Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Whenever a battler "is/are/am metal," they are invincible.

AceTheMad

Village Madman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Armored: You can only damage these enemies if you have an Ether weapon or topple them.

Lowell

The Walking Atelier
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Adrenaline: For every point in TP, the users ATK increases by 1% and defense by 0.5%

>> I have some equipment/states that can increase the TP Cap, which means that if they have 250 TP Max, they can increase their ATK and DEF by 250% and 125%

Hide: Reduces target rate by 75% and increases the power of the next physical attack by 50%. Fades after attacking

>> This state will disappear when using normal attacks or if the user gets hit. Certain skills allow the state to persist though...

Reverse Wind: Evasion vs. Physical +80%, Reflects Ranged Attacks

>> Nothing to point out here

Reinforce: At the cost of 5% MP per action, the users attributes are increased based on the difference between their Max MP and current MP.

>> At max MP a character's stats will increase by 100% while at about 20% MP they only get a 20% buff.

StrawberrySmiles

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a game that seemed to have interesting ailments:

Blinn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Drenched: Electric attacks deal 50% more damage.

Degenerating: Lose 20% HP every turn.

Annoyed: Lowers Attack by 40%. Lowers Evasion by 25%.

Hyperactive (Unique to a certain character): Raises Agility by 50%. Raises Attack by 15%.

Another Fen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
An ally turns into a big slab of tofu! Higher evasion, but much lower defense.
What... now I've seen everything. :D

I think "Tofu" and "Pixel" can become a really nice choice on how do you want to defend yourself (not to forget I've barely seen a game using "Love" like that). Nice found. :)

Annoyed: Lowers Attack by 40%. Lowers Evasion by 25%
I somehow like that too. It just fits. :)

---

I tried to find a way to distinguish the battle style of melee and ranged battlers. By now I'm thinking about a state to reward them:

Archery/Combo :

Doubles the targets agility for one turn. Also generate 5 TP if this state is granted two turns in a row.

The state is granted to ranged battlers after they survived a turn without taking damage from an enemy attack. Melee battlers have to select a target they already attacked during the previous turn instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirge

Sound Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've done some neat stuff using states in one of my games.

Gift of Flames

REC * 110%

This is part of a boss encounter, a fire creature. For every 10% HP the boss has lost, it gains a stack of Gift of Flames, increasing its healing effectiveness by 10%. The boss also has an ability of the same name which heals it for 5%. This means as its HP gets lower, it heals itself more effectively.

Another boss has an ability called Raise Earth, which gives him this state:

Earthbound

DEF * 200%

Seal Skill [Raise Earth]

as he surrounds himself with shield of floating rock. When he has the Earthbound state, he gains a new attack, Stone Rain, which flings those rocks at the party, dealing damage to the whole party, removing the Earthbound state in the process. When he hits 50%, he applies this state to the party:

Molten Earth

Deals 5% HP damage per turn, and causes the target's ATB bar to fill at 70% speed (using an ATB system obviously).

A later boss, a wind spirit, gains a stack of Extreme Speed every turn, increasing the ATB fill rate by 10% per stack. Basically this means that he will quickly be attacking faster and faster until the party no longer gets to even go. It's effectively a damage race boss.

Asigna

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These are some of the states for my upcoming project "Plantera Adventures" (which i am yet to post). All of these are done with editing certain scripts such as Game_battler, Game_unit and Scene_battle and some additional scripts. :)

Undead - Cannot be healed, affected becomes weak to the "Light" element.

Death wall - When affected is damaged, the affected gains death status.

Alma barrier - Affected is protected by a barrier that will reduce all damage to 1. The barrier is broken when damaged 4 times and is followed by an explosion effect and a message "Alma barrier destroyed!".

Frozen - Affected cannot move for 3 good turns and affected battler's sprite is encased by ice via animation. Is cleared by a fire elemental attack.

Delirium - Targeting goes haywire. The character may still choose skills as usual but ally hitting skills will hit enemies and enemy hitting skills will hit allies. One of the most dangerous statuses if not dealt with immediately.

Restrained - All physical attacks are disabled.

Erased - Gained by enemy attack "Eliminate" and "Warp". Removes target from battle, sprite disappears and affected becomes untargettable to enemies and to allies for the duration of the battle. Affected is flagged as dead, HP and SP however is retained.

Possesed - Is associated with the enemy skill "Possess". The user of the skill disappears from battle and inflicts this state on a random character. The enemy that has used this skill cannot be defeated until those who have been affected by this state is killed off (a job to be done by your party) so that the user may return to battle to be defeated.

Infection X - Same as Zombie of Final Fantasy. Affected's HP drops to 0 and starts attacking either enemies or allies each turn. Aesthetically, they turn green and show an angry speech bubble.

Fossilized - Affected is flagged as dead and become invincible to attacks and takes no healing. Same as petrify. Aesthetically, the character's sprite turns grey.

Blown away - Dealt with enemy abilities "Blow" and "Snuff", it ejects a target from battle. If the remaining party members are killed off (death, fossilized or Infection X) or the entire party is blown out, the battle ends with a draw and is neither a game over or a victory. The party gains no EXP or rewards.

Of course there are many more.

