EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Intro:

This plugin simply allows you to lock the player into a save file upon starting, or loading a game file.

Version: 1.01

Changelog: : Goodbye lag and troll save slots( slots not updating).

Features:

• Player can't switch between save files upon loading, or starting a new game.
  • More save files are added if the maximum number of slots is filled.

Instructions:

1. Simply install the script
  2. Use the helpers provided

/* Functions:
* KR.Helpers.addSaveSlot()
* - Increase the number of save slots on the load/save screen.
* KR.Helpers.saveGame()
* - Lets you save the game at the last locked file id.
*/

Please see the below attachment to use the plugin.

Credits:

Free for both commercial and non-commercial use.Credit with the name Kino, or EIS.

Thanks:Thank you to anyone who decides to use this script; I appreciate it!

If there are any bugs/issue, please contact me via message on the forums. I want to try and make the script as extensible/flexible as possible, so if you have an ideas, please message me.

View attachment EISLockedSaves.js

Last edited by a moderator:

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Hello, I am getting a strange error trying to load saves made by your script. What is weird is it worked perfectly fine earlier, but now it bugs out pretty heavily whenever I try to save or load. Upon saving, the first two slots work fine, but the third slot saves a "blank" save. Loading either will give me a error message:

dad865237f.png

From what I can see it has to do with loading music?

16d0d8122a.png

I hope this can be fixed, since this plugin does pretty much -exactly- what I want for my save/load setup.

EDIT:

I managed to ugly-fix it on my end. Not sure how stable it is or how useful it is to you to know about, but figured I'd tell you about my solution: Basically, as the game starts, I use:

$gameSystem.onBeforeSave();DataManager.saveGame(99);

Then I let your autosave scriptcall trigger once (saving into slot 1-2-3 and so on, whichever is the first empty slot, creating a fully working save. After this I use:

StorageManager.remove(99);

To delete the dummy save I made at the start of the game. This seems to fix the problem, and the only time this would cause any issues as far as I know is if someone starts their 100th playthrough of my game, effectively overwriting playthrough 99 as they start it.  :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Kino

EIS Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was able to fix the issue, and what you posted gave me some insight. 
The game calls $gameSystem.onBeforeSave(), when saving from Scene_Save.
Without it, the game's audio information etc is not saved, which is why audio was the issue in your post.

So, redownload the file it has been updated; everything should work now~!

Reactions: Cel

Cel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Can confirm that it works fine now! Thanks so much for the quick fix.

Finrod

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Kino,
I just came across your Locked Saves plugin and gave it a try. I also have Yanfly's SaveCore, but that is listed below yours in my plugin list. I was previously using this script to autosave shortly after starting a new game:
if (DataManager.lastAccessedSavefileId() !== 0){

$gameSystem.onBeforeSave()

DataManager.saveGame(DataManager.lastAccessedSavefileId());

But if all of my save slots were full, this would overwrite the first one (or next one in order, depending). Your plugin sounds like it's supposed to solve this problem--lock into a save slot, and make a new slot if the available are full, but I'm experiencing the same problem. It's still overwriting rather than creating a new slot. I really don't know much of anything of scripting, so it's very possible I'm just doing something wrong (likely).

I tried using your helper scripts like this, in two separate calls:

KR.Helpers.addSaveSlot()
KR.Helpers.saveGame()

I think the only other thing I've done is limit the number of save slots available to 3, using the Yanfly plugin. It's set that low just to test the plugin, but I'm guessing (again, based on no scripting knowledge grounded in reality) that's not likely the problem since RMMV sets the number of slots to 20 by default; so I assume if that's the problem it would occur again if the number of saves hits that threshold anyway?

Thanks so much; and sorry for the long post. I just want to be thorough so I don't waste your time getting clarification from me if you don't need to.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.
how it looks from the top
Hike was successful guys! I made it to the top!
Add Film-like Visual Effects During Test-Play, Deploy Games with Electron | RPG Maker News #69

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiteSilverwind