the contest, but still happy becuase I can finally learn!
Thank you all for your effort!

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm planning to use sprite sheets (especially sprite sheets from MV and Samurai Pack) to create animations for MZ. I understand that using the Animation option and the Fixed option for UV are two ways to work with the sprite sheets, but is it possible to use the F-curves option instead of either the Animation option or the Fixed option for the sprite sheets? I have been trying to do so, but I'm struggling with the UV size part for the sprite sheets when it comes to the F-curves. I want to be able to use F-curves in order to have more control of the animation of the sprite sheets, especially if I want for the animation sequence to go in reverse (for example). It's easy to set the size in the Animation option and in the Fixed option, but it is not easy to do so in the F-curves option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jefigeb851