Reaction score
First Language
engish
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if it was possible to make a fire sprite who regained health if fire was used on him in MV. and how to do that.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if it was possible to make a fire sprite who regained health if fire was used on him in MV. and how to do that.

Think you in the wrong area my friend

but check out this plugin http://himeworks.com/2015/12/elemental-negation/

And I always did like this topic.

Strain : Makes all abilities cost twice as much MP to use. - I like this better than the usual silence/mute because this state just prevents you from using anything that costs more than half your MP.

Edit* Should make clear that my game uses a small MP pool and many states use more than half max MP.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
so far, my most interesting state is simple. it makes it so that the afflicted only uses "Attack" and it lowers all there stats by 20%. duration is 3 turns

(any longer and it goes from keeping players on there toes, to annoying)

Mahoken

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've got two pretty interesting states at the moment, one based off of Mordekaiser from League of Legends.

Iron Man: You start battles with a shield equal to 6.25% of your Max Health. Each turn, you lose a portion of your shield equal to 2.5% of your Max Health.

Also, you gain 25% of the damage you deal with skills as a shield.

I'm actually pretty proud of myself for making this passive work! 

Hunger: You heal 5% of your Missing Health and 2.5% of your Missing Mana with each normal attack.

Not sure if these would entirely count, because you know... it's not JUST a state, but also a combination of skills.

SweetMeltyLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Laughing - Doubles mana costs and reduces all your elemental damage output by 50%

It's a replacement to the Silence (or Amnesia) status. Instead of simply not being able to use skills, it's just less effective. The player can take this time to cast status effects (as they are not affected by the damage reduction), use physical abilities or use items

Azurecyan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Negative states:

Corrosion - DEF is slowly chipped away every turn by 4%. If not tended to, then your defense can be reduced to completely 0.

Petrification - Not an interesting one, but an augmented version of the state. Once stoned, you cannot move(ofc), but defense is increased by 2x. Instant death can only be caused by a critical hit.

Parasite - All stats will decrease every turn by 2%, while the opponent will have their stats increase every 1% for every person affected by it. 

Knocked Out - Activated only when hit by a critical attack at 10% HP (or an enemy puts you into instant knockout). Instead of dying or a Death State, you are knocked out for 5 turns. Enemies won't hit you but you are still susceptible to AoE attacks. When your HP hits 0, you'll die.(Still working on it.)

Fatigue - Attack, Defense, and Speed is reduced to 50%. Usually put into this state after recovering from a certain number of knockouts.

Positive States:

Fortification - DEF is increased by 25% for every character still alive in battle.

Miracle Drug - (only used by a certain item)Status Effects are nullified for 5 turns. Stats increased by 50%.

Misty - Enemies are less likely to target you.

Aggro - Enemies are more likely to target you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Distracted- Target is Distracted. Cannot move for 1-2 turns. Makes them suffer under all three Yanfly Taunts.

Fever- Makes you doubly weak to Ice.

Headache- MP Regen= -10%. TP Regen= -15%. HP Regen= -5%.

Sore Throat- MP Regen= -10%. Silence= 15%.

Listless- TP Regen= -5%. Sleep= 30%

Rabies- Attack*500. Attack Element Physical. Attack State: Rabies 90%, Bleed 50%, Mortal Wound 10%, Cripple 35%. Attack Times: 9+. Attack Speed: 50. Auto Battle. Restricted to attacking allies.

Cripple- Lowers Agility and Defense, and makes you less able to evade stuff. Hope you're not a physical fighter!

Mortal Wound- HP Regeneration -50%! For 3-6 turns no less!

Panic Attack- Specific to Alto, my main character. Lowers all his stats, he can't move, and seals the Skill Type Songs (he's a Bard). This only triggers when he's inflicted by the Silence state.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have few interesting states to share (from our upcoming mini-project release! Very soon!)

Clean Finish:

When target HP is low, user's weaponskills potency is increased 

Spirit Assist:

When user's HP is low, user can use an instant and free normal potency heal, once per turn.

Undead Blood:

When user is knocked out, medium chance of auto-raised without any penalty.

Sniper:

When user is the only target in back row, critical rate increases a lot.

These are all Passive States for the four characters in our mini-project. Please look forward to it! (Shameless advertising :p)

Austintatious

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
"Exposed Head", "Exposed Stomach", "Exposed Back", "Exposed Limbs", "Guarding Head", "Guarding Stomach", "Guarding Back", "Guarding Limbs"

Basically there are 4 "elemental" types representing head, stomach, back, and limbs. Techniques always target a specific part of the body on the enemy and do less damage if that area is not exposed. Some groups of enemies will use techniques that trip you "exposing your back" while their comrades use techniques that target your back. Some techniques do a combination of exposing, attacking, and guarding. Some enemies always have something like "an exposed stomach" which will be made apparent by a giant glowing spot on the monster graphic, you learn female enemies generally have sensitive stomachs, etc.

If anyone has a better idea than "exposed limbs" for a 4th area, I'd love to hear it. The idea was to have moves that aim for the kneecaps or hands. (I need 4 spots to target for other reasons).

DraynaRue Games

CPU Candidate
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thorn Bind Hostage (Log Horizon):

Prevents the target from acting for 3-5 turns. If the target is hit within those turns they receive a massive amount of damage and the state is instantly removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